General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

I need help asap!!!!how do i remove carpet

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
matt2001civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I need help asap!!!!how do i remove carpet

Im new here and to civics so be nice. I have a 2001 Civic and last night we had a heavy rain storm come through and flooded my car. I checked everything like oil, transmission, etc. and all is good. My carpet however is still wet. I shop vaced for hours, left fans on all day, even tried a hair dryer. Still no luck. I know that if I dont get it completely dry it will begin to smell and could cause problems down the road.

So I need help on how to get the carpet out. The seats are easy to remove but I need help with the console and the side moldings holding the carept in. Do they just clip or are there screws to remove? Also how do I begin to remove the center console? Once I get everything out I plan to power wash the carpet, let it dry all day and let fans run inside the car just to be sure. Any better ideas, please let me know!
Old 09-09-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I need help asap!!!!how do i remove carpet

Console is easy. 2 big screws on either side of the back near the rear floor boards have to come out. Then pop the shifter bezel out and there are a couple screws towards the back that need to come off. There are two in front of the shifter that are fine to stay. Up in the foot well, there are two plastic clips on either side (near the gas pedal, and similar loc on the pass side). I don't know if you have an armrest or not, but if you do, pull the rubber mat out of it and there are three screws underneath it. Once those are all out, pull the console up and back (fiddle with the e-brake for room) and disconnect the ciggy lighter/power acc. clip from the back (pull straight towards the engine) and it should come out the rest of the way.

You will also need to remove the back seats (bottom at a minimum), and all the interior trim panels unless you just want to try stuffing the carpet back underneath when you're done.

If you have side airbags DO NOT turn the key on with the seats out. Just disconnect the battery until you get the seats back in.
Old 09-16-2009
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

i've had water soak my carpet before..... whenever at home, i'd stick a space heater fan in the car, with a portion of the carpet pulled back.... took a few days of doing this, as well as sponging out whatever would drip down and collect on the bottom

takes time, but gets the water out
Old 09-16-2009
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Is your carpet faded or damaged at all? If you're taking it out, might as well throw it into a kiddie pool with some black dye to make it new again. It's wet anyway right?