8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

A Couple of General '06 Si Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aaron_c is an unknown quantity at this point
A Couple of General '06 Si Questions

Hey guys, I've been reading on this website for a while just acquring general knowledge in my spare time, but now I have an actual reason to post. My parents told me that if I can get $10,000 saved up (in the fall probably), they'll buy me a new car/truck for college because of my scholarships and what not. Anyway, here are the questions I had:

1) How much interior room does the Si have? I'm 6'2", about 155lbs, do you think I'll have a problem fitting in the car?
2) How hard is it to put the new Si into the mid-14's?

I'm not even going to ask about reliability or quality, because it's a Honda. Anyway, thanks in advance for the replies everybody.
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

blue00si is an unknown quantity at this point
i cant speak from experience but i dont think you'll have any problems with fitting in it but as far as the perf. aspect you will have NO PROBLEMS getting into the 14's cuz stock it cna do the 1/4 mile in 15.1 according to Edmonds and here is a link to support that:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

id say with some really good tires alone and great launcing and shifting this is possible...i recommend the BFGoodrich g-force KDW's these are a EXTREMELY good tire and plenty sticky here is the site if you wanna check them out:
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfg/productIdSubmit.do

if nothing else throw on some slicks and i guarantee if your a decent driver 14's WONT be a problem...and for a drag radial i always recommend mickey thompson here is that link:
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/s...agSportCompact

but even with minor bolt ons such as header, CAI, cat back exhaust id say 14's all day long
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
If you ask me and want a SI, go for the 4 door sedan SI!

I am 6'0, 162lbs and have no problem whatsoever fitting in my LX sedan!
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

Thanks for all the replies, guys. So with a header, cat-back, and CAI, I can run 14's pretty easy? I know the RSX guys have K-Pro, can you get this for the Si's yet? I've heard of RSX-S's breaking into the high 13's (13.98 or 13.99) with I/H/E and K-Pro, it seems somewhat reasonable I suppose, but I have no way of confirming it. I've also heard that the Si's 6-speed has the best clutch and shifter of just about any car, period. Do you guys feel like this is true?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2006
Registered!!

Oh, one other thing, I've also heard that these Honda 4-cylinder cars are hard to launch properly due to the lack of low-end torque, but the person who told me that owns a WS6 and hates 4 cylinder cars...so I was just curious, is this true?
Old 12-07-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by aaron_c
Thanks for all the replies, guys. So with a header, cat-back, and CAI, I can run 14's pretty easy? I know the RSX guys have K-Pro, can you get this for the Si's yet? I've heard of RSX-S's breaking into the high 13's (13.98 or 13.99) with I/H/E and K-Pro, it seems somewhat reasonable I suppose, but I have no way of confirming it. I've also heard that the Si's 6-speed has the best clutch and shifter of just about any car, period. Do you guys feel like this is true?

Thanks
yay with I/H/E you should be able to run 14's all day long....now as far as the rsx-s's running 13's with those mods and kpro.....hum high 13's......yay id say that sounds reasonable...once again as far as personal experience but you can NEVER go wrong with a good 6 spd and honda's almost always have great clutches...hope this helps
Old 12-07-2006
Registered!!

Yep, that definitely helps man. So when something like Kpro comes out for the Civic, do you think I/H/E could get it into the really low 14's? I'm just curious, this won't have an impact on whether I buy the car or not.

Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate it.
Old 12-07-2006
Registered!!

most definately if not high 13's especially with better tires and stiffer springs and diff. struts
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
definately dont over look suspension and tires when it comes to the track... all the power in the world isn't any good if you can't hook.... and dont be discouraged if you run 15's even low 16's when you first get your car because it's about driving style too.....
Old 12-09-2006
Registered!!

