General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

auto tranny controller

Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute
Question auto tranny controller

ok guys i know how much everyone hates the auto transmissions but was wondering if anyone can tell me about some of these controllers to make them shift when you hit a button or whatever. I was looking at : http://www.tcugo.com/

http://awshifting.com/index.html

I like the looks of the tcugo controller and all the options it has but its a little more expensive and its out of stock. i emailed them asking about it but the havent responded. now the aw is cheaper and i think i could have fun making up all my own switches and stuff but it doesnt have a pressure control. so i what are your guys thoughts? also im planning on getting an overhaul kit and torque converter this summer. im just trying to get some of the "slush" ot of the transmission
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point
auto tranny controller

I was also interested in getting one off the controllers out off
http://www.tcugo.com/ after a little research I found he no longer makes them....
he hasn't been making them for over a year already.
and that sucks I really wanted one.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute
did you find something similar? the only thing i have seen thats similar is the PCS controller and thats way to involved i guess you would say. I mean its really nice but its more complex then i can handle and a little expensive.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

also is their any thoughts on the level 10 product? http://www.levelten.com/store/import...shiftronic.htm
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
subworm07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: auto tranny controller

actually I need a fine a few things that was similar I will try to find the names i believe I still have them bookmark in my desktop...
but i haven't gotten one yet.. still hoping I can find something better..
I haven't heard off the level 10 product PTS Shiftronic
but I will read up on it...
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

subscribed, This looks interesting.
Old 03-20-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

yea im subscribed as well, this could be a great alternative to autos like us
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

khanselman is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man! I've always wondered if they made something like this! Awesome. I'm subscribing... hopefully someone can find one that sounds as good at the TCUgo.. that sounded really cool.. just wish he would start building them again!
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I have $$$$$$$, I will pay $$$.$$
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

well i sent emails to level ten and AWshifting asking about applications , features , and possible group buys prices. im curious to see what they say. im leaning towards the level ten but im not sure if it has buttons that i can put on the steering wheel or paddles or if its a box with buttons i have to push. also if i can turn it off when i want to.i also asked the awshifting if he can make it control shift firmness. thanks for all the interest makes me feel not so alone with my auto tranny
Old 03-21-2007
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light

the pcs is more for boosted cars.
Old 03-21-2007
i love my morreale

eddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of lighteddiechaps is a glorious beacon of light

but i'd love to have one of these pts things in my car.
Old 03-21-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute

subscribed
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

ok well level ten sent me this email:

HELLO,
THE SHIFT TRONIC IS A BUTTON UNIT WITH A TOGGLE SWITCH TO LOCK OR UNLOCK
THE CONVERTER. IT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR STREET USE DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU
NEED TO UNPLUG THE FACTORY HARNESS. IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS,
PLEASE GIVE US A CALL.

MIKE
LEVEL 10 TECH
973-827-1000

so im guessing that means its buttons on a box with a toggle. i think thats what he means. also says you have to unplug the factory harness so im guessing it would throw codes if we tried to use it on the street i duno.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road

PCS Auto Transmission controller.

They are willing to develop harnesses for any application.

How to develop a new transmission application:

Powertrain Control Solutions is very interested in developing new transmission applications. To support a new transmission, Powertrain Control Solutions needs to obtain wiring harness information and the shift logic for your transmission (which can usually be found in the factory service manual for your transmission). If you are interested in working with Powertrain Control Solutions to accommodate a transmission not currently supported, please call or email us at sales@powertraincontrolsolutions.com.

Last edited by ricanswt; 03-21-2007 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

it sounds amazing if i understood how it worked... i downloaded the software a while back to look at it and pissing on an electrical fence made more sense to me. the unit is 700 and the harness is another 150. so its a little out of my price range. thats why i was looking into the other controllers because i figured there has to be a cheaper one with less features because i know i wouldnt use them all or know how to.im leaning towards the awshifting now because its cheaper and very customizable.
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

khanselman is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe if we beg and plead with the guy at TCUgo and get enough people willing to get one, we will come out of "retirement" and make a couple?!?!?! (btw, that was my dreams floating into a post.. sorry).....
Old 03-22-2007
Registered!!

