General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

TDC and mini-me swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice
TDC and mini-me swap

Hey im looking for assistance from all who can help. I am doing my minime swap right now and i am trying to set my motor to TDC. My problem is I dont know which line on the crank pulley is for top dead center. It says the white one but none of them are white and it says the red one is NOT for Timing light so there like 3 notches on my timing belt which one is tdc. thanks in advance

it looks like there is a black one, then red, then black then yellow? which one is for TDC. This can be used for future reference to other noobs

Name:  DSCN1410.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  42.1 KB
thanks to all

Last edited by jamis33; 04-28-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TDC and mini-me swap

i didnt read all that. ahah. but there is only one true TDC.. which is when the cam points UP with the 2 little lines on the cam gear are flush with the surface of the head and when the crank pulley lines up with one of the lines (forgot which line there are 4 lines i believe, check your manual) with the timing cover aiming sight. if you dont know what aiming sight i am tlaking about it is pretty much like looking down the barrel of a gun and aiming it. you will get the picture once you see it.
Old 04-28-2009
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

bump picture need to know which one is tdc
Old 04-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

its the yellow. another way to put TDC on without the crank pulley on is to line up the line on the timing belt pulley with the arrow on the block. you will see it when you get that crank pulley off.