General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Wing and badge removal and holes filled

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Wing and badge removal and holes filled

So last night I decided that I did not like the big rice wing on the back of my new ride so I took it off. One of the bolts i had to drill out because the previous owner decided to use crappy bolt that were excessively rusty. I forgot to take pics as I went along so here is how I bought it...

And here is how it looks tonight after I sanded filed and bondo'd the holes. I made one mistake, I should have put tape or something on the other side of the hole when I filled them with bondo.
Here it is right now...

Tomorrow I will sand it down and prime/seal it. Getting it ready for some paint!
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about
Re: Wing and badge removal and holes filled

The world is a better place without that wing on your car!
lol
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Foxracer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its sad to see idiots out there have done these sort of things to perfectly good hondas in the first place. Good job on taking it off.
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

So today I took this thing...

And I did this...
Name:  008.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  239.8 KB
But I did not put enough bondo on the first time so I used this...
Name:  011.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  329.3 KB
To do this...
Name:  012.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  199.0 KB
And I am bored waiting for it to dry so I am writing this.
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Foxracer24 is an unknown quantity at this point

What was wrong with the badge? And where did you end up putting that huge waste of plastic or ricers dream? lol
Old 07-31-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

I swear it looks like they put it on backwards. lol
Old 07-31-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Its good to see you go that wing off your em1 finally looks alot better now lol. And ya what was wrong with the h symbol.
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Foxracer24
What was wrong with the badge? And where did you end up putting that huge waste of plastic or ricers dream? lol
I am putting it on my CBR. lol

Everyone in the world knows it's a Honda. I like the de-badged look. Simple is beautiful in my opinion.

Any way here is my

I'll put up the finished product when I get the plate blurred.
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen

I'll put up the finished product when I get the plate blurred.
What is that white car? It may be the camera angle but, it looks like it needs a rear camber kit.

"Simple is beautiful in my opinion."
I've always thought the same thing. Does that mean your not gonna put a nice spoiler on it?

Look! 2-24 packs of Mt. Dew for $10. lol
Old 08-01-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lazlong
What is that white car? It may be the camera angle but, it looks like it needs a rear camber kit.

I've always thought the same thing. Does that mean your not gonna put a nice spoiler on it?

I admire your attention to detail. I had to freakin search for the Mt. Dew like a GD where's waldo book.. haha
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

That other car is a twin turbo stealth. And it is the camera angle, it does look a little weird in that pic.

I don't like spending money on stuff just for looks so no more spoiler.

Last edited by Mad Dog Tannen; 08-01-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

wait.. Nor*Cal sticker and you're in Jersey?

Progress looks good BTW.. I was gonna wait til the finished product to comment.. but oh well.. haha
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
wait.. Nor*Cal sticker and you're in Jersey?

Progress looks good BTW.. I was gonna wait til the finished product to comment.. but oh well.. haha
I am from Nor Cal. I am stationed here in Jersey (not by choice).
Old 08-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Ah.. I didn't think any branch stationed anyone in Jersey.. I was Navy for 6 years, I feel your pain of not being able to be where you wanna be.. haha
Old 08-01-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Ah.. I didn't think any branch stationed anyone in Jersey.. I was Navy for 6 years, I feel your pain of not being able to be where you wanna be.. haha
Yeah um... In NJ...Navy-Lakehurst, Army-Ft. Dix, Air Force-McGuire
Old 08-01-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I stand corrected
Old 08-03-2010
Registered!!

Lol I almost forgot to finish up this thread. I will try and post finished product up today.
Old 08-04-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good without that monstrosity on the trunk. I feel the same about Civics. I like them clean and simple. I've always thought that EBP color was gorgeous. The best out of the 3 for the EM1s.
Old 08-04-2010
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the sanding
Old 08-04-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Can't wait to see finished parts.
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

Here it is. This is how it will stay until I get a new front and rear bumper...
Old 08-06-2010
Registered!!

I also fixed my other Honda!

Old 08-07-2010
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Where do you plan on getting your bumpers? I need to get a front and rear myself.
Old 08-07-2010
Low and slow!

Here it is. This is how it will stay until I get a new front and rear bumper...
Nice work man cant wait to see the final result when its done. I actually think the em1s look better without spoilers. The cbr looks damn good as well.
Old 08-07-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by MelJ
Where do you plan on getting your bumpers? I need to get a front and rear myself.
I am not sure. I am getting a full body kit, becuase they seem to be cheaper than getting stock plastic bumpers. I am trying to find one that doesn't make the car look like a spaceship. I like bodykits.com and bodykitsusa.com selection. They have a couple subtle kits. I think I will get fiberglass because it is a lot cheaper and can be repaired. But I am still looking around, there are a lot of sites out there.
Old 08-08-2010
Registered!!

Mr.VTEC has a spectacular aura aboutMr.VTEC has a spectacular aura about

How the hell did you see that Mt dew? lol and I de-baged my civic the other day...Took off the "EX" and "Civic" badges. I left the "H" symbol on because of the holes.
Old 08-08-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by Mr.VTEC
How the hell did you see that Mt dew? lol and I de-baged my civic the other day...Took off the "EX" and "Civic" badges. I left the "H" symbol on because of the holes.
Lol I just caught that. It took me like 20 mins just to find it.
Old 08-08-2010
Trance Addict

I am not sure. I am getting a full body kit, becuase they seem to be cheaper than getting stock plastic bumpers. I am trying to find one that doesn't make the car look like a spaceship. I like bodykits.com and bodykitsusa.com selection. They have a couple subtle kits. I think I will get fiberglass because it is a lot cheaper and can be repaired. But I am still looking around, there are a lot of sites out there.
Honda OEM stuff is so expensive. I found an immaculate black OEM mirror at a junkyard for 60 bucks. Honda's price....$250.
Old 08-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by 02civicsi02
Lol I just caught that. It took me like 20 mins just to find it.
haha.. like I said, it was like searching in a damn Where's Waldo book..