General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Replaced my broken motor mount.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Replaced my broken motor mount.

Ok everybody, thanks for all your help on my last thread. Just like several other, it disappeared into the mysterious abyss that is the Internets.

I got the motor mount delivered yesterday, pulled it out, took in a whiff of that new Honda part smell, then started installing.

First I tried looking for the right sockets, which I had one, I think it was a 14 mm, the other larger one, needed to be a deep socket 17, which I didn't have, but I had an 11/16's which was very close, so I just used that everything seemed fine.

The old one came off pretty easy, I used a roll of paper as leverage, I need to get a pipe/whatever for leverage... The old one was crazy broken, there's like a huge chunk of rubber missing, I'll take pictures if anyone wants to see it.

Here's the surprising part, I couldn't get the new motor mount in without jacking the engine up! I tried, but I couldn't get all of the bolts and nuts in place, even loosely. So whatever, I jacked the engine up a bit badda bing, put the new mount in, badda boom, done.

When I started up the car and took it for a spin, I was surprised how much of a difference one motor mount makes! It was much smoother, and much less "hard" inbetween shifts! I'm glad I got it replaced....

next week I'm going to get the input shaft bearing replaced and then the whole car will drive like it did like two years ago!

Thank you to all the people who posted in my last thread to help me out with the fix!

picture:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brokenmount.jpg
Views:	1396
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	74682  

Last edited by Eyger; 08-09-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Replaced my broken motor mount.

You're welcome!

Now spend another $25 and get some energy suspension motor mount inserts for the front and rear and be even more amazed by how nice it is to drive a car who's motor doesn't move at all!
Old 08-09-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

^I going to do that for sure. I think I'm also going to get an ingalls stiffy...
Old 08-09-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Rock the mounts first, you will probably see that you won't need a stiffy after the mounts. Mine is just there for show at this point. I tested the car with it in and out just recently. No difference.
Old 08-09-2008
A long winded 7th genr

That's cool. Thanks for the tip. I would probably go without it since I always thought it kinda cluttered the bay too much.
Old 08-09-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I have an extra of that mount
Old 08-10-2008
A long winded 7th genr

You have extra energy suspension mounts? Or the stock one?
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

****, I have both
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

glad it got fixed bro and that you like the ride again