General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

seatbelt chime...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
djaaronk is an unknown quantity at this point
seatbelt chime...

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to dissconnect the seatbelt reminder chime...I always wear my seatbelt and that "DING DING" can be very annoying. I had an '88 Plymouth Sundance and there was a little connector right on the wire that went into the seatbelt...all I did was unplug it and it stopped chiming. Anyone ever figure our Civics out? Thanks.
Old 03-05-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all

If you always wear your seatbelt then why are you hearing that seatbelt chime?
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
You guys have a seat belt chime??? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]What year? I have a 2001 and I don't think I have it. haha
Old 03-05-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
[hr]Originally posted by: 7thGenerasianCivic
You guys have a seat belt chime??? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]What year? I have a 2001 and I don't think I have it. haha[hr]
Now that you mention it, I have a 2002 and I don't remember having a chime either. I think the car chimes when you turn it on? I don't know. It doesn't bother me if it does. I'm not **** about little stuff like that.

Old 03-05-2003
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
'02 coupe here, no chime. only when you leave lights on.
Old 03-05-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
[hr]Originally posted by: SkipBarber
'02 coupe here, no chime. only when you leave lights on.[hr]
OMG that is freaken annoying...that ringing is like nonstop! BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.. .............................................

Also when you leave the keys in with the doors open! OMG [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

try this...get in your car...shut the door...buckle your belt before you start your car...You get no beep. Now once again get in your car...shut the door...don't buckle your belt before you turn your car on...and then start it...You will get 6(I think) beeps. Also the 6 beeps will stop if you do buckle up while it's beeping. FlyRiceRacer02...I do always wear my seatbelt...only thing is my Civic is parked in a covered/gated car port...so I have to start my car, pull it out of my spot, and then get out to shut my gate...so I don't buckle up till I get back in my car. It's just annoying cause I am gonna buckle up so I don't need it beeping at me. Thanks [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] Oh and btw I have an '01 EX Coupe.
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

ihaveacivic is an unknown quantity at this point
i do some what the same thing... i pull my car out of the garage... then i let it warm up( while i go inside) and when i come back out.. i get in buckle up and drive off.. and i have NEVER heard no beeps. and some time i stay inside the car while it warms up.. (have to get out to close the garage) and the whole time i dont have my seat belt on and i still have never heard that beep...
do you have a 03?
might be some new thing they did for that year

the only time i can think of hearing beeps is if i use the remote to unlock the doors and then open the door while the lights are flashing.. then i hear like 2 beeps...
Old 03-06-2003
Registered!!

The beeps happen right when you start the car (with the door shut) without your seatbelt buckled...at least mine does...and the little seatbelt light is on in the instrument too. Do you really think that Honda makes this feature different on different Civics?

I have a 2001 EX Coupe 5-speed with factory spoiler...no mods at all.
Old 03-10-2003
rzc
Registered!!

rzc is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: djaaronk

The beeps happen right when you start the car (with the door shut) without your seatbelt buckled...at least mine does...and the little seatbelt light is on in the instrument too. Do you really think that Honda makes this feature different on different Civics?

I have a 2001 EX Coupe 5-speed with factory spoiler...no mods at all.[hr]
I checked mine out and same here, it beeps when you have the door shut abd seatbelt not engaged. I have a 2001 LX Sedan.
Old 03-10-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldent want to turn off that dinger cause it also tells you when you leave your keys in or leave your lights on or somthing...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]