8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2007 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermal is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Honda Civic

Hey all:

I've been reading your threads here and doing some research on the Civic. These are some of the things I have ran across:

1. Seems Civic's built in Canada have more problems:

http://www.mycarstats.com/safetystation.asp

2. More problems here: You have to register to "open" details

3. Does anyone not like the head rests?

4. Do you all think that since the 2006 model is new that it has been out long enough to sort out the problems?

5. I would like the Civic sedan for gas mileage and since the Civic SI is available in sedan would it be a good idea to get the SI suspension components or use an after market suspension kit.

Thanks all!
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Terry Wright is an unknown quantity at this point
response

I am reading Canadian Civics have a bit more problems, yes.

Your link takes me to a 1999 Buick Regal - Oh well.

The '06 Civic is a new design and problems will go on for quite awhile - probably 18 months. This is not unusual. Ours has a front end rattle which is constant. It is under investiation. See my thread on this.

Take care in modifying suspension. It is designed by engineers with years in practice. You might get something really nice or a nightmare. Do it but be informed

Terry

Originally Posted by thermal
Hey all:

I've been reading your threads here and doing some research on the Civic. These are some of the things I have ran across:

1. Seems Civic's built in Canada have more problems:

http://mycivicsucks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

2. More problems here:

3. Does anyone not like the head rests?

4. Do you all think that since the 2006 model is new that it has been out long enough to sort out the problems?

5. I would like the Civic sedan for gas mileage and since the Civic SI is available in sedan would it be a good idea to get the SI suspension components or use an after market suspension kit.

Thanks all!
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a canadian built LX and my car is chock full of noises and other oddities but luckly, mechanically, no problems.

All noises and small annoyances.
Old 08-14-2006
Registered!!

marichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Stop!

Don't buy a 2006 Civic. If you really want it, test drive it for 3 days.

Pro's (Why I bought it)
1. Looks terrific
2. Excellent mpg rating
3. Honda's reputation

Con's (why I traded it in after 21 days)
1. Had front strut failures (initial cause of constant rattling fromn the front which showed itself to me on the 2nd day after I bought the car).
2. Made a case at Honda Corp for possible lemon...they asked me to sign a contract for 8 yr/100,000 warranty for my :"suffering and loss of trust" in exchange for waiving my rights to pursue state and federal laws in case it happens again. I let a judge friend of mine read it...and she was not pleased at all.
3. There is so much wind noise and road noise.
4. Uncomfortable ride.
5. Acceleration is baaad.

You can get a 2007 Toyota Camry (that's what I got) for the same price as a 2006 Civic Sedan LX...which will be a bigger car, better acceleration, have a smoother ride, much more comfortable with the same reputation in terms of reliability and resale value.
Old 08-15-2006
Registered!!

civic_dx-g is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by marichi
Don't buy a 2006 Civic. If you really want it, test drive it for 3 days.
3. There is so much wind noise and road noise.
4. Uncomfortable ride.
5. Acceleration is baaad.

You can get a 2007 Toyota Camry (that's what I got) for the same price as a 2006 Civic Sedan LX...which will be a bigger car, better acceleration, have a smoother ride, much more comfortable with the same reputation in terms of reliability and resale value.
it's still a CIVIC, i.e. a compact car. If you want to compare to the Camry then take an Accord as a comparison model
Old 08-17-2006
Registered!!

you are right

I know there is no point of comparison: Camry to ACcord, not to a Civic. I just got it for the same cost as my Civic LX.

I am just saying, make sure you really test drive that car...if you do get the Civic. There's nothing worse than notcing a few days later that something is wrong with the car. I tried to trade in that Honda Civic to a Honda dealer (pretended to want to upgrade to an EX) and they offered me $14,000 for a new car that was less than a month old, has lo-jack, a rear wing spoiler and aerokit, mud guards and pin stripes. Toyota offered me $17,000. What does that say about Honda?
Old 08-18-2006
Registered!!

I know this is off-topic.....but

What model did you get for the same price as your Civic?

Can you give some comparsions of what you like and dislike between the 2 cars?

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2006
Registered!!

