General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Guess whats getting installed tomorrow :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cornd0g is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Guess whats getting installed tomorrow :)

woahh!! i just realized something!!! my cluster was shipped with the wires cleanly cut!!! should i just splice each wire and save some time and effort, or actually de-pin and re-pin everything from scratch!?
Old 02-18-2009
Registered!!

Apollyon02ex is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd depin and repin myself. soldering each wire would take you longer and if you or someone wanted to reconnect stock cluster could be a hassle. and depinning is really easy, honestly the first time you do this project it might take you a few hours. but the second time arround, 30min tops. just take your time, the hard part is figuring out which wire is which, some look very similar to others and you'll look at the guide and be like, wtf i dont have that wire!!!

it will work haha
Old 02-22-2009
Registered!!

oh baby. everything works like a charm. only thing is ABS light is on and my car doesn't have em. what should i do. ALSO!!! i have a white/red wire that wasn't used...not sure where it goes. could it be a problem!?!? thanks!

by the way, doing the whole thing took me a little less than an hour!
Old 02-22-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its very easy to peel off the top part of the gauges where the ABS icon is and put a piece of electrical tape over the hole to block the light.
Old 02-22-2009
Registered!!

lol easy quick fix huh? yeah sounds easier then messing with the wiring again. still wondering what the extra wire was for. although now that i think of it, i was missing a green/black wire i think...as well as having the extra white/red wire.
Old 02-22-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i think i had an extra too. as long as all the gauges and lights work, you should be fine.
Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

if your car is a dx, i dont think it comes with abs, so your abs light will come on. if your car has abs than you wires wrong. you will not have 1 wire (the green black whatever) and you will have 1 extra white and something wire.
Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

yeah car is lx and no ABS so i guess electric tape will have to do it.

and yeah, only problem that happened is that the blue clip couldnt reach the cluster cuz of the short wire. no biggy tho, just took some other wire and spliced in.

everything came out clean and working within 45 minutes!WORST PART = sticky wires =P
Old 02-23-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Hey Apollyon02ex can you take a picture of the 1.5x1.5 piece of wood you used for your rsx seat install? I'm about to do my rsx seat install but would like to know how you were able to use the 4th bolt. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2009
Registered!!

DRIVER SEAT

approximate dimensions- length, width, height, 1.75, 1.75, .75

the 4th hole does not perfectly line up, it lines up left and right but not up a and down. you need to lengthen the hole towards the back of the seat.

the pink is a rough estimation of what the previous bracket hole was like. the green represents what you need the hole to be. I just used reciprocating saw whatever its called. to extend the hole. you only need to extend it vertically as the image shows.

after that it works fine, i covered my wood in electrical tape and painted whatever came through with black honda paint. also you will need a longer bolt for the 4th one. I couldn't find a longer bolt in my garage that was the same threading, so i rethread the hole for the bolt i did have, i than painted the bolt black. so i suggest going to your nearest hardware store and finding a longer bolt that is the same threading.

PASSENGER SEAT

there really isnt much problems with the fitment of the passenger seat. however they are slightly different, as long as you do all bolts at the same time it will be fine. for example put all the bolts in and slightly tighten them all, if you tighten the fronts all the way the backs wont fit right, same vice versa. if you do them all together they will be fine. you dont need to lengthen any holes or use wood or anything its a semi-direct fit.

Last edited by Apollyon02ex; 02-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-24-2009
Registered!!

Vinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trustedVinnie should not be trusted

Thanks so much for the post. Thats great info right there.
Old 02-25-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Apollyon02ex
pics up, ya i guess that could work haha

btw, don't dis to hard on the red steering wheel emblem. it's in testing ha, I put it there but i think it's borderline ricy and i'll think i'll be removing it shortly, thoughts?

also, next thing im doing is changing the "suede-ish" door panel material to graphite black, like the floor mats
Idk I'd change the wheel to a momo one and put the nsx horn button in the center. I just love how that looks.
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

What year are the seats? Interested to know where you said they don't have side airbags....
Old 02-25-2009
Registered!!

im not positive but i believe 04s? and the seats had airbags. they were deployed and removed. my car had working side airbags so i removed my airbags from my seats, and put them into the rsx seats, exact fit same plugs.

and i like cruise control so no momo ha
Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

oh man apolly, i just installed my the passenger seat and it wasn't nearly as easy as you made it out to be. I tried to put all the bolts in at the same time but I ended up having to drill/enlarge the rear left hole. And even after that it was f*ckin hard to tighten all the bolts. Im hoping tomorrow when i do the driver seat it'll be easier.

oh and i kind of noticed that the passenger seat is slanted toward the driver seat....did u get that too?

Last edited by Vinnie; 03-13-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

trang_man is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

I thought that too after installing but no one mentioned anything so im not sure.. i guess thats a quick fix though, just use a washer or wood. but i had no problem with the passenger, i had to barely put each bolt in.. like literely thread em 1 turn. and turn each one 3 turns or so and move to the next bolt. It went in fine that way. But ill post some pics of em and i think you might be right about the lean, and if you are.. and its not just my eyes ill put some wood washers in and fix it up.

but the driver is easy asides the rear right bolt (if facing the engine). just have to elongate it like the pic shows on page 3 i believe.

sorry the passenger wasn't as easy!!!

the rears are a different story and will vary if you have 2 door or 4 door. I actually got mine in (and looking straight stunna) without modifying the seats at all. in these pics the right seat is more forward than the back but how i have it set up i can fix that just by pushing down on it or readjusting them by pulling em up and back again. They don't actually lock. but they are snug and wont move even if i slam on the breaks. If anyone needs tips for backs i will tell.

as you can see this is a 4door. I altered the plastic between the door and the seat and the seats fit perfect without alteration

enjoy:

Last edited by Apollyon02ex; 03-14-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

Your rears look pretty good. I actually have the same thing but I found that the rear rsx seat doesnt quite fill the entire space as well as the stock cushion seat. Like if you look on the sides there is a bit of a gap. Not to mention the cushion is kinda thin. But I'm the driver so as long as I'm comfy =p
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

civicrunner.com is an unknown quantity at this point

good pickup 2 both of you. comleted pics are in order.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

well heres my fronts, just changed my door panels to a black canvas

ignore the red ring, it will be black carbon fiber... they shipped me red bastards (using it for now)
Old 03-21-2009
Registered!!

Here is a picture of the spacer that I had made for me by the machinist at my work. I ended up using one for both the driver and passenger.

To match the rest of my new rsx interior I just started wrapping my pillars in vinyl.