8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 Civic Noises

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imported_bigo is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic Noises

I brought a new automatic 2006 Honda Civic LX and it's got about 6800km on it. At about the 5000 mark I started hearing noises from the front passenger side tire when ever I went over a bump. I brought it to the Honda dealership where they replaced my drive shaft. Luckily it was under warranty as it was a $6000 job. The noise was still there so they replaced my struts. After that the noise was still there. I talked to the mechanic who worked on my car & he said that he didn't really know where the noise was coming from and that by replacing those parts he thought it would fix the noise.

I’m now hearing noise from the front left and ride tires and now underneath where the shifter/hand brake is.

The mechanic basically told me that until Honda releases reports on known problems and how to fix them, he really can’t do anything. Really frustrating. Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmm, interesting. It might not be anything mechanical to begin with. Maybe it's something underneath like a loose heat shielf, loose body part like a fender, hook, plastic wheel well shrouds, etc etc.

I would go to a different honda dealership and have them go with you in the car until they hear the nosie, this way they can't see they don't hear anything.

If they don't help, you can always contact a regional manager for your area, who is higher than most dealership managers and let him help you get the car fixed.

I had to do this once with a corolla and the regional manager did not tolerate the local dealerships **** and got my car fix and them some.

Give it a shot!!!
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

bigman32hockey is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have Lemon Laws where you are from? If you do, it sounds like you might be eligible to return the car and get your money back. Usually if you have to go back to the dealer three times for the same issue, and after the third visit they still can't fix the problem, the care a lemon. Check it out. Won't hurt to investigate.
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

With regards to the "LEMON LAW", you have to follow a very specific set of rules in order for a car to be declared a "LEMON".

Be sure and research for your state excatly what needs to be done or it will all be in vein.

I have heard many stories of people thinking their cars were lemons and they were, but because they did not follow the specific steps, they had to keep their cars!!!
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kero
With regards to the "LEMON LAW", you have to follow a very specific set of rules in order for a car to be declared a "LEMON".

Be sure and research for your state excatly what needs to be done or it will all be in vein.

I have heard many stories of people thinking their cars were lemons and they were, but because they did not follow the specific steps, they had to keep their cars!!!
i wanna say that theyre required to give you a little booklet that outlines lemon laws in each state.. they did when i had my mazda... mine was almost a lemon but they finally managed to fix almost everything...
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

2006civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Response To Your 2006 Civic Noises.

Greetings to all,

I just joint this forum today and hope that my answer may help.

I purchased my 2006 Civic LX Sedan Automatic in May 6, 2006
And yes I noticed the noise on the passenger side front tire location
whenever I starting both in forward or reverse but not when the car
is in motion. However, I think the main reasons for the noise are following:

(1) Honda user manual mentioned of ABS self check buzzing sound
when you first accelerate your vehicle. This is normal per Honda manual.

(2) My LX Sedan came standard with cheap metal wheels and cheap
flimsy plastic wheel covers, I can hear the noise just by using my
hand and bang on it gently.

So therefore, I think the noises are all normal for the Civic and if you still
unhappy about the noises, then a new set of alloy wheel may be the solution.

Best Regards,

2006civic.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bigo
I brought a new automatic 2006 Honda Civic LX and it's got about 6800km on it. At about the 5000 mark I started hearing noises from the front passenger side tire when ever I went over a bump. I brought it to the Honda dealership where they replaced my drive shaft. Luckily it was under warranty as it was a $6000 job. The noise was still there so they replaced my struts. After that the noise was still there. I talked to the mechanic who worked on my car & he said that he didn't really know where the noise was coming from and that by replacing those parts he thought it would fix the noise.

I’m now hearing noise from the front left and ride tires and now underneath where the shifter/hand brake is.

