8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Ipod link is sweet

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Ipod link is sweet

Lovin my new Ipod link. I think it is pretty easy to use also. I am a bit of a techy so it may prove more difficult for some. It takes about an hour to load the software and update the ipod. From then, a bit of repition to learn how to manipulate the Ipod through the stereo then its smooth sailing. You never have a dead battery, the sound is crystal clear, and no looking down to adjust the songs. I like it alot.
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

KernelG is an unknown quantity at this point
Question

Hey Pico,

(I'm a newb here, about to join the ranks!)

Can the iPod be used without the synth voice installs? I'm a techy as well, but am a little weary of loading all that stuff into my iPod.

After reading a couple of bad reviews, I was about to pass on the iPod link, but it would be great to hear otherwise.
Old 05-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by KernelG
Hey Pico,

(I'm a newb here, about to join the ranks!)

Can the iPod be used without the synth voice installs? I'm a techy as well, but am a little weary of loading all that stuff into my iPod.

After reading a couple of bad reviews, I was about to pass on the iPod link, but it would be great to hear otherwise.
Yes! It may prove a bit difficult if you have a 30 or 60 gig model. Simply because you would have to recognize the first song of each playlist,artist, ect. It would work really well if you just like to run it at random. The text didnt take up that much space but I have a 30 gig and have a lot of space left over. I can imagine it would be more of an issue with a mini or nano ipod. Also you must have a fourth gen ipod or newer.

I used an Itrip for years and it drained my battery so fast or was always coming through staticy. This solves both.
Old 05-29-2006
Registered!!

imported_Tricky is an unknown quantity at this point
How does this work? I dont know anything about it.
Do the song titles come up on your CD deck?
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

No its Honda's own progam called TTS (text to speech). It will not digitally display your ipod contents. Instead it reads off all the info to you.
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

Frantic is an unknown quantity at this point
so it talks to you? haha
god you could have fun with that.. does it say ALL words?
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

Yes...even the bad ones...not that Ive checked
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

bhatton867 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Pico,
I have a '06 sedan ex with navi. and Im not really impressed. The navi works good but I had higher expectations form it. It doesnt have RDS, it doesnt display any song title or artist (even while playing a CD) and for a claimed 160 watts, is kinda lame. It would be nice if it would display the car functions like a BMW's navi system does like a distance to empty, fuel economy stats, etc... If I had known these things I might have gone with out it and went aftermarket. Any ideas on upgrading the navi unit and speakers???
Old 06-25-2006
Registered!!

Wow, sorry you think the sound is lame. EXs actually have 350 watts and a seven speakers. I love my civics sound. The bass gets so loud that you cant see out of the mirrors beacuse they are shakin so much. I usually keep it set like only two clicks up from flat for the bass and the sub. I would think you could try swapping out speakers for better quality sound without having to add another amp.

I agree with you about the navi missing a few features. It is my first one but I think its pretty damn good. Ive heard there are some pretty sick aftermarket models out there by Garmin and others. I just dont know how clean it would look. Ive all ready got a Sirius Sat receiver stuck to the glass in the corner and I hate clutter. What is RDS?
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

bhatton867 is an unknown quantity at this point
I did look into it with the dealer and the 2 door ex's have the 350 watt system. The 4 door ex's have the 160 watt unless you spring for the sub/amp package that is $350.00 with out installation. All that package does is replace the 2 rear speakers with 2 6" subs and a 160 watt amp which mounts under the rear deck. The honda tech. suggested to go aftermarket for a nice sounding sub / amp set up.
I too have the JVC Sirius reciever suction mounted to the small side window and now with it playing thru the aux plug, sounds loads better!!
As for the RDS, it stands for "radio data system" which is transmitted information from certain radio stations which is usually their call letters and the song title / artist. Not all stations do the RDS transmitting. I had this in my navigator and it was just a cool little extra nicety...
Old 06-30-2006
Registered!!

Sorry, I thought all EXs had the 350 watt system. Didnt realize that was only in the coupe. As for the RDS, my minivan at work has it. It is cool. Wonder why that wouldnt be part of the Honda NAVI. Good luck with the sub/amp add! Let me know what you end up putting in.