8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Factory Paint Job

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
racer954 is an unknown quantity at this point
Factory Paint Job

I have a new 07 Si that is black pearl. While washing my car tonight under halogen lights i have spotted 4 runs, 1 in each corner of the bumpers where the points meet the fenders front and rear. The runs appear to be horizontal as if the bumpers were hung to be painted with the wheel wells down. I have never owned a new vehicle that i found paint runs which leads me to believe this "new" car has already had paint work. Please let me know what you find on your new cars so that i can deal with the dealership and Honda appropriately over this. Thanks
Old 05-17-2007
Registered!!

GroceryGetter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Factory Paint Job

My black 2007 Civic EX paint was in fine condition when I bought it.

I doubt a certified Honda dealership would sell you a new car that had already had body work done.

Remember, we are talking about very basic cars here. I would bug your dealership until you start getting offers.
Old 10-11-2007
Registered!!

scuderias is an unknown quantity at this point

I know I am about about 7 months late responding to this message but I just joined the forum. As far as paint job goes don't trust the dealers. Exactly a year ago I was buying two 07 EX's one black for me and a red for my wife. The black one arrived first. When I went to pick it up it had a small dent on the hood... they told me it is okay, it must have happened during transportation and they will just order a brand new hood from honda... in the excitement i believed them... the red one was back ordered, and until it arrived they were selling me stories about the black hood. The day the red one arrived and we went to pick it up, I got an envelope for a repair order at a local shop because supposedly honda wouldn't replaced it. thankfully i kept a record of all the receipts and "i owe you" and after giving them an ultimatum of either i'm getting a brand new factory painted hood or i am reporting them to the consumer protection agency, all of a sudden they could replace my hood... and guess what, they've put on my car the hood of a brand new Si they just got in... and I'm sure the Si went to the local repair shop had the dent fixed and sold as a brand new one... and these are the dealers...

Last edited by scuderias; 10-11-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

00MaxSE is an unknown quantity at this point

^
Wow, that's pretty shady of them.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

There's actually a law stating that up to X% of total value of the car in damage can lawfully be fixed without disclosing the information to the person purchasing the car. It sucks when it happens but this is probably what happened to you.. The car was probably backed into by another employee at the dealership or something and the bumper was replaced and repainted by yet another shitty dealership owned body shop.

You can't trust dealerships at all, the only way you are protected is if you protect yourself and inspect every single inch of the car before driving it off of the lot.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

cody123 can only hope to improve

I have also heard about this where dealers damage the vehicles and up to a certain amount can legally deny the car has ever been damaged as long as the car is fixed by the dealership . i checked my car 2 or three separate times before driving it off ther lot NTM they dropped the price 2k just for not jumping.
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

well im glad i read this i custom ordered my car but i kno ill b checkin it very well b4 i drive it off the lot when i go to pick it up
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

solar is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys would be amazed (or maybe not) by the condition of new cars when they arrive off the truck. After being tied down on train and truck carriers, shipped to a centeral location, unloaded and reloaded a few moree times, parked within inches of each other you're going to get some damage. There's always dings, paint chips, scratches, bugs, grease and other wierd stuff on the cars. Not all cars are damaged, but quite a few have minor damage, and a couple will get major damage. Why do you think all dealerships have a detail area for new cars?

Last edited by solar; 10-19-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

11sec70dodge is an unknown quantity at this point

i worked at a chevy dealer body shop at one time, this is a regular thing, never believe a salesman
Old 10-21-2007
Registered!!

marioz is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bro i work at a benz dealership and we do repairs on new cars all day long. just go back to the dealership and point it out you should get it fixed with no problem because they should have a warrantee for paint.