8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

HELP! What would you do? Would you tollerate this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottawahondasux is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry HELP! What would you do? Would you tollerate this?

I need advise! I know its long but please read and tell me what you would do.

In December '06 I purchased a '07 Civic from Ottawa Honda by Dilwari on Richmond Rd, in Ottawa On. It all started when I first picked it up....remember that...meeting your Civic for the first time!...you traded in your beater for this awesome, brand new work of art, with nothing to worry about for a long time...you'd think..

When I picked her up the plastic cover over the speedometer was scratched, so they quickly booked an appt for me to come in and have it replaced. I came for the appt and waited 2 hours for them to tell me they ordered the wrong cover-get it right Ottawa Honda. A week later I returned waited another 3 hours to have the correct part replaced.

In the first week of January the SRS light went on. I booked another appt. I waited another 3 hours until they told me they needed to order a sensor and I'd have to come back. The lady asked-as if to blame me for the light- "when did you have the starter installed?"- Ottawa Honda installed the starter.

So I booked another appt, waited another 3 hours for them to tell me "good news and bad news." "Good news-we replaced the sensor, it's fixed, bad news the light is still on." Great!, so its not fixed then? He told me that the machine doesn't recognize it because its "too new" (as if!) and to just have it fixed when I have to come in for my next oil change...I calmly asked for the managers business card and left.

I booked another appt, Monday 12:30pm. By this time the bug deflector had started coming off while driving on the highway (Ottawa Honda installed it) and the washer fluid was spraying very low on the windshield. I made arrangements to borrow the managers CRV demo for the day. I left, came back before 5:00, manager told me its not fixed and he needs to keep it over night. I drove the CRV home and to work the next day. Hated it by the way- it's definitely not a Civic!

Ottawa Honda told me to come in Wednesday to pick it up. They said they replaced the harness. I came in, it wasn't done. Now I'm in a rental. a gross toyota camery. I WANT MY CIVIC BACK!!!!

It's Friday. A week later. They called at 3:54pm. "It's done, you can pick it up." They said they replaced the entire SRS system. I dropped the rental off, and went to Ottawa Honda to pick up the car.

Finally! This back and forth crap is over, its fixed! I saw it in the lot, it looked beautiful, they had washed it. I get in, the guy tells me the light is off, but my car starter doesn't work. They want to see how it runs without the wiring of the starter, they think that had something to do with the light, and that I would have to BOOK ANOTHER APPT!!!!! Let me remind you, this is a starter they installed.

Up until this point I had kept my cool. Up until this point I had been EXTREMELY patient and understanding. This time I LOST IT! I wanted to return the Civic- take it back! Give me one that is not a lemon! I am/was very very frustrated, and starting getting upset. This car is literally 80 days old! It had 10KM on it when I picked it up! I didn't buy a brand new car to have to take it in every week. I drove a crappy 97 Mazda Protoge that had not seen as many visits to the garage in the 3 years I drove it!

Some guy from sales came over and started being very condescending, comparing the situation to going to the doctor for multiple prescriptions, as if I am some uneducated idiot! COME ON! Wal-Mart has a better return policy. Fine the warranty covers the cost, and yes they gave me a car to drive, but I don't have the time to continuously be driving 40 minutes out of my way to have problems OTTAWA HONDA created, fixed. I left after making a scene, stormed out of there, got into my clean car (they had put all of my possessions in the trunk) and drove off.

2 minutes later I noticed the stereo wasn't working. Code Error 1..2..3..I turned around, went back to get them to fix the stereo. The guy was kind of rude, saying "well the code is in the glove compartment"...he sent someone out to fix it, they came in with the code and the service advisor said "oh it was in the glove compartment right?"- "No, actually it wasn't"....I took the code and left, frustrated to the point of tears, with no starter, needing to book another appt. I noticed later the washer still sprays low and I haven't checked the bug deflector.

It leaves me feeling uneasy about the safety of the vehicles, the credibility of the mechanics and the quality of service offered by Ottawa Honda, furthermore by Honda.

Are all Civics like this? Is it common to have so many problems in the first few months? Am I wrong in feeling frustrated? Would you react the same way? What would you do, or expect, in a situation like this? Is it even possible to return a car?

