General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Hooking up HHO again.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice
Re: Hooking up HHO again.

Originally Posted by Cleft_Asunder
Usually use? How do you know? I bet most of them use cheap oil from the store. Most people don't want to go to a restaurant and ask for their oil. But this is all conjecture, I don't know for certain.
I make biodiesel for my truck at home for about $1.50 a gallon. I use waste vegetable oil from a deli down the street. No impact on food prices unless you drink used fryer oil. Restaraunts love to get rid of their waste oil for free.
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

dmastri is an unknown quantity at this point

where does the flux capacitor go?
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dmastri
where does the flux capacitor go?
Up your butt.
Old 09-21-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Up your butt.
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

JrBK is an unknown quantity at this point

Cleft_Asunder

Thanks for all that great information! The pictures are a big help and your explenation is super.

One correction: It's page 11-52 not 11-152

I totally missed the small plug in the firewall. It's hidden behind some electrical connector and what looks like a vuccum line that runs from the cruice control, etc. I found it and it will work perfectly.

I like the idea of tapping into the fuse box. I may try to find an empty one. If not then I will get the double fuse holder/extender like you suggest. From there I will go into a toggle switch and then to the HHO Generator. This way I can control when it is used, etc.

The connection at the ECU is perfect. I have a simply MAP Sensor Enhansor found here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=001). It only has two wires, no ground. The seller states that I just need to interupt the line from the MAP Sensor to the ECU with this device. Since this is the case I believe that don't need to mess with the ground wire.

I did a quick scan on the engine and am still not clear on the vacuum. I am sure after I take a good look I will find what you are talking about. I will scan the repair manual too. Thanks for the heads up.

I will be using a bubbler/scrubber. It serves as a flashback arrestor as well as a scrubber to clean the HHO before it goes into the vacuum. I need to put the generator below the bubbler. I like the location you chose for the generator. I will most likely locate the bubbler/scrubber near where the intake air duct, in front of the wheel well.

Thanks again for your help. I hope to get it hooked up by this weekend and will let you know how it came out. I will be posting pictures, etc. as well.
Old 09-21-2008
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of lightCleft_Asunder is a glorious beacon of light

Check the 5th pic. The cylinder next to the HHO gen is the EVAP. The hose coming out of it leads to the groin of the intake. Tap into it past the EVAP sensor. Also, I was refering to the under dash fuel holder. I wasn't able to do anything with the fuse holder under the engine bay. *shrug*

Well ****, I need to stop the HHO project again. I threw the idle air control system error again, but this time while running the HHO generator unlike the pervious times that I threw a code before the HHO was even run for the first time. But this is trivial for me right now. What's significant is that my header is cracked badly and It's probably causing back-pressure problems. Wheather this has to do with the error code, I don't know, but I need to replace it.

Also, my fuel filter has 30k on it and I noticed today that the engine is hiccuping. I ran it hard and it went away. I should be running FP60 through it more often, but I don't. Regardless, filter needs to be replaced at 30k, and luckily I bought a new one from majestic. My gas mileage hasn't been too great lately (35-36 highway) before the weather turned cold. I should be getting 40-41 in hot weather.

I will still post results of my MPG this round. I ran it for about 150-160 miles, and I've driven 270 miles on this tank. I am refilling at the same pump, so results should be accurate. Whatever the results, it can at least give a clue on weather it works.

Last edited by Cleft_Asunder; 09-21-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

I didn't notice any MPG gain when I ran it, just so you guys know. Either an oxygen sensor mod is needed (as some claim), or it doesn't work. I got about 36mpg and that was majority hwy. Also, it should be noted that I have been getting poor gas mileage for the past 1-2 months or so. I normally get about 38-41 mostly highway. Maybe it's the Texaco fuel I'm using, or maybe my fuel filter needs to be changed since I'm at 30k. Actually, I think my clutch is slipping too so it's like how am I even supposed to test anything?

