General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

PRoblem....Oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricanwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking PRoblem....Oil leak

I recently did my clutch and i noticed that i was having a oil leak its small but it still making me lose oil i checked the filter to see if its leaking but nope nuttin there then i checked the oil nut but nuttin there either i was told it could be my oil seal or something like that i believe i would have to take trnny clutch n everything back out to fix the leak but does neone have ne other suggestions??? thanx in advance
Old 05-06-2009
Registered!!

chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRoblem....Oil leak

I was just out checking my car for the same problem, i've been noticing little spots on the driveway after doing my clutch... so I did a full oil change with new filter and sandwich plate seals and washers and still little spots it looks like its coming from the join between the gearbox and the engine... well thats where it appears to be dripping to so i've done a little research and someone talked about a crank shaft seal which sounded expensive and I didn't seem to have enough oil dripping for that so Im still stumped. but yea any help would be awesome
Old 05-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

is it the rear main seal?
Old 05-06-2009
Registered!!

chopper202 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeh you could try that did you replace it when you did your clutch??? looks like your gonna have to whip your gearbox off again
Old 05-06-2009
Registered!!

Ricanwizard is an unknown quantity at this point

AAAAHHHHHH lol i didnt want to do that but i will be checking it out sumtime next week i believe its going to be quite the job to do so i guess a weekend would do it lol the seal i think is not that much but i will try to do it....its definitly the seal cuz thats the last thing i did was my clutch so i guess when they did it the broke the seal so its leaking there.....