The mechanic basically told me that until Honda releases reports on known problems and how to fix them, he really can’t do anything. Really frustrating. Does anyone have the same problem?
Has the mechanic drove the car and heard the noise? Sounds like they are shooting in the dark. I agree with 05blkrs...try another dealership. I had tranny probs with my RX8 for months before they finally figured it out. One of the drawbacks to new cars, it takes hours to find the problem and minutes to fix it. On old cars it was the opposite.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
BIGO,
I found another owner with the same problem. Read here...
http://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_222103/tm.htm

Paul
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Frantic is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely sounds brake related to me. ABS, possibly.

Does anyone know if its possible to disable ABS?
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Frantic
Definitely sounds brake related to me. ABS, possibly.

Does anyone know if its possible to disable ABS?
it is indeed possible and i guarantee i know how exactly and it can be done in about 2-3 minutes.. but i refuse to say how.. that's just stupid why would you want to disable abs? if it really is a "factory" buzz that's there on purpose, just throw a louder exhaust on it if it bothers you that much, then you wont notice it..
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Cool thanks for the posts everyone.

I'll try to answer everyone's questions.
1) Yes the mechanic has heard the problems. He sat with me.
2) My wheels are 16" alloy so I doubt it's cause of the wheels.
3) Lemon Law. Interesting. I'll look into it. I'm in Ontario.
4) I just called Honda Canada. Perhaps higher up than regional managers. They're going to call my dealership to handle the problem. I'll post the outcome.

Thanks again!
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Darth is an unknown quantity at this point
good luck bigo, good to see they are looking into the problem for you and you are considering all possibilities

Keep us posted.
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

I spoke with Honda Canada and they got in contact with the service manager at my dealership. The service manager seemed very professional and eager to help solve my problem. I guess that's the kind of service you get when you deal with higher uppers. So I left my car with them Monday and he told me that he would get down to the bottom of it and made sure that the problem was fixed.

Unitl then, I'm driving a 2005 Hybrid Civic from the dealer. Not bad : )
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

phantom-civic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i was wondering if you ever got the bottom of the issue, b/c my '06 civic has been making some stange noises too, i took it back to the dealership and they said nothing was wrong with it (had em focus on struts)
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

Bigo,

My car just started making this clunking noise on the right hand side when I hit bumps.

Sounds like same problem you were having, what was the outcome as my car is giong into the shop tomorrow for A/C problem, clunking noise, and most worrisome is an oily residue building up on the right rear top of the engine valve cover area.
Old 06-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kero
Bigo,

My car just started making this clunking noise on the right hand side when I hit bumps.

Sounds like same problem you were having, what was the outcome as my car is giong into the shop tomorrow for A/C problem, clunking noise, and most worrisome is an oily residue building up on the right rear top of the engine valve cover area.
i'd say the clunking should be your biggest worry... that sounds like some sort of suspension problem.. a valve cover leak is hardly something to worry about... esp since it will be fixed for free
Old 06-21-2006
Registered!!

Hi everyone,

It's hard to hear that other people are getting the same problem. Such a pain. Well I brought it my car for a week and the Service Manager spoke with Honda Canada and it's a known problem. The service manager told me that Honda Canada is working on the problem and until they issue a report of how to fix it, they can't do anything.

It's annoying. I really want to trade in the vehicle. That's my next step. To see if the dealer can buy back my car.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

it's unfortunate that it's come to that, but sometimes, that's what you have to do... my friend had a first year release mazda 3.. and he traded it in after only a few months on a spec V because he was having too many problems.. this is why i will never again buy a vehicle that has undergone a major change until at least the second year of that style.. too many problems.. unless of course its a subaru.. they're the only car i have found that dont' ever have problems lik that...
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

rayraysorlo is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling Noises from Speakers

I bought the '06 Civic EX coupe for about 6 months now, and the only problem I seem to be having is my rear speakers rattle once in a while. This is when my music wasn't even that loud. Is it because there's something loose, or is that how ALL '06 Civics with the 350-watt 7-speaker system including a subwoofer suppose to be?
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

roadrailer is an unknown quantity at this point
I found this forum looking for a solution to the clunking problem. I hope Honda Canada can come up with a fix. Keep us updated, bigo.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

When I brought my car in for the same problem, they could not find the problem. They said maybe a strut or strut tower but as long as my car drives fine for now, I will live with the noise unless something mechanical fails or goes wrong.

