8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

first NY speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phantom-civic is an unknown quantity at this point
first NY speeding ticket

so guys i got my first speeding ticket today, which sucks. I was driving around this nice area w/ my bro looking at these huge houses and we come a curve were a huge truck is stuck so i turn around and go back, accelerating quickly to 'make up' for lost time. Now i'm in my mothers 2005 mustang gt, first off i love the way this thing sounds in the higher rpms, so i push her and she's an auto so i can't control how fast she is when in the high rmps like a stick. Also in this car something about the way the widshield is and the speedometer u really can't tell u going that fast...plus the v8 is quick. as i'm coming over this small hill a cop is coming head on (unaware to me they're radar is on when they're driving) i slow down but not in time he busts me. The ticket is going 53 in a 30 zone. I don't know if anyone has had any experience with this but i don't care if i have to pay a fine, i'm afraid of points b/c i need to drive back and forth to hosfstra everyday!! I was busted by Sands Point police (******* rent-a-cop) and have to appear or mail in the ticket (doesn't say how much) my dad's an atty and he's going to talk to another defense atty buddy of his. I just wanted to get some insight into the situation as i don't need this **** with my mother on her death bed.

so any heads up i can get on the price tag of the fine and or point or how to avoid them i would really appreciate it. Thanks guys
Old 11-19-2006
Registered!!

dk miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like a legitimate bust. You'll have points and a fine. If you want to feel the rush and hear the roar go to the track. Residential streets are not the place for that kind of irresponsible driving.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

BostonCivicGuyMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey man just an FYI, cops can drive civics too and they might even be on this website lol! My advice as a fellow honda civicer would be to appeal the ticket and you can do this by following the instructions on the ticket and/or call the police department and inquire concerning the appeals process! Also my knowledge as a fellow honda civicer would be that yes, in fact, the radar systems can detect approaching vehicles from both directions while the cruiser is in motion. Oh yeah, the lawyer is just gonna confuse you (they always make things worse with all due respect to your dad) so take my advice, trust me! Just my advice as a fellow honda civicer! Good luck!
Old 11-21-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
You best option is to see the DA when you go to court and they normally, if you are polite and have a decent driving record, knock it down to something that does not have points but will still have a fine.

Dress decently and shake hands with the DA and be polite and courteous. It has always worked for me and I have gotten out of just recently a 79 in a 45 (dont ask) and was knocked down to an equipment violation.