*Has no money's.*
Old 09-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol i feel your pain man
Old 09-29-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

I didn't notice any MPG gain when I ran it, just so you guys know. Either an oxygen sensor mod is needed (as some claim), or it doesn't work. I got about 36mpg and that was majority hwy. Also, it should be noted that I have been getting poor gas mileage for the past 1-2 months or so. I normally get about 38-41 mostly highway. Maybe it's the Texaco fuel I'm using, or maybe my fuel filter needs to be changed since I'm at 30k. Actually, I think my clutch is slipping too so it's like how am I even supposed to test anything?

*Has no money's.*
Not trying to be a dick but as I have said before in theory this shouldn't work. If you still believe in it though I hope you get your car fixed and can continue your experiments.
Old 10-02-2008
Registered!!

Cleft_Asunder,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties

I just got my hands on the $100.00 Water4Gas book and plan to read through it. I have read lots of information on Water4Gas but it's only been what others have written about it and has been choppy at best.

I haven't had the time to get my system hooked up but am getting closer. Your information about the connections to the computer in the passanger compartment is great. I found the wire harness and the connection and it matches the diagrams you directed me to. What I am working on now is building a good generator. I hooked up one that I purchased on eBay but it doesn't work. I bought it form a novis.

I found a site that shows you how to build a $10 generator. He has lots of videos posted of how to do it and what his expereince has been.

Here's the videos: http://www.searcypress.com/fuelcell/index.html

Here's the discussion board: http://www.searcypress.com/forum/

Check it out and let me know what you think.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by JrBK
Cleft_Asunder,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties

I just got my hands on the $100.00 Water4Gas book and plan to read through it. I have read lots of information on Water4Gas but it's only been what others have written about it and has been choppy at best.

I haven't had the time to get my system hooked up but am getting closer. Your information about the connections to the computer in the passanger compartment is great. I found the wire harness and the connection and it matches the diagrams you directed me to. What I am working on now is building a good generator. I hooked up one that I purchased on eBay but it doesn't work. I bought it form a novis.

I found a site that shows you how to build a $10 generator. He has lots of videos posted of how to do it and what his expereince has been.

Here's the videos: http://www.searcypress.com/fuelcell/index.html

Here's the discussion board: http://www.searcypress.com/forum/

Check it out and let me know what you think.
What do you mean it doesn't work? Oh and I hope you didn't pay 100 for that water4gas book, because I could have given it to you free. Shoot, did you ask for it in an earlier post? Can't remember.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

screwface is an unknown quantity at this point

it takes 50-70% more electrical energy to perform electrolysis than the thermal energy gained from combustion of the final product. when the electrical energy used to create that hydrogen is produced by the running of your engine (i.e. burning gasoline,) there is consequently a net energy loss. how then, do you propose to be improving mileage?

what really gets my goat is that the people supporting this HHO crap can't explain things in mathematical terms, only fancy buzzword and acronyms like "HHO." the people that say it won't work have the law of physics on their side; the people that say it will work have the word of an internet scam artist and so far no mathematical evidence to explain to me what car company manufactures an alternator that can compensate for such an incredibly inefficient process.
Old 10-04-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

did you read his last few posts? he said he gained no extra mpg after trying it.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
did you read his last few posts? he said he gained no extra mpg after trying it.
What I want to know is if it didn't work because I didn't have an 02 sensor mod. So I feel that we can't just jump to conclusions without fully testing it.
Old 10-04-2008
Premium Member

i think on todays cars, its just not gonna be effective without extensive mods to the ecu. right now the car is burning the new gas yes, but it doesnt know so there is no adjustment or anything to the fuel trim. basically like turning your headlights on when the sun is shining lol
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

What do you mean it doesn't work? Oh and I hope you didn't pay 100 for that water4gas book, because I could have given it to you free. Shoot, did you ask for it in an earlier post? Can't remember.
I didn't pay $100 for the Water4Gas info.

