General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Any body with real HID projectors in stock housing or TYC Projectors (Exbauer......any body)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pdxbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Any body with real HID projectors in stock housing or TYC Projectors (Exbauer......any body)

Exabuer if you see this what is your current HID setup? Any body here have real HID projectors in TYC projectors? I really want to get real HID projectors and either retro fit them in stock housing or even better in TYC projectors. How hard is it to put real HID projectors in the TYC projector housing? Which HID projectors would be really easy to put on the TYC? Someone really needs to put some sort of DIY on this. I have search many times but have not found instructions or actual pics of the HID projectors besides Exabuer and Marux but those were not detail. If any body can post as much info on retrofitting real HID projectors in our stock housing or TYC projectors that would be great.

Sorry for the long post post.
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

Perfectcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
There was a big thread a while ago about this (long time ago) and people were talking about having the tyc's and hid but didnt like the beam pattern so they went to the junkyard and jacked the lens off of a bmw or audi and switched the lenses with the ones in the tyc's. hope this helps
Old 08-21-2002
Registered!!

Anybody know if Audi A6 projectors will fit the TYC projector. They took only the lense, no housing. I can't find that thread but if anybody remembers please post a link. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2002
Registered!!

I just bought Audi A6 HID Hella projectors. I really hope they will fit TYC projectors. Please anybody that has done this please respond! I have not bought the TYC projectors yet but I will buy them right away if it can fit easily.
Old 08-23-2002
Registered!!

ashburn is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the xenon HID kit in mine the passenger side was fairly easy to install but there was little room on the driver's side so we zip tided it to the anti lock brakes system.