8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

What would you change about it?

Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shishpanik is an unknown quantity at this point
What would you change about it?

I saw a thread like this on clubrsx.com where people were saying what they want changed in their RSX's. I thought we should do the same for our civics. I have an 06 civic, and I love it alot, but there are a few things i'd want to see on it.

Leather upholstery as an option
Rear center fold-down armrest (in the coupe)
Tiny bit more hp/torque (maybe use the base rsx engine for the Ex models)
Wing spoiler instead of a deck lid spoiler standard.
Carbon fiber trim available (like in the accords)
LED lights (also like the new accords)
Better interior plastic (one that doesn't scratch easily)

What do you guys think?
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^^ agreed please add :

*lighted visor mirrors
*factory aluminum pedals accesory
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

I really wished the r18 engine was a DOHC. Most companies put even in their most "economy"-like cars as DOHC. For example Chevy Cobalt, Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla. I would also like to see HIDs, maybe as an option. I guess the SOHC works good for honda though, i've seen how amazing people have built D series SOHC. What else do you guys have that you'd like to have seen with the civic?
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Problem is they are all ready getting too pricy when you start adding all the options. If they want to sell optional leather, HIDs, and other creature features, then cool. But, they are right to not be standard. Consider this...I paid 23k for my 06 civic. I paid 27k for my 04 RX8. Civics are at the tip of the scale for its class and cant add anything else to it or they will price themselves out of the market. The 7th gen civics were priced way to high for their sector when you look at what came standard. In my opinion, the Mazda 3 gave you way more bang for your buck in 2005. This year its a much closer call. Read any road test of both cars and you will find that the Mazda is rated much higher in every test that involves movement. However, Honda caught them this year in build quaility, styling, comfort, ect. They did a bang up job for 2006. Their will always be a few things that some people will complain about and others will like.
Old 05-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by pico
Problem is they are all ready getting too pricy when you start adding all the options. If they want to sell optional leather, HIDs, and other creature features, then cool. But, they are right to not be standard. Consider this...I paid 23k for my 06 civic. I paid 27k for my 04 RX8. Civics are at the tip of the scale for its class and cant add anything else to it or they will price themselves out of the market. The 7th gen civics were priced way to high for their sector when you look at what came standard. In my opinion, the Mazda 3 gave you way more bang for your buck in 2005. This year its a much closer call. Read any road test of both cars and you will find that the Mazda is rated much higher in every test that involves movement. However, Honda caught them this year in build quaility, styling, comfort, ect. They did a bang up job for 2006. Their will always be a few things that some people will complain about and others will like.
Yeah that's true, I mean i totally agree with you, but just some of the changes that i've mentioned up their seemed kind of easy to do and wouldn't really pass on any extra cost to the consumer. The thing about the leather option would be that it won't raise the price of the regular civic, but if people want accord luxury with civic styling/fuel economy they can get it no problem. Ohhh I also thought how cool it would be to have an option for DOOR sills. Those are so hot.
Old 05-25-2006
Registered!!

kero is an unknown quantity at this point
I would add higher ding gaurds or door moldings, add a little more juice to the non si engine, change the horn so it does not sound so cheesy, and improve the fit and finish of the dash as mine has some odd gaps and such but no noises.

I am very satisfied with my car overall and really have nothing to complain about other than after getting the alignment correct (supposedly the dealer fixed it) my car still pulls to the right on a flat level road, coasting, and hands off the wheel.
Old 05-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shishpanik
Yeah that's true, I mean i totally agree with you, but just some of the changes that i've mentioned up their seemed kind of easy to do and wouldn't really pass on any extra cost to the consumer. The thing about the leather option would be that it won't raise the price of the regular civic, but if people want accord luxury with civic styling/fuel economy they can get it no problem. Ohhh I also thought how cool it would be to have an option for DOOR sills. Those are so hot.

Chromed door sills do really set it off. The door sills in Acuras are really nice.
Old 05-26-2006
Registered!!

I wish there was a pause button for the stereo haha!
Old 05-26-2006
Registered!!

If we are going to be ridiculous, then please add sport shift to my automatic tranny with F1 style paddles on the steering wheel.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

Yeah its funny that the lower end "Fit" would have those but they'd be unavailable for a civic.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

Damn I hope not. I cant believe they brought the Fit here, but wont bring out a new prelude...bastards.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

I think the fits actually pretty nice. I like it more than the toyota matrix, scion xA, and DEFINATELY more than a Suzuki Aerio. I hear mugen built a fit with a k20, and spoon sports supercharged the L15 in theirs. I've been inside a fit and it actually looks and feels really nice inside.
Old 05-27-2006
Registered!!

fivespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
agreed i would also add warp speed...
seriously i live in southern california and some days you get back to your car and it's been over a hundred degrees all day. leather can be tough. But fabric upholstery at least doesn't give you a burn!!!