Thank you for reading this. I would appreciate any advise or feedback on my dilemma.

ottawahondasux
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

2k1_Toaster will become famous soon enough
No you have a lemon and a bad dealership. I would demand them to take it back and give you a full refund for the purchase price, registration costs, installation of the starter, everything. Then go to another dealership and buy one. I know in the states there is a 90-day lemon law sort of thing. Also if it is unsafe to drive, or shouldn't be driven (SRS light I think constitutes that), then you are allowed to return no questions asked.

Most honda's are not like this. Sure there will always be some lemons, as with any mass produced product, and it sounds like you got one. Start fresh and buy a new one. You will love it when you get it done!
Old 03-09-2007
Registered!!

ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
I WOULD CALL HONDA OF CANADA AND COMPLAIN . MAYBE SOME ONE FROM HONDA CLIENT SERVICES MIGHT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU. OR NEXT ASK FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER OF THE DEALERSHIP AND SPEAK WITH HIM. IF NOTHING ASK TO MAKE ARRANGMENTS TO SPEAK WITH THE DISTRICT SERVICE REP IN THE AREA. YOU NEED TO SPEAK UP AND SOON .TO TRY TO RECTIFY THIS SITUATION OR POSSABLY GET A ANOTHER VEHICLE .
SOME OF THESE NUMBERS MAY BE IN YOUR OWNERS MANUAL . THE HONDA CLIENT SERVICES # MAY BE IN THE OWNERS MANUAL. GOOD LUCK ,AND DON'T STOP TILL YOU ET HIGH ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN. MAKE YOUR SELF HEARD. IT WAS YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY . YOU DESERVE TO HAVE A PROBLEM FEE VEHICLE. THATS WHAT HONDA IS ALL ABOUT . HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU.
Old 03-11-2007
Registered!!

silver06civ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up srs light on

Hey, i just started on this site but ive been here before, i know what problem your having with your srs light. I work at my local honda dealer, have been for 6 years, the problem with the srs light is usaully just a sensor in the passenger side seat, if that was the case then all we do is take the seat back off and put a peice of foam over the sensor so its not so sensative to things being on the seat. I have heard in some cases that it might be the srs control modual, but the way that they treated you, thats stupid, u just bought a 25000 car, they should treat u with respect not like your some kid that dont know anything. As for the starters, i install those in our cars, and thats got nothing to do with your srs light being on. There is a recall on right now with the 2006 and up civics for the srs light being on and also for the LAF sensor.
Old 03-12-2007
Registered!!

spmonty24 is an unknown quantity at this point
i had few issues that needed attention as well. My original dealership was horrible so I ended up taking it to a new one, try that. Your warranty should be accepted by any licensed Honda dealer.

If that doesn't work, contact Honda Canada Customer Service at
(888) 946-6329. Quickest way to get results, a district manager should contact you soon after placing a call.

Lastly, there may be some lemon law attorneys in your local area that you could contact. Check the phone book / internet.

Good luck, don't give up. Trust me I know how frustrating it can be.
Old 03-12-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice
Now You know what that LINE on the sticker of all new cars means ...

MADE IN 20%JAPAN( tranny and engine only) 40%USA(cheap material) and 40%MEXICO(cheap labor)
Old 03-12-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Honestly.. civic rock. but yours doesnt.

The bug deflector.. I'm not completely sure how these work.. i'm sure its either some bolts or screws that need to be tightened, or maybe some adhesive material- and in that case, its a bad design. Your radio code was an easy fix. The sensor, apparently there was a recall as was mentioned. All in all, it doesnt sound like that bad of a deal. The harness had to be replaced, yeah- at least the ride has brand new wiring.

There are always going to be problems with the first car after a major change up (eg changing generations). Example- I have a 2001, and I notice that the fitment of panels and such isnt as great as the other years. My headlight harness also had a recall on it- honda changes anything that has recalls for free, which is nice- even if your outta warranty, like me.