I know there is no point of comparison: Camry to ACcord, not to a Civic. I just got it for the same cost as my Civic LX.

I am just saying, make sure you really test drive that car...if you do get the Civic. There's nothing worse than notcing a few days later that something is wrong with the car. I tried to trade in that Honda Civic to a Honda dealer (pretended to want to upgrade to an EX) and they offered me $14,000 for a new car that was less than a month old, has lo-jack, a rear wing spoiler and aerokit, mud guards and pin stripes. Toyota offered me $17,000. What does that say about Honda?
that Toyota has higher markup on the Camry than Honda does on the civic?
Old 08-19-2006
Registered!!

what i liked

Originally Posted by thermal
I know this is off-topic.....but

What model did you get for the same price as your Civic?

Can you give some comparsions of what you like and dislike between the 2 cars?

Thanks!
Hi...I got a 2007 Toyota Camry LX. It was bigger and wider, had better acceleration, handles easily, had more features: powered seats with adjustable lumbar support (Civic had manual and very uncomfortable seats w/ awful headrests), remote key had trunk opener (Civic sedan didn't), back seat had cup holders (Civic didn't), has less road noise (Civic has so much! Wind noise drowns out the music and conversations inside the car).

The main reason I chose the Civic was based on the ratings of Consumer Guide, Motor Trend and Road and Truck as the most fuel-efficient compact sedan of 2006. The general shape of the car especially with a rear wing spolier on looked really cool (I had a spoiler installoed)...it looked so sporty and futuristic at the same time. But I guess having a small engine and a smaller car that is also expensive made the munafacturer cut some corners...if you test drive one, pay close attention to the features it could have had. Pay closer attention to how it accelerates and how comfortable the ride really is. Then test drive the 2007 Cary and you will see a big difference for the same price.
Old 08-19-2006
Registered!!

Hi...I got a 2007 Toyota Camry LX. It was bigger and wider, had better acceleration, handles easily, had more features: powered seats with adjustable lumbar support (Civic had manual and very uncomfortable seats w/ awful headrests), remote key had trunk opener (Civic sedan didn't), back seat had cup holders (Civic didn't), has less road noise (Civic has so much! Wind noise drowns out the music and conversations inside the car).
Which model of civic were you comparing to? How much was the Camry?
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

I don't know what happened to my reply- Did you get it?
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry you had such a sh**y experience with the Civic. I hope you found a winner in your new Camry, good luck with it! They finally made one with aggresive styling. Looks real sharp. Toyota is making some damn fine cars these days. But Im sure there is a good chance that your Civic was just a lemon. No matter who the manufacturer is, there will be a lemon. Just more or less of them depending on the company. There are plenty of 06 civic sedan owners that love their car. I have a coupe and it has been a blast. The wind and road noise is great for a sub 20k car and vastly improved over the 7th gen coupes (I owned a 2001 also). I dont think its fair to compare noise levels unless you are comparing to a corolla. Acceleration is improved from the last generation model civic. Its all around a better car than the last model. But just to put it in perspective...I work with a guy who drives a 2006 db9. It retails for about $175,000. It has been in the shop for repairs at least a dozen times. Broken AC, windows wont go down, clunks in the rear suspension. When I asked him about the car being in the shop he told me that sometimes he wishes he still had his 1994 Honda Accord.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

The main reason I chose the Civic was based on the ratings of Consumer Guide, Motor Trend and Road and Truck as the most fuel-efficient compact sedan of 2006. The general shape of the car especially with a rear wing spolier on looked really cool (I had a spoiler installoed)...it looked so sporty and futuristic at the same time. But I guess having a small engine and a smaller car that is also expensive made the munafacturer cut some corners...if you test drive one, pay close attention to the features it could have had. Pay closer attention to how it accelerates and how comfortable the ride really is. Then test drive the 2007 Cary and you will see a big difference for the same price.

I looked at the Camry and it is only rated 24/33 mpg, not enough for me. I will look into the Corolla which is rated 32/41.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

I replied to you twice with what you wanted, but it was edited. Anyway, let's just say it's just $200 more...and it does save gas. Good luck!
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

thanx, it seems prices are better in the US