Well, I've never owned a vehicle that wasn't a manual transmission, and rarely driven automatics, so I'm afraid I would be disappointed if I run a high 15 or worse, lol. That's ok though, it'll just make me work more on it until i get the times down. Don't these cars (or any cars, for that matter) tend to get faster as they get broken in?
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by aaron_c
Well, I've never owned a vehicle that wasn't a manual transmission, and rarely driven automatics, so I'm afraid I would be disappointed if I run a high 15 or worse, lol. That's ok though, it'll just make me work more on it until i get the times down. Don't these cars (or any cars, for that matter) tend to get faster as they get broken in?
definately
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

and street racing and launcing off a drag strip "tree" is two TOTALLY diff. things it will take practice if youve never launced using a light tree
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

So how does the civic do with things like warm-up time? My truck takes about 15 minutes for the heat to even start blowing, but my girlfriends '06 S40 has warm air almost instantly. How is the Civic with things like this, and air conditioning/heat at idle? (my truck won't do either one at idle, it will just blow air that is about the same temp. as the air outside..)
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

most smaller disp. motors have a harder time keeping the air REAL cold while idling i have yet to b in a 4 banger that keeps the air just as cold at idle as it does while driving as far as heating that will work just as good idling as driving but of course what be warm till the car warms up....as far as how long it takes the car to warm up that will depend on how long since you last started it up obviously if you just drove it a couple hours ago and its 90 degrees than it wont take no time but if its 30 degrees and been sitting all night it will take a could 15 mins to get to opertaing temp.....honestly if this makes or breaks the purchase of the si look else where cuz these are petty issues...but thats my opinion
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

Nah, it won't make or break the purchase, I was just curious about it. It will ultimately be up to my dad what I get, because he'll make the payments after I make the down payment. I want the Si, he wants me to get one of the new 4x4 Tacomas. Two VERY different vehicles, each has its own pros and cons. I guess if I end up with the Si, you'll probably know it because there will be new pics up in the members rides section lol.
Old 12-16-2006
Registered!!

id use the fact the si will get MUCH better mpg than the tacoma plus hondas have excellent resale value and great reliability
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, my argument will be gas mileage and the fact that it won't wonder all over the road like most 4x4's tend to do. Also, a fully-loaded Si with Nav. won't cost as much as a v6 4x4 Tacoma. Of course, he thinks 'sports car', and relates that to satan or something, so I dunno, we'll see how it goes lol. I also think the FJ Cruiser's are really cool, I'd probably rather have one of those than a Tacoma. Either way, I suppose I can't complain, because I'll be coming out with a pretty nice vehicle.
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

get the si sedan.....that should diffuse that "sports car" idea...plus perf. wise there identical so you get the both of both worlds...perf. and 4 doors and you cant beat that...personally if i could have a identical car with 4drs id take it over a 2dr in most any case
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

The Si sedan and coupe are identical in performance? I'm mostly worried about acceleration, the nearest auto-x track is like 2.5 hours or so (at least), so I may never make it to an actual event...but if I pull up next to someone at a red light (and I have minor bolt-ons, I/H/E and maybe reflash) and they want to race or something, I want to at least be able to hold my own against them. It doesn't have to be a rocket, but to carry the 'sporty' image, it needs to be pretty quick.

Thanks for all the replies blue00si
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

yep...the sedan only weighs like 68lbs more...thats less than what a sub and enclosure would weigh so no problems there...plus its that much more satisfying for you and humliating for them when they loose to a 4dr "grocerey getter"
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

Will my insurance rates be cheaper with the sedan? I tried to check on it with the Edmunds true cost to own thing, but they don't have the sedan on their site yet.
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

Oh yeah, two other quick questions...

1) My current vehicle (dodge dakota) is black, and I swear, sometimes I think the freaking air scratches it. Is Honda's black paint extremely prone to scratching like this, or is my black Dakota just a product of wonderful Dodge quality? lol

2) I have a picture of a Civic Si here from Comptechusa.com, can you tell just by looking what size wheels these are and/or how much it is lowered?

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/med...i-1024x768.jpg

Thanks again
Old 12-18-2006
Registered!!

yes most any car if its offered in both coupe and sedan............the sedan most times will always be cheaper insurance

also no matter how good the paint is black is next to impossible to keep clean...DONT get black....personally i say you cant go wrong with white

i believe they come with 16's and the HFP(honda factory performance) wheels are 17's