8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imported_blueangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Accessories

When buying a car, im one for Accessories.
Ive always enjoyed picking what ones i will choose next. If i was to buy this new id deffinatly go for alot of the accessories that have come with the new 2006 civic SI.

What Accessories do you like to buy when you get a car.
Or do you buy 2nd hand and add them at a later date?

Ive found a link at where you can look at all the Accessories for the new civic, let me know what you would choose.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...lName=Civic+Si

The Rear Under Spoiler and the 18" Alloy Wheels would be a must for me.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

imported_Sam is an unknown quantity at this point
I still think 18s are too big, just my opinion. It can mess with the handling of the car.

I dont believe in spoilers unless you are racing, but again thats just my opinion

That site isnt loading for me, but as far as accessories go I'd go with some nice 17" wheels and some tinted windows.
Old 02-22-2006
Registered!!

imported_blueangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do you not like the 18s Sam? Lack of control? I like them just because I get a bit more cushion even though cornering is more harsh. Plus they look good on the civic!
Old 02-27-2006
Registered!!

anteater is an unknown quantity at this point
You wont get cushion from the wheels

Soft suspension will give you cushion (but not good handling).
Old 02-28-2006
Registered!!

CharlieLink is an unknown quantity at this point
Lighting Combinations

I'm having a difficult time trying to get to the "truth of the matter". I have a 2006 LX Coupe on order, so I don't have an actual dashboard to look at. Maybe someone here can help with information.

I have already decided that I want to add Interior Illumination (also referred to as Courtesy Lighting). According to the Honda installation instructions, these are available for 2 and 4 door models, but cannot be installed on 2-door vehicles with fog lights. Ironically, each installation requires dismantling the dashboard, so if I could install both, I would prefer to do it all at the same time.

I had contacted College Hills Honda to ask if they knew why. They said that Honda just says that's the way it is - no explanation. So I called Honda Customer Support and spoke to a young lady who seemed to know nothing. She came back a short time later and says it would put too much strain on the battery. Of course, that's nonsense.

The best I can figure there are several possible conflicts:
1. The dash doesn't support the 3-switch trimpanel that replaces the pocket on the lower driver side instrument panel (some models just have a single switch socket built into the panel - I believe LX,EX, & Si).
2. The wiring harness does not have, or support, an adapter that permits both subharnesses to plug into the 6-pin connecting port on the fuse box (both use the same port). They do discuss multiple options being attached to this port, however.
3. Because the default lighting behavior is different for fog lamps (low beam only) versus interior illum (parking, low, or high beam), there may be a problem with logic switching in the two assemblies.

Furthermore, the installation instruction refer to some installation features that apply to LX, EX, & Si while others only to DX (without regard to the number of doors - realizing the Coupes and Sedans are really different vehicles unlike prior years).

Any help, guidance, answers or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2006
Registered!!

anteater is an unknown quantity at this point
No idea Charlie, sorry!
Sounds like even Honda dont know what the hell is going on there.. that means we have no hope
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

Wadely is an unknown quantity at this point
not at honda

The dealer will not be able to install both, the interior lights and the fog lights both run off the same available spot for accessories on the harness, im sure an aftermarket company could do which ever you choose not to get done at the dealer.
As far as accessories ive got the front, rear, and side underspoilers on mine (the aero kit) and instead of getting the accessory wheels, I had some 04 accord 4cylider wheels laying around my parts department which are 16 inch, and it looks really nice with them on there, but im going to end up with the 16 inch rota subzero's on there gun metal color.
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

Thanks

Originally Posted by Wadely
The dealer will not be able to install both, the interior lights and the fog lights both run off the same available spot for accessories on the harness, im sure an aftermarket company could do which ever you choose not to get done at the dealer.
As far as accessories ive got the front, rear, and side underspoilers on mine (the aero kit) and instead of getting the accessory wheels, I had some 04 accord 4cylider wheels laying around my parts department which are 16 inch, and it looks really nice with them on there, but im going to end up with the 16 inch rota subzero's on there gun metal color.
Thanks, Wadely. That is rather what I suspected was the most reasonable (contention for the 6-pin port on the fuse box). Once I have the courtesy lights installed, I will re-evaluate. Still waiting for delivery of the LX Coupe & getting excited.
Old 03-15-2006
Registered!!

Wadely is an unknown quantity at this point
you will be happy with it

I got the lx coupe 5 speed and i am very impressed with it, i wanted the si, but my 02 si and I got in a bit of trouble with speeding so until some points shave off ill wait a while on the new si. I havent had a chance to really see what kind of guts the 06 has but i can already tell its quicker and has more get up and go than my 02 si even after some minimal performance mods, and not to mention the the 06 stylin is gorgeous. I was going to get the ex but the wait on the ex was going to be a while and as impulsive as I am I got the lx since all it lacks from the ex is the volume controls on the steering wheel, the sunroof and the muffler tip(but I got one of those on the way), not to mention the lx is around 300 lbs lighter than the ex.

you will enjoy it im sure of it.
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

TypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that all thats different between the EX and LX?
I thought there were more vast differences. If thats the case then you made the right choice not waiting for the EX
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

There's more difference

Originally Posted by TypeR
Is that all thats different between the EX and LX?
I thought there were more vast differences. If thats the case then you made the right choice not waiting for the EX
More differences (EX vs. LX)
350 Watt - 7 speaker (incl subwoofer) vs. 160 Watt - 6 speaker
4 wheel disc brakes vs. disc + drum (rear)
16 inch alloy wheels vs. 16 inch steel with covers
Remote trunk release
Ambient control lighting
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

TypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
So only really physically/accessory wise. Not engine wise..as I thought

Thanks Charlie for the details.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

More info

Two recommendations for those seeking information:
1. x-raysteve put together an Excellent EX feature list. Read this - nice work Steve!

2. Go to the Honda dealer or the American Honda website to request a model-specific catalog. These are very well prepared books (more than just a simple brochure) and worth the effort to procure one.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

pico is an unknown quantity at this point
Picked up my EX with navi on saturday and ordered ipod music link, fog lights, interior illumination and auto day/night mirror. I guess Ill be getting a call from my dealer next week when the tell me they can only install one type of lighting. I guess Ill go with the fog lights and do my own neon inside like I did on my RX8. It will be much cheaper even though I was trying to take the easy way out. I will eventually get the Honda all weather mats (a must for Florida), trunk tray, splash gaurds (if I can get them painted to match the car), and some aftermarket wheel locks (not paying 70 bucks for the same locks you can get at local auto part store for 20). The only options I wish they would offer is Sirius satellite radio and vanity mirror lights(absurd for a $22K car to not have them).
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

arbittan will become famous soon enough
Re: Accessories

You might be able to install both fog lamps and interior lighting by ordering the wiring harness for the 4 dr version. On the 4 door package you replace the headlight stock on the steering column. This will then allow you to use the open button panel on the dash for the interior lighting. It has nothing to do with battery power, etc. Just doesn't have the available place on the dash.