But to be honest... your honda dealership really sounds like it sucks. I wouldnt wanna deal with these guys any more. If you really want- return your civic and get a new one, if possible. You might have the same problems with the new one though. But def change dealerships. Complain to the area rep about them.
Old 03-13-2007
Registered!!

ottawahondasux is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you to every one who has offered advice! I appreciate it greatly! I contacted the dealership manager and requested a new vehicle. He was very understanding, but I still think nothing will be done. I have since found random parts were left on the back seat, the drivers side panel was left open (i can see the mechanisisms of the seat belt) and the drivers side power locks dont work-when you try to lock or unlock the doors the radio goes black? Anyhow, I am waiting to see what this guy is going to do for me. I will keep you up to date! Thanks again- Just rememember never buy a car at Ottawa Honda!
Old 03-14-2007
Registered!!

spmonty24 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, if all that is going wrong contact an attorney.
Old 03-14-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well i learned long ago that dealers are suck. they do not care about the car that comes in, they work on it like they dont care at all, most barely know how to work on cars. i was shocked how much more i knew than some of the mechanics and i didnt even get training. try another dealer maybe? i know with warranty work you have to use the dealer which is bad, so not much you can do. a car can be declared a lemon i believe if you came in more than 3 times for the SAME problem. so if you had to come in 3x for the srs and it still didnt get fixed, then take it back and throw it back at them/
Old 03-14-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Try writing a threatening letter with legal action pending if your demands are not met.

Mail it to them certified mail and make a copy for your records in case this has to go to court.

What bullshit!
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
dude DEALER = STEALER i mean 4 bucks for a tiny lightbulb that lights up the cruse button! COME ON! but thats a nother story

wow man. i feel for ya. i realy do. as a honda lover i am ( yea i sleep with a honda pellow ) this saddens me.

to anser your questons. the car is a lemon. no hondas are not like this. quite the oposite. and y should take leagl acton. think of all the time u lost. the unproducttivity of having to wait + the drive to and from.

defently return it.

oh and YES TOY-OTAS SUCK!
Old 03-15-2007
Registered!!

Husky is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DieMaster
oh and YES TOY-OTAS SUCK!
True dat!
Old 03-15-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get a lawyer, or find out where the service manager lives, and get a bat instead. they're cheaper than lawyers.
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

BostonCivicGuyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like you are in a pickle up there in crazy Canada! I would flip out and demand a new vehicle! Here in the peoples republic of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the good ole US of A, thats what we call one hell of a lemon and as long as the problems are documented, would be just in getting a replacement vehicle! Wow...I am mad just reading your post! I would make complaints at every level! My civic has been great w/o any issues and most people I know with these cars report the same, so I think you should receive a new vehicle ASAP! Thanks
Old 03-18-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
update?
Old 05-31-2007
Registered!!

dmcbride is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HELP! What would you do? Would you tollerate this?

I live in Ottawa and have just bought an '07 Si. The first word I saw that scared me was Dilwari. I wouldn't but a dog cart from them. Try taking your ride to another dealer for the warranty repairs...Dow, Civic...but not Bank Street Honda. It is also Dilwari.
Old 06-01-2007
Registered!!

jjtricket is an unknown quantity at this point

Its simple, do not buy a Honda from Ottawa Honda by Dilwari on Richmond Rd, in Ottawa On until they take care of this customer. The original poster should make sure this dealership gets a copy of this thread. This dealer should be ashamed of themselves.

Make it right Ottawa Honda!
Old 07-15-2007
Registered!!

eviee1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Submitt an application to the Candadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan, www.camvap.ca, for Honda Canada Inc. to buy back the car
Old 05-03-2008
Registered!!

User 061820 is an unknown quantity at this point

bump and wat was the update?
Old 05-04-2008
Registered!!

Wpattie is an unknown quantity at this point

So it just so happens that I am canadian to, and lived in ontario at one point and ran into this problem with mazda. I stembled upon this site when was having this same issue with a dealer ship. http://www.gov.on.ca/MGS/en/ConsProt/STEL02_045947.html i say take good look at it. maybe print some of the laws out and show the dealer ship, cuz once the dealer ship i was dealing with realized that i knew for a fact laws were protecting me, they repayed every last cent that I paid for the car!! And if that doesnt work, research laws on a fedral level. but either way dont stop till you get what you want. After all you are the consumer and ultimately the one in control... they just dont want you to realize that!!!!
Old 05-12-2008
Registered!!

07exNavi is an unknown quantity at this point

This is why I do allmost everything myself I dont like to let dealerships touch my car.

That being said, this dealer really screwed you over. You should try to lemon law that car.