i agree that would be awesome assuming the price isnt horribly large... like the PCS... if its about the same as the PTS that would be amazing.... somebody should see if they can get ahold of him.. i tried once but ya..
Old 03-23-2007
Registered!!

here is the email i was sent from AWshifting:

It will work on a 2001 Civic, though I would need to locate a good wiring diagram for that vehicle, could you perhaps help with that? The controller is designed to be used with 4 LEDs so that all 4 light up in fourth gear, 3 light up in third gear, 2 in second gear, and only 1 in first gear. I do not currently have a setup to control shift pressure and it will remain controlled by the ECU.

Thanks for your interest and let me know if you have any other questions,

Brett
--

sooo its looking more and more like his set up
Old 03-23-2007
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice

if this goes through I will most def will be going boost with this. thing i worry though is will my at blow
Old 03-23-2007
Registered!!

you can always do the overhaul kit umm i have a link for it somewhere its like 202 dollars i think...
http://www.lonestarracing.com/cgi-bi...CI-559100.html
this is the lowest price and i have heard great things about it. i need to scrap up another 100 dollars before i get the controller.. i going to pawn some stuff.. does anyone know if there is a cruise control unit ( the buttons) that will go on the left side of the wheel? im looking at a small up down toggle switch similar size to the cruise control to put on the right side. any other ideas on where to mount the buttons? i have be thinking about it while driving and i think that will be the most reachable with out getting in the way of driving.. anyone know where to find the wiring diagram for our cars? im goign to search around right now but i thought i might ask in case some one knew of one.
Old 03-24-2007
Registered!!

kLouD is an unknown quantity at this point

interesting but swapping a transmission to a sportshift still isnt the same without the clutch, i think. but it would be an improvement then just pedalling all day everyday. and to be honest, im sick of my automatic D;<
Old 03-24-2007
Registered!!

im sick of my auto too but i dont have the money to do a full swap so for about 160 and an afternoon of tearing crap apart i will have something different lol
Old 03-26-2007
Registered!!

ok so i got my last paycheck and have the money for the aw controller. i have been looking and cant find any wiring diagrams. do you guys know where to find them? also do you guys know of any cruise control button set ups that are on the left side of the wheel? it would be nice to still get to use my cruise control. i think its in the best space to have my shifting buttons. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

i dont know how to help ya, but good luck man, i will be pushing for ya, that u get everything to work out right
Old 03-27-2007
Registered!!

well i have to thank gearbox. he didnt find the diagrams but he made me realize i downloaded the manual when i first came to this site and i think i found all the diagrams i need. so i will keep you guys updated on everything once i get all my switches and everything ordered. thanks again gearbox for jogging my memory
Old 03-27-2007
Registered!!

kLouD is an unknown quantity at this point

good luck to you all
Old 04-25-2007
Registered!!

alright so here is the current status. I attempting to install the controller this afternoon. I got everything connected and when i turn the key (accessory) the D light in the dash flashes and the check engine light comes on. to make things worse when you shift into reverse and Drive it clunks into gear really bad. With everything connected to the ecu still and power taken from the controller the car will run fine and without check engine light. I left everything connected and just took the power off so i can drive it tomorrow ( i drove it around for a while to make sure everything was alright). I email the guy at AWshifting a few mins ago with all the details to my install so hopefully he will responde by tomorrow afternoon. Im hoping i mixed up a couple wires or something and it will be a quick fix so i can finish the mounting off all my switches and buttons. I will keep you guys updated.
Old 04-25-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

awesome man...
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

DieselDrummer is on a distinguished road

I just drove in my second rallyx this past weekend, and everytime i braked/got to a turn, it shifted to 2nd, so when I wanted to get going again I had a lot of wasted time shifting back to 1st, or staying in second. My friend has an auto 2.5RS, and his has a 1,2,and 3 selector, so he has no problem staying in 1st. If only Honda had done that as well. Is there a cheaper/easier method to get the tranny to stay in first? I don't know how everything works, but if there is someway that could just reprogram the TCU so that 2nd is 1st and D3 is 2nd on the gear selector, that would be awesome.
Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: auto tranny controller