The reason my cell didn't work is becuase the guy I bought it from didn't build it right. It doesn't produce HHO! I'm in the process of getting my money back. He used a glass jar with two rods that don't produce HHO, even when I use more baking soda than recomended. The rods are too far apart to produce HHO..
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

I didn't pay $100 for the Water4Gas info.

The reason my cell didn't work is becuase the guy I bought it from didn't build it right. It doesn't produce HHO! I'm in the process of getting my money back. He used a glass jar with two rods that don't produce HHO, even when I use more baking soda than recomended. The rods are too far apart to produce HHO..
How far are you willing to go into this? I've got the generator in the pics just sitting in the cabinet. I'm still curious but I have no money to take this further and my top priority right now is addressing other car repairs. My car works without throwing codes now and runs great, but I need new axles (CV joints ain't happy because boots are torn), cracked header (180+ dollars), possibly a new trany but don't know.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

How far are you willing to go into this? I've got the generator in the pics just sitting in the cabinet. I'm still curious but I have no money to take this further and my top priority right now is addressing other car repairs. My car works without throwing codes now and runs great, but I need new axles (CV joints ain't happy because boots are torn), cracked header (180+ dollars), possibly a new trany but don't know.
I'm determined to get it hooked up before winter. I have slowed down the progress in an attempt to learn a little bit more about my car as well as build myself a generator that will work, like the one I found at the website I referenced a few posts ago. I have most everything I need to do it, I just need to get a couple more parts.

Like I said, the info you provided is invaluable. I haven't installed my MAP Sensor enhansor yet. It will be the last thing I do. I don't have a ton of time, lately but hope to get'er done!

I finally talked to my mechanic about it and he said he's heard about it but didn't know too much. I sent him the water4gas info. He is very busy so he wants me to let him know what I come up with. He said he would help me get mine hooked up.

At this point the only engine issue I need to correct is an extremely low idle. I just changed the fuel filter in hopes to help. It did but I need to adjust the idle to get it higher. It has great acceleration but idels pretty low.

Around town I am getting around 30mpg. When I first got the car I got 40mpg on the trip home from purchasing it. I would love to see that that jump up to 45mpg - 55mpg. From what I read, that is a realistic expectation.

I will stay in touch about it.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

no text.

Last edited by Cleft_Asunder; 10-04-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

I'm determined to get it hooked up before winter. I have slowed down the progress in an attempt to learn a little bit more about my car as well as build myself a generator that will work, like the one I found at the website I referenced a few posts ago. I have most everything I need to do it, I just need to get a couple more parts.

Like I said, the info you provided is invaluable. I haven't installed my MAP Sensor enhansor yet. It will be the last thing I do. I don't have a ton of time, lately but hope to get'er done!

I finally talked to my mechanic about it and he said he's heard about it but didn't know too much. I sent him the water4gas info. He is very busy so he wants me to let him know what I come up with. He said he would help me get mine hooked up.

At this point the only engine issue I need to correct is an extremely low idle. I just changed the fuel filter in hopes to help. It did but I need to adjust the idle to get it higher. It has great acceleration but idels pretty low.

Around town I am getting around 30mpg. When I first got the car I got 40mpg on the trip home from purchasing it. I would love to see that that jump up to 45mpg - 55mpg. From what I read, that is a realistic expectation.

I will stay in touch about it.
When I bought my car, it was neglected pretty bad and I was getting 35 tops. The tires in the inside were at the secondary rubber, while the outside still had some tread. Tire psi? Forget about it! It had major balancing issues at 70mph+, and needed an alignment. Spark plugs were in a state of "wow, the car can produce sparks with these?" The lady who owned this car had this like... antenna on the back window, and not only was it slamming against the window producing a really annoying sound, but it made a wistling noise. It's like, how stupid and unconscious are you? And then she had this alarm in the car that someone installed for her, and I'm thinking how she doesn't give a damn about taking care of the car, yet she doesn't want it to get stolen? Huh?

