General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Sea Foam

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough
Sea Foam

Tried searching, couldn't find anything. Was hoping to find a DIY but oh well. Anyway have you guys used it, and liked it? I'm wondering if it's a good idea to use? I think if i used it, it'd be smart to change the oil shortly after.

-Thanks
Old 04-09-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sea Foam

NONONONONONO bad idea. youve been warned. generally any additive at the auto store is junk.
Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ahhh what about that lube control your advertising down there is that not an additive ??????
Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

civicplaya will become famous soon enoughcivicplaya will become famous soon enough

Haha^^^^
Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

Yeah, in May I plan on getting things done. I want to flush or drain(whenever I find out which is better for the engine)/refill all the fluids. That's why I wanted to know about Sea Foam. I guess what the next question would be is what should I use instead of Sea Foam? What additives would you recommend for what i'm doing? I've looked at the LubeControl Website from your link a while back, but haven't had time to do the fluids until now.(in May)
What other additives besides Sea Foam should I use, and if it's LubeControl, which LubeControl product(or products) should I get?

-Thanks
Old 04-09-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

just get either mobile 1 synthetic motor oil or royle purple with royle purple or mobile1 filter i would recommend both royle purple items.and use regular honda transmission fluid.and engine coolant .just change the fluids at honda specifications and your good you don't really need additives .

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-09-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lubecontrol isnt sold in stores. its the only additive i will ever recommend and you use both LC20 for the oil and FP plus for the gas. ive been using both non stop for 4 yrs and no problems. car runs like new or better. i have lc20 in the trans fluid too. its not your normal additives.
Old 04-09-2009
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

I don't trust any additives, but in the rare instance that i need to I use BG stuff. The induction or injection system cleaner work wonders on cars with lots of build up.
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

yea ive worked for honda and toyota dealers and thats all they used was BG
Old 04-10-2009
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

sea foam is fine... just youtube it :/

just like any other additive (stp, etc.), they relatively work.

Last edited by LT2004ever; 04-10-2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-10-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

SEAFOAM is great......and i mean GREAT.... ive done it to my accord, civic, and a few other cars.....great stuff...

you just gotta me patient when it gets sucked into ur vacuum line.

never had a CEL code. ill give u more details tomorrow. i gotta go to sleep
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

02whiteem2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought i heard somewhere that Sea Foam Can foul up your spark plugs. Anyone else hear this? Me personally i'm with gearbox. LC20 and FP Plus ftw. Speaking of which i need to order some more FP Plus. Wonder if there are any more coupon codes.
Old 04-10-2009

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

i personally feel like when it comes to stuff like additives, if it isnt sold in stores...it's sketchy. seafoam will not foul up your plugs.
Old 04-10-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

sea foam is the greatest stuff, takes two people for best results.

Its the same for any car and really cleans the system out, but beware itll smoke alot.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=126583
Old 04-10-2009
Falken Master

cwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nicecwo715 is just really nice

yeah its cool
Old 04-10-2009
Falken Master

Originally Posted by gearbox
lubecontrol isnt sold in stores. its the only additive i will ever recommend and you use both LC20 for the oil and FP plus for the gas. ive been using both non stop for 4 yrs and no problems. car runs like new or better. i have lc20 in the trans fluid too. its not your normal additives.
i run lube control as well so +1 gear box, if you hadnt mentioned it i wouldnt have used it (3 years ago), but hey im also running GM Synchromesh, idk either way it still feels better than honda MTF which is also good but w/e lol
Old 04-10-2009
Premium Member

Originally Posted by skipbarber
i personally feel like when it comes to stuff like additives, if it isnt sold in stores...it's sketchy.
what if its been tested in independent labs and used by fleets of trucks for over 40 yrs? its also one of the few additives that bitog forum members will back up, many of them being chemical engineers. i say the stuff in stores is sketchy because they dont work at all. with lc20 i know my oil will be good for at least 10k miles, as evidenced by numerous oil analyses. and with my own car, gas mileage went up 4mpg after several months using the product (42mpg on the highway, compared to the new civic hybrids only getting 45 hwy miles). but dont believe me, just look at all the info, lab tests, benefits that are out there. ive heard tons of horror stories about how seafoam ruins motors, but not a single incident of lubecontrol causing any problem, only benefits.
Old 04-10-2009

