General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Need Help, Police,EMS,EMT,firefighter or anyone who might know

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIGGODLO is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help, Police,EMS,EMT,firefighter or anyone who might know

I was trying to wire in my headlight flasher the other day and I just can't find which wire i'm supposed to cut. I tried them all and it didn't seem like any of them worked right. I know that there are a few police officers and firefighters on the website that might be able to help. Also where did you put your other emergency lights. And in case anyone says anything its not for show I'm a first responder and its important that I have this flasher installed properly. Anyone who know which wires I need or how to wire it properly please let me know. Thanks in advance
Old 08-25-2002
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
i bought the wheelen strobe controller and 6 strobes, one in each headlight, one in each tailight, and 2 in the grill. it works great, you can try and find a flasher that works with the stock lights, but its a pain in the butt to get it to work right. if you choose that way you need to buy one for a negative ground system. so are you a bandaid whacker or a nozzle nut?
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

Well I've been told that we are required to have a solid lighting system. We have to have a headlight flasher, and lights that can be seen from 360 degrees. I have strobes on order and will be installing deck lights and lights in the front grill shortly. I'm not either, generally i just show up at the wreck pull people out if needed and keep the rubberneckers from hitting the already wrecked vehicles (haven't got EMT certifictation yet). But I'm just a volunteer, but if you know how to do it without getting the negative ground system let me know please. thanks
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

heres the headlight flasher you'll need Flasher the instructions dont look that hard to install, just make sure you put a fuse between the battery and the flasher incase you get a short somewhere. so do you run with a fire dept or a squad? im a volunteer firefighter, im probably going for my EMT cert in Jan.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
I have six Whelen strobes (90 watt strobe kit) on my car with a Whelen LED light as well. I mounted one strobe in each headlight and one strobe in each rear turn signal and reverse light. I elected not to install a "wig-wag" flasher simply because I don't use the lights a lot anyway and I did not want to mess around with the wiring for the headlights.

In any event, what type of flasher are you trying to install?

In addition to being a cop, I have a business where I sell emergency lights and do installations in vehicles, so if you let me know what kind of flasher you have, I can probably tell you if it is the correct one and how to go about doing it.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

so would you be willing to give a discount to a fellow public safety member?
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

QCKSILVR is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: grenloch101056
so would you be willing to give a discount to a fellow public safety member?[hr]
I only sell Whelen stuff, I've found it to be the best out there in my opinion. Send me a PM on what you were interested in and I'll send you the appropriate pricing.
Old 08-26-2002
Registered!!

I don't have any organization that I belong to. I was told that once i get my EMT cert. done I could probably join our local organization of emergency volunteers without a problem. The flasher I was trying to install is a SHO-ME 03.w129, the guy i bought it from told me it would work.