8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Just Got Her

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kero is an unknown quantity at this point
Just Got Her

Guys,

Just picked up my car today and I have to admit 20 miles later I love it.

The only thing I noticed is that the alignment might be a very very small amount off.

Also, when turning the steering wheel while moving ever so slowly or from a stand still, the steering wheel gives a sligtly rough feedback.

I can't wait to get her on the highway.

Is there a "REAL" breakin period for this car. The salesperson and other people at the dealership said no. I don't know if I really buy that.

See you guys on the road.
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

JewelBeetle is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck with your new car, I really hope you enjoy it. Just keep an eye on that alignment, and make sure it doesn't get worse. The steering wheel may feel better to you once you are used to the car. I always have an "adjustment" period with a new vehicle .
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

Thanks. I hear ya on the new adjusting thing.

The alignment mike be correct, it might be that I am used to driving a subaru impreza but will keep an eye on it and see in a few weeks how it goes.

They def are great cars and at night, the interiors are just very cool!
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

daroga is an unknown quantity at this point
Any chance of some pictures? Especially since you've got the same car I'm getting
Old 04-27-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats! My alignment is slightly off too (little pull to right but I dont notice it much since my explorer does the same). If you read the manual, it does say that for the first 600 miles you should avoid excessive high rpm gear shifts(pedal mashing) and hard stops. The good news for me is that I picked up the car last Saturday and turned 600 on the way home from work today! Its a shame because I have got 300 miles and more than a third tank of gas left this fill up. I dont think its going to last long now that the break in is over!
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Yep, mine pulls every so slightly to the right as well.

I checked the tire pressure this morning and they were way off, which is typical from dealer ships.

This made the alignment better as all tires are now correct at 32psi on the bottom.

DAROGA: WILL UP SOME PHOTOS THIS WEEKEND.

Oh, I never beat on my cars and especially during the first 1000 miles or so. Big no no for any car.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

daroga is an unknown quantity at this point
So, first things first, have them check the tire pressure before I drive off the lot?
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Nope, I rather do it myself, I am untrusting when it comes to my cars and most people don't know how to check tires properly. They have to be totally cold and not in the sun.

Once I corrected the pressures the car pulled much less to the right, just a tad noticeable but nothing to get me worried.

I will up photos tomorrow for you!
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

05blkrs is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kero
Thanks. I hear ya on the new adjusting thing.

The alignment mike be correct, it might be that I am used to driving a subaru impreza but will keep an eye on it and see in a few weeks how it goes.

They def are great cars and at night, the interiors are just very cool!
any fwd car will pull ever so slightly to one side durring acceleration... your '06 hondas have the trans mounted on the passenger side i believe, so it would pull to the other side... it's because of axle lengths... also, subaru imprezas are so so so much different than any other car... i love mine ubt i'm not saying it's the best... it's a personal preference thing. but you definately feel a big difference when you go to the best awd system on the road.. even when i was driving an evo VIII it wa a lot different than my subaru.
Old 04-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 05blkrs
any fwd car will pull ever so slightly to one side durring acceleration... your '06 hondas have the trans mounted on the passenger side i believe, so it would pull to the other side... it's because of axle lengths... also, subaru imprezas are so so so much different than any other car... i love mine ubt i'm not saying it's the best... it's a personal preference thing. but you definately feel a big difference when you go to the best awd system on the road.. even when i was driving an evo VIII it wa a lot different than my subaru.
This is not only during acceleration but also cruising on flat roads that have no banking. I believe someone else here mentioned a slight pull to the right. No biggie like I mentoined earler, at least not for now.

I miss my impreza, I hope it finds a good home

DAROGA: I forgot to take pics today but will do it tomorrow, was driving all day
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

hotwheels is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations on your new car, but I think if I was you, I would take the car and show the dealership the alignment problem. Did yo buy the car new? If you did, then there should be no problem with the alignment.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Hotwheels:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks. The alignment was correct by the dealer about a week ago.

I am pretty sure I posted it somewhere else and some photos of my car as well?

I just don't remember where
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

fivespeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Watch out for alignment problems. They can get worse. I had a problem with my Honda when i was going hi speed on the freeway. Some idiot swerved into my lane and i had to brake while turning away, the bite into my brakes when the steering was out of alignment turned out to be permanent.

It ended up not only getting worse but getting my tires bald on opposites ends becauise of the wear and tear on the rubber.

Have it looked at under warranty. if it gets real bad when the warranty wears down they will stall you until you have to pay for the whole *damN* thing yourself.
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by fivespeed
Watch out for alignment problems. They can get worse. I had a problem with my Honda when i was going hi speed on the freeway. Some idiot swerved into my lane and i had to brake while turning away, the bite into my brakes when the steering was out of alignment turned out to be permanent.

It ended up not only getting worse but getting my tires bald on opposites ends becauise of the wear and tear on the rubber.

Have it looked at under warranty. if it gets real bad when the warranty wears down they will stall you until you have to pay for the whole *damN* thing yourself.
Alignment has been corrected last week by dealer. Much improved