General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Help removing my seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roberts1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help removing my seats

I am planning to remove my front seats from my 2005 uk spec honda civic sport but they have side airbags. Is it possible to just disconnect the airbags or will this set off the airbag light. Can it be done as i have recaro's to put it.tahnks
Old 01-05-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Help removing my seats

BEFORE YOU DISCONNECT THE AIRBAG make sure you unplug ur battery. or else ur SRS airbag light will come on and its a B!tch to reset.

as for taking seats out, there are 4 bolts at the bottom on each seat where the rail is. two in front and two i back (of each seat). unbolt those.

then unplug the airbag wires. but make sure u have ur batter disconnected.

repeat for other side.
Old 01-15-2009
Registered!!

Perfect buddy, just what i hoped.

Thank you for your time
Old 01-15-2009
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

np =]
Old 01-15-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

If you put recaro's in that do not have the side airbag when you hook the battery back up it will trip the airbag light and none of your airbags will work. there is a way around this by sticking in something like a 5 ohm resistor in the line in place of the air bag and the system will think that you still have the airbag hooked up and allow your other airbags to work. I am not sure if it is a 5ohm resistor or something else so you are going to have to search on that one to find out what exactly you can stick in the line to fake the air bag. the only other way around this is to replace the module that controls the airbags for a lower model class that did not come with side air bags problem is this unit is very expensive.

the yellow connector that is on the driver's seat and the one that is exactly like it on the passenger seat are the connectors that you want to stick the resistor into.
Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

Okay. will it deffinately happen if i dont do this.The other thing i had thought about doing was buying two second hand seat airbags and putting these in and just have them sitting underneath the seats. The seats i have are from a type r with no airbags. Anybody else have any other suggestions because im dying to get them in.....thanks
Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

cjrager89 will become famous soon enough

i would go with the resistor, its cheaper and u wont have an airbag sliding around under ur seats
Old 01-21-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roberts1987
Okay. will it deffinately happen if i dont do this.The other thing i had thought about doing was buying two second hand seat airbags and putting these in and just have them sitting underneath the seats. The seats i have are from a type r with no airbags. Anybody else have any other suggestions because im dying to get them in.....thanks
Don't do that!!!!

are bags go off with something like a minimum of 32,000 lbs per square inch but I think it is something more like 64,000 lbs. If you stick under your seat and it goes off you will never sit right again. picture this if you were to take a seat out and stick it on the ground with the air bag underneath it and wired the air bag to go off it would send the seat at least ten if not fifteen feet in the air. Now you want that going up your ***... don't thinks so
Old 01-22-2009
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

DIY Ejection seat!!!!!!!
Hope you got a sunroof...
Old 01-22-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

LOL... or maybe you could find someone with an lx that wasnt to put in rsx seats with side airbags and then you guys could switch your modules.
Old 01-22-2009
Registered!!

Okay i think ill go to an auto electrician and get it done properly because i don't want to muck up this and end up being impalled on my steering wheel or getting ejected through my roof.lol
thank you for all your help.
cheers
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

Dave1187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Help removing my seats

I have removed my old seats out of my civic 2004 and put type r seats in out of 2004 type r and now the air bag light is on how do i get it off? can any one help? or point me in the right direction, the type r seats do not have air bags in so theres no place for the sensor

please help

David
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

Any time you turn the car on with the side airbag unplug it will throw the airbag light it will also disable all the rest of your air bags. you need to bridge the air bag connector with a resistor I don't know what size, ohm, type, whatever but I know it can be done It is posted some were try searching s2ooo steering wheel install I think some mentions what resistor to stick ion the line.

To get the air bag light to go out(mind you this will only work if your airbags are plugged in or you have put the right resistor in the line) you have to jumper the EMS or MES (can't remember the name) which is a small yellow connector on the fuse panel under the dash and turn the ignition key to the on position x # of times. I think I have the link written down some were I will try to find but I can't promise anything.
Old 01-24-2009
Registered!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...srs-light.html

here is the link on how to reset the air bag light I just used a paper clip last time

it works on 01 to 05 civics also
Old 01-26-2009
Registered!!

NitroBurner9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently also wondering the removal of seats. I won a 2002 ex in the US. Roberts have you had luck or feedback from your install?