General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

nology hotwires

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MotorWeb EM2 is an unknown quantity at this point
nology hotwires

does anyone have or have a picture of an 01-05 civic with nology hotwires installed. i really need to see how they look when they are on because i am having trouble with figuring out if i installed them correctly. please help. thanks
Old 12-13-2006
Crawlin Similar To An Ant Low To Da Earth

Nokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura aboutNokturnl has a spectacular aura about
Rotfl!!!
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
post a pics of what you've got bro.. i'll tell you if its good. It'll be hard to find pics like that... what do you think u did wrong?
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

ill put pics up after i get back from work. but it just seems like it is mounted wrong. the brackets and stuff i mean. i know i put the wire and plug in right, but the rest looks weird. ill put up a pic tonight though.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
i gots to see this
Old 12-13-2006
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
seeing this pic is just gonna kill ppl....
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
im tryin to figure how and what the hell he has done and who told him it would work.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

rutscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAH no wires on em...try coil packs
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

he might have the special edition d17 with the high output distributor
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

HAHA
Honda Civic Ex SPEC. ED.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Waiting for the pictures!!!!!!!!

HURRY WE CANT HELP YOU WITHOUT PICTURES!!!
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
By any chance are you having trouble finding where to plug the other ends in?? The distributors in these cars are tiny. You may hafta take it to the dealership. Just ask them where it is, they will show ya. hehe
Old 12-13-2006
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
post some pics.. i'll help you out..
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

this dude is sittin at his pc readin this thread like, wtf are these guys talkin about? the guy from summit said these are the ones for my car.
Old 12-13-2006
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rutscivic
HAHA
Honda Civic Ex SPEC. ED.
haha.. just saw that..
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

post pics PLEAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

pics yo. someone will be able to help
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

civic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura aboutcivic05acer has a spectacular aura about
yea need pics cuz i have no idea what you just said
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
easy guys.. just help the guy out instead..
Old 12-13-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
easy guys.. just help the guy out instead..
yea... i was thinking about it when i put my first post on this thread.. this kinda **** is why people are starting to hate coming here..

hey guy, just to help you out, those wires wont work for our cars.. we have no distributor.. in order to get teh same effect, you're gonna have to swap out for some upgraded coil packs, but they're hella expensive and pretty much not worth it.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

here are the pics. it seems like this was the only logical way to install them. this was the only way that the bracket would fit. it just doesnt look right though. and for all the people that are gonna give me crap. i didnt pay for these. nology sent them to me for free. so i didnt waste any money. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

the kit says that it is made for honda civic 01-04 so i know it was made for my car. is there some other part that i need to make this work. like from nology, because nology will send it for free to me. if anyone wants to go to nology.com and let me know if there is something else i need to get to make this normal...i would say work, but it works, the car starts and runs, but it just doesnt look right. am i supposed to run the hot wires directly to something in the engine, cause i didnt find anything.
Old 12-13-2006
Administrator
Administrator

hmm.. i didnt know nology made **** for our car.. why'd you get them for free?

edit: went on the site, and for one, it lists "01-06 civic" instead of 01-05, so.. yea.. also, there's no engine type listed for our car..

you can prolly follow the ones for the RSX and rig it to fit the 01-5 civics...
http://www.nology.com/images/rsxinstallinstr.gif

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 12-13-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 12-13-2006
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
not sure, maybe try putting the stock "wire cover" back on to ide some of the wires. but while im here, what exactly is the gain from doing this?
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

well. for starters i am sponsored by MotorWeb.com they are making my car a full show car. so there are multiple companys that i have affiliate sponsorships with (pretty much meaing other companies give me stuff for free as well as MotorWeb) and nology is one of them. as well as k-sport, ingalls, plasma glow, NRG Innovations, and a few others, and more and more are becoming a part of it. so yeah. thats why its free.
Old 12-13-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by MotorWeb EM2
well. for starters i am sponsored by MotorWeb.com they are making my car a full show car. so there are multiple companys that i have affiliate sponsorships with (pretty much meaing other companies give me stuff for free as well as MotorWeb) and nology is one of them. as well as k-sport, ingalls, plasma glow, NRG Innovations, and a few others, and more and more are becoming a part of it. so yeah. thats why its free.
cool, cool.. but yea.. you can follow the rsx/civic si instructions (because it pretty much works the same) and modify the instructions to work with a 1.7L civic
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

^ 2002civiclx2002

here's what it says on there site for gains from it.

"Nology HotWires are the most technologically advanced ignition wires available. HotWires create the most powerful spark possible. HotWires are engineered with a special built-in capacitor, exclusive only to HotWires. This revolutionary design allows energy from the ignition coil to accumulate in the capacitor until the voltage at the spark plug electrodes reaches the ionization point. At that split second point the entire power of the stored spark is discharged at once, creating a spark 300 times more powerful. The result is faster, more complete combustion, and most importantly,
MORE HORSEPOWER that's 100%. Smog Legal."

"# Quicker Acceleration
# Increased Horsepower And Torque
# Higher Top Speed
# Easier Starting Engine
# Precise Ignition Timing
# Increased Fuel Mileage"

http://www.nology.com/hotwork.html

that will show u a visual of what it does. just look.

and also, the wire cover doesnt fit anymore because of the way i had to run the wires.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

^XRiCeBoYX

thats exactly what i did. i followed the rsx/si instructions. i did the same thing and just used the bracket that was supplied for mine. but my bracket was way different and it didnt really make to much sense on how to use it.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

uhhhh i knew they made it for 7thgens... i was wondering why everyone was acting like that.

Anyway.. they're installed just fine. Just take some black zip ties and put 'em around, it'll make it look neater.

Also, did you see a difference? worth it?
Old 12-14-2006
Registered!!

really. they are installed right. im not sure i like the fact that it covers up my header. i actually found nothing gained from it. i noticed no difference. the only thing i noticed is that it takes longer to start the car. which is very odd. thats like the opposite of what it was supposed to do. like it makes that noise when u turn the key right before the car starts ups...that noise takes like a second or 2 longer. like it is struggling to start. im thinkin of relocating that bracket and just welding it somewhere in my engine bay...like the firewall. that way it looks cleaner. and that nasty bracket wont be in the way of everything.

Quick Reply: nology hotwires