So, check your tires and make sure they are wearing evenly. I'm talking about inner and out tread hear, not height! Also, look at the tread and judge which tires have the highest tread. The least worn tires should go in the front so that they repel water more effeciently, and provide a safer ride during rain. I recommend 30-35psi in winter, and 35-38 in summer. Make sure car is aligned.

After removing coils from each plugs, blow out chambers with an air compressor. Check spark plug gap. It should be about .044 from what I recall. Replace plugs with stock non-plat NGK's listed in your manual if necessary. Reinstall CLEAN plugs at 13 foot pounds. Replace plug coils, distributor cap, and rotor.

You got the fuel filter so that's good. Now buy a gallon of FP60 to clean out your fuel lines and become a believer.
Old 10-04-2008
Registered!!

Anyone have a coupon code for FP60?
Old 10-18-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

anyone know if getting like an afc/safc/vafc or even emanage could tune this for perfect performance. I know the technology is shady at best but i honestly think this could work. it makes a lot of sense. About the electrical draw how would this be any different from running subs and a high power amp? it isnt. I honestly thing hho has serious potential just need someone whose really commited to it.

im in university taking engineering and i hope to be able to play around with this idea soon.
Old 10-18-2008
Premium Member

Anyone have a coupon code for FP60?
they cancelled all the coupons

vafc only adjusts air/fuel and only to a certain point. also i heard that the ecu will eventually compensate for the changes made because its only a piggyback and not a full replacement ecu. i dont think it would work properly.
Old 10-31-2008
Registered!!

colinjlyon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, i JUST found this forum, and im glad i did. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH WATER4GAS, its garbage, its dangerous, the cell design is a big resistor, i guarantee that thing leaks hydrogen gas, and your going to end up thinking that ALL this technology is a fraud.

Hydroxy supplementation is real and it works. i know i have a really nice cell installed in my 1996 Civic. you can see the install here. if your car is not a piece of junk, you dont want to dirty it up with soldered trimpots stray wires, and radio shack project boxes. check out http://www.viecofuel.com or www.hydroxycorp.net for REAL hydroxy boosters with a fully electronically controlled cell that has adaptions to vary the amount of hydroxy produced through an OBD2 port according to the engines RPM.

Dude, water4gas is crap, save your self some of your life that you will never get back. i started there and i do regret it. i got like $4000 in the hole making crap until i found these guys.

your going to have this

what you want is this

Last edited by colinjlyon; 10-31-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 10-31-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^this thread was dead man...
Old 10-31-2008
Registered!!

i thought the date was Sep 2008, Was sep 2002~!! lmao
Old 10-31-2008
Registered!!

Elcapitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy a cheap Hobbs 4070-2(Stewart Warner) vacuum switch. Hook a vacuum line to it and mount it on a grounded area. hook your _ ground wire to it. When you shut your engine down, it shuts you HHO off too. That is it. Safest and best way to go.
Old 11-01-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

IDK what tests everyone has done or what their setups were but I have a few friends that make legit, supplimental hydrogen fuel cells that actually work phenominal. The design is solid. These guys commute with early 90s cars and picked up 5-10 mpg. Not sure how it would work on obd2 but for the odb1 cars it seems to be working out quite well for them. They prototyped them themselves, they arent like these ebay gimmick type kits or what not. These things can be a bomb quite quickly I advise people to use extreme caution with hydrogen fuel cells and be very carefull on your baking soda content, just a little extra in a good setup can be a very tragic mistake.
Old 11-01-2008
Registered!!

The safest way to have your hydroxy turn on and off is to have it triggered by something that turns on and off not with the key but with the engine. in almost every case this will be the oil pressure sensor. the Alexis Cell and Kit by Hydroxy Technologies has this safety switch built in to the power box that only allows production when the Engine is actually running. this way if your vehicle stalls, or god forbid, you get into an accident and are knocked unconscious, when your vehicle stops running you arent flooding your engine compartment with explosive vapor.

Alexis HHO Computer
Old 12-01-2008
Registered!!

http://www.hydroxycanada.com/Forum/3...nda_Civic.html

Quick Reply: Hooking up HHO again.