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^man, when i went to sanfrancisco, i cruise controlled 66mph the whole way (411miles)

and was only able to get 47.7 mpg =\ but i was out of LC20 and FP60 so i didnt use it
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

i actually saw that they sell lubecontrol at my local autozone!
Old 04-10-2009

Originally Posted by gearbox
what if its been tested in independent labs and used by fleets of trucks for over 40 yrs? its also one of the few additives that bitog forum members will back up, many of them being chemical engineers. i say the stuff in stores is sketchy because they dont work at all. with lc20 i know my oil will be good for at least 10k miles, as evidenced by numerous oil analyses. and with my own car, gas mileage went up 4mpg after several months using the product (42mpg on the highway, compared to the new civic hybrids only getting 45 hwy miles). but dont believe me, just look at all the info, lab tests, benefits that are out there. ive heard tons of horror stories about how seafoam ruins motors, but not a single incident of lubecontrol causing any problem, only benefits.
honestly, i take motors apart everyday. i don't believe in additives. If a car is running like **** and i see build up on valves with my bore scope I use BG induction cleaner because we have it readily available. My shop also maintains a fleet of over 100+ limo's that all see well over 150k miles within their first two years of service. with proper upkeep they all run like new. if you just keep up a vehicles maintenance schedule, you can easily get the same results of any type of additive on the market. It just comes down to using quality oils and fuels. My own car puts down over twice the stock HP and i still get over 30 mpg on the highway and ive never used any additives or cleaners. I just zip a new oil filter on between changes and the oil looks like new, no lab tests, no outside reviews, no testimonials, just plain old first hand experience. Call me old fashioned or closed minded but I have more faith in the engineering of all the other components of an engine than some simple additives. I know all about BITOG, i've been a member there longer than i have been here, and nothing there has ever convinced me otherwise.

Last edited by skipbarber; 04-10-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2009
Premium Member

i respect that. and i do maintain the engine as best i can, additives or not.
Old 04-10-2009
Registered!!

yea i thought i saw lube control at napa they do sell it in stores i guess this means gearbox has to stop using it.
Old 04-10-2009
Premium Member

pretty sure they dont but someone prove me wrong. maybe youre confusing with lucas which is very similar packaging. if they do then great.

Last edited by gearbox; 04-10-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2009

Originally Posted by lowlife9
yea i thought i saw lube control at napa they do sell it in stores i guess this means gearbox has to stop using it.
im pretty sure they dont. because i go to my autozone every day n they dont have it. i even checked online n they dont even have it in their inventory.
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

croninc is an unknown quantity at this point

seafoam can actually screw up your engine. If the only thing sealing up your engine is gunk and crap, the seam foam will remove it and that equals bad news for you.
Old 04-11-2009

^gunk and crap don't seal well at all, and if thats what youre counting on then you have bigger problems to deal with than figuring out whether or not to use an additive or cleaner.
Old 04-11-2009

Originally Posted by skipbarber
^gunk and crap don't seal well at all, and if thats what youre counting on then you have bigger problems to deal with than figuring out whether or not to use an additive or cleaner.
HAHAHA pwned =]
Old 04-11-2009
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedricerx
i actually saw that they sell lubecontrol at my local autozone!
i want to retract my statement...
Old 04-12-2009

^its ok. you dont have to retract it. you are a 2003 member. thats respect right there!
Old 04-12-2009
Registered!!

wrightdbs is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend used it three ways ( crank case flush, intake-valve clean, and filled cylinders to free the rings).....he had good results for what it was.....I would be VERY cautious for the crank flush as many BAD things can happen if left in too long.....but....he used in a VERY USED car and it flushed crankcase good, and the compression improved...

Quick Reply: Sea Foam