ROAD: welcome to the forum!
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

jhwee is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm I bought this 06 Civic EX Sedan w/ Navi like two weeks ago and have some clicking while braking hard--noticed yesterday. I've never owned a Civic before, dunno if that matters. I drive a 97 Accord LX (dunno if it has abs) but I have bongos in the rear.. Dunno if it's the ABS becuase I've never owned/driven a car with ABS.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

yea i took it back to the dealer 3 times and after they couldn't figure it out they called honda and they said get a new suspension so they just ordered and entire new rear suspension and are going to replace it sometime this week, hopefully this will solve the problem.
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by phantom-civic
yea i took it back to the dealer 3 times and after they couldn't figure it out they called honda and they said get a new suspension so they just ordered and entire new rear suspension and are going to replace it sometime this week, hopefully this will solve the problem.
Hmm let us know how that goes. I'm going to the dealer on Thursday to re-do my detail, becuase it wasn't as neat as I thought during delivery.
Old 06-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jhwee
Hmm let us know how that goes. I'm going to the dealer on Thursday to re-do my detail, becuase it wasn't as neat as I thought during delivery.
Some dealers do a **** poor job on the delivery detail and sometimes if you pick it up in the evening you can't see what a bad job they do.
Old 06-29-2006
WLH
Registered!!

WLH is an unknown quantity at this point
Add me to the list of people experiencing the odd clunking from the front passanger side suspension. I also noticed that the front passanger tire was going into ABS lock up faster then what I would expect...especially if you happen to hit a bump. This even happened at parking lot speeds. I took it in and they looked at it. And you may have guessed it...they said it was all fine. I drive a 4dr LX 5spd with 16" factory alloys. I recently changed the tires to 17"rims and 225/45/17 tires and this has stopped. The clunking seems to be there now and then but no where ner as much. I am considering upgrading the facorty suspension anyways but would like to see what Honda says first. They do offer a factory suspension upgrade that I am considering.
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

Well at least we know none of us are imagining it. Mine is still there and I hear it on and off but everything else is fine for now.
Old 06-29-2006
Registered!!

sorry guys but its gonna be another coupe of weeks before i can get the new suspension on it....that last rain we had up here in NY a tree branch came down and came right through my rear window and dented the roof, trunk,and rear interior so the car is in the shop for about a week.....i'm really starting to think i'm cursed
Old 07-01-2006
WLH
Registered!!

WLH is an unknown quantity at this point
Was just thinking of the various reasons why my tire package upgrade may have solved the clunking problem. When I took off the factory 16"alloy wheels and tires and switched to my 17" rims/tires I noticed a big difference in weight (17" set up being much lighter). Could the problem be related to Honda underestimating the weight of the tire and it's effect on the dampeners? I changed nothing but the rims/tires and it seemed to solve the problem. I don;t see it being the springs...but if the shocks are not up to the task, that could result in a clunking. It would also explain why the dealerships are not finding anything when they take a look. It's just a theory.
Old 07-01-2006
Registered!!

Okay I have a new rattle noise: sunroof.

This is similar to that of the 04 Corolla S that my girlfriend previously owned.

I went to the dealer on Thursday to redo my detail and they quoted me 3+ hours for a rattling concern... Honestly it seemed like that service consultant didn't want to deal with me. I should've asked for the one I usually bring my Accord to..

This happens only at very low speeds. Can anyone advise? I hear the rattling above the maplights, but I'm not too sure.

EDIT/UPDATE - July 5, 2006 @ 19:29 PST:

I went to the dealer earlier this afternoon, and they found out that it was LoJack that was causing the rattle. They insulated it with some tape and the noise was gone. They couldn't duplicate my brake click though.

Quick Reply: 2006 Civic Noises