General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Civic sits uneven

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
Civic sits uneven

Anybody else's Civic sit uneven after they lowered it? I lowered mine about a month ago and now it sits uneven , the passenger rear sits higher than the driver's rear... the same thing happened to my Integra when I lowered it. Any ideas what it is?
Old 08-23-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
whoa??? i thought that was just me... yea after i lowered my car it seems as if it stands uneven... dunno why tho
Old 08-23-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

EManEX will become famous soon enoughEManEX will become famous soon enough
Does this happens when the drop is too much? How much of a drop do you guys have? Also; could it be the brand? I'm thinking of lowering my car but if it's going to be uneven then I'll defenetly will not do it. The only thing that is hold me right now is that I don't know if I want a worse ride on my car once I lower it, but if I have two things to worry about I'm probably will not drop it.
Old 08-23-2002
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
I've never heard of that. Unless you jacked something up. I know some springs have to snap into place. Might wanna try jacking up your car then setting it down quickly maybe a spring didn't set in right. I've seen lots of lowered Civics though that look sweet. Well. . no. . I take that back. . There was this one on the interstate the other day. . Had to be about a 94' Civic. . It was riding uneven, but the driver was pushing 400 so ya know. . It's to be expected.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I weigh about 140 so its not me,

I have GoldLine Springs about a 1.5 inch drop ; it's not that low

It's funny because the same exact thing happened when I lowered my integra with RS*R springs by different installers.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

ASWZero is an unknown quantity at this point
if they are springs, check if they were mounted correctly(notches on the spring perch should align with the spring). If not, you probably have a settled spring, or yes, a blown shock. If your one of your shocks looks the slight bit greasy, consider that to be shock oil. That is what happens when you lower your cars. If you want to do it the right way, you should have bought some aftermarket shocks, like the Koni yellows. They are the only shocks out there that could handle the increased spring stiffness. if you do not get adjustables, then most likely the shocks are set with the same dampening as the stock shocks.

for everyone with the koni yellows, adjust one side to a stiffer setting and the other side to a lower setting. Your car should ride unevenly.
Old 08-23-2002
The Standard One

VNlilMAN will become famous soon enoughVNlilMAN will become famous soon enough
how many finger gaps do you have on all corners? it might be an installation issue, just take it back to the place you got them installed. they'll probably give you the 'they have to settle in'. goldlines dont need to settle but just wait a bit and take it back if its still like that.
Old 08-23-2002
Mex
Registered!!

Mex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the roughMex is a jewel in the rough
with me, one day it'll be even and the next day it's not..

spent about 3 weeks trying to level off my car with my B+G coilovers.

oh well.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Vesper is an unknown quantity at this point
make sure they put the rubber bushings back on in the rear maybe they forgot one on one side. i know alot of people who have that happen to them so check and see if you can hear like a little rattle in the back.
Old 08-23-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: WildRice
I weigh about 140 so its not me,

I have GoldLine Springs about a 1.5 inch drop ; it's not that low

It's funny because the same exact thing happened when I lowered my integra with RS*R springs by different installers.[hr]
I have GoldLine's, and its not that low of a drop...I have a sedan, and the right side sits higher than the left. But, sometimes it seems that its where the car is parked.

even if the ground looks level, it isn't always the case. sometimes they look even, but its usually the right is higher.

BUT..in my case, I did the front right, the front left, the rear right, then the rear left. so the right side was done first in front and back...i probably screwed up the right side!!! dang.

oh well [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

live and learn...tein coilovers, here i come!

Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

Mokushi is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you blow a strut already. It's gonna sag a little more if a a strut is blown... just a thought...
Old 08-23-2002
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
i know my struts aren't blown...its an even unevenness [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

the finger gap difference is the same for side vs. side on the front and back.

i probably screwed up the install...dang. oh well...springs make a difference though [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

gotta love 'em!
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

corruptnu2 is an unknown quantity at this point
I now that fastco springs make it so that the drivers side is actually hire than the passengers side is this the same prob u are having maybe its just the company
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
mine is a little uneven too. I have goldlines. The drivers side seems to be maybe 1/4 of an inch higher. maybe the gas tank holds more on a certain side therefore weighting down one one side. he11 i dunno.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Happens to stock height cars too. Sometimes my driver side sits a little higher.
Old 08-24-2002
Registered!!

Robi is an unknown quantity at this point
i have had my goldlines for probably about 6 months, and mine is still uneven. i posted something about it a long time ago and nobody said anything about it. i thought it was my cars shocks, but now im thinking its the springs cause everybody else on here said goldline too. oh well, later