Rear Control arms, rear tire wear early models the early models had an issue with the rear control arms (upper) and have a tendency of rapid rear tire wear

06 Civic alignment problems.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmlsr98 is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic alignment problems.

I had my 06 Civic Ex in for an alignment and was told by the tech that he could not adjust the rear wheel camber specs because honda made no provision for adjustment to the rear setting other than a toe adjustmet.
Has anyone else had this problem? My rear camber specs are -1.8 and -2.0
degrees. The car feels very unstable and requires constant small steering corrections when on the freeway. All the other cars i have owned have never had this problem . Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-09-2009
Registered!!

edmcohen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 Civic alignment problems.

I have had this problem on my `06 LX coupe as well as the `01 LX sedan that preceded it. In my `06, I had Eibach rear camber kits installed at 80,000 mi. These have made alignment to spec no problem. Less expensive products to achieve the same end have since become available. I much prefer Honda's independent rear suspension to the torsion beams found in comparable Toyotas, Nissans, etc. But the necessary modification does put one to an episode of extra expense and trouble when the car ages.
Old 09-09-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you need the updated honda control arms or an aftermarket camber kit. 06-09 civics all have defective rear control arms.
Old 09-11-2009
Registered!!

TB2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
you need the updated honda control arms or an aftermarket camber kit. 06-09 civics all have defective rear control arms.
I thought this was corrected with upper control arm "C" ?
Old 09-11-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

thats what i meant by "updated honda control arms" which do not come stock on the car. dealer has to replace them for you with the C model.
Old 09-11-2009
Registered!!

texasvortex has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Arrow Re: 06 Civic alignment problems.

I just purchased an 06 Civic EX coupe with 40,000 miles today and quickly noticed I have alot of negative camber in the rear, maybe as much as 5 or 6%on the right rear. The car is stock and I intend to keep it stock (for now) so who makes an inexpensive fix or bolt kit without having to replace the rear control arms?

I know all this camber will quickly ruin my new tires.

This is my third Civic in a row

tia

Jay
Old 09-11-2009
Premium Member

just get a quality camber kit from SPC or ingalls for around $150-180. it will make them fully adjustable so you can get a proper alignment.