General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

4 pin --> 5 pin O2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheWrightJeep is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 4 pin --> 5 pin O2 sensors

I swapped out my D15B7 (94 DX) and for a D15Z1 (93 VX) this past weekend. I replaced the ECU too with the D15Z1 original ECU. The car runs pretty good except for a idle surging problem. I'm going to tackle that this weekend hopefully. But I have 3 questions/concerns I hope I can get help on...

1)I heard I need to convert my 4 pin O2 sensor to a 5 pin O2 sensor, how badly will this effect my car? Not too worried about power, just mpg since it is my commuter car. I'd love to keep my brand new 4 pin since a 5 pin will cost $200 for the sensor and $35 for the conversion harness!

2)My DX engine wiring harness doesn't have a connection for the VX EGR valve, how important will it be to leave it unhooked? My DX didn't have one, I believe.

3)Can anyone tell me or show me a vacuum diagram? I have 4 vacuum ports on the Z1 engine that unused that the B7 doesn't have. Both engines don't exactly match up with vacuum routing. Heres where my open ports are at...
-Back side of the intake (behind the TB, rather small)
-Bottom side of the intake (large)
-Last port behind the thermostat housing, behind two coolant lines (large)
-One top of the EGR valve (small)

I hope these descriptions are helpful, I don't like plugging vacuum ports! I might go to a local dealer ship who has a VX and see if I can look off that, doubt it though.

Thanks for the help in advance! I miss my 40mpg DX! versus my 14mpg Jeep...