General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

question on front bumper removal diy article

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jameStype is an unknown quantity at this point
Question question on front bumper removal diy article

is the diy for removing the front bumper here http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=155290

the same for the 04 civic front bumper removal?

i'm going to replace my oem horn with stebel tm80/2 magnums
Old 08-21-2006
Registered!!

jay47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, I have an 04 Coupe Ex and I just ran the M3 mirrors on the side and had to take off my bumper to get to the headlights. It is actually really easy. Here's what I did if you find the otherconfusing.

1. Take out four screws holding the bumper in. They are located on the side and under the bumper close to the sides. There should only be about four and you need a phillips screwdriver to take them out.

2. Now start to take out the clips. There should be ~4 under the hood on the top. I used I small flathead screwdriver to pry the middle part of them out and then they just popped out. There should be around 8 clips on the bottom, do the same as with the top until all the clips are removed.

3. Now take the bumper near the headlights and slowly try to pry it off using a flathead screwdriver. It is held by several metal clips that hold it in right under the headlights. Use your hand to pull from the side. Once you get that off, do the other side and the top part of the bumper and you will be good to go.

4.---Important--- After you remove ur bumper, be sure to tie up the black plastic fenders in front of the wheel and the black plastic piece on the bottom to the front crash guard (the piece of metal behind the bumper) so that they don't move. This is if you plan to drive the car with the bumper off at all cuz when you hit 45 mph they will both rub the tires and the ground. I found out the hard way and had to use speaker wire to tie them to the guard.
Old 08-23-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
screwdrivers leave marks- jam ur fingers in and just pry that puppy off. Great exersize for enhanding finger grip!

Also- put some rugs down underneath where you are working so when u pry it off, it doesnt crash on the floor and give u a bunch of nicks- also great for the knees when knealing.

hope that helps.
Old 12-08-2006
video game guru

shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough
I got a problem! how do i go about removing my bumper now when i have this!

My lip is molded to the front bumper im afraid to crack it if i take out the screws on the bumper.
Old 12-08-2006
Registered!!

SDhondarider will become famous soon enoughSDhondarider will become famous soon enough
The clips are farther back and shouldn't present a problem. The clips closet to the front of the car where that little rubber trim is dont need to be removed. Just make sure to put a blanket/padding underneath your car so you dont scratch your bumper and lip.

Edit: Crap I just realized what you might mean. Do yuou mean the screws that hold the lip in place that are in the fenderwell? You might have to remove the whole fender if your scared to remove the screws.

Last edited by SDhondarider; 12-08-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-08-2006
video game guru

shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough
No i don't wanna completely remove the bumper i just need to bend it enough where i can get in under there and take off the damn light
Old 12-08-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
just be careful, you can hang the bumper but its even better if someone holds it so it doesnt bend and touch the ground. the lip will stay as part ofd the bumper, it shouldnt bend.
Old 12-09-2006
video game guru

I fixed it i bent the bumper lip still didnt touch all i gotta do now is learn how to aim the projector.
Old 12-09-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
the screws on the back of the headlights that look like they are holding bottle caps... thats how you aim them... you can use a phillips screwdriver to do this.. use the screwdriver on the bottlecap not the screw...
Old 12-11-2006
video game guru

Originally Posted by againifall
the screws on the back of the headlights that look like they are holding bottle caps... thats how you aim them... you can use a phillips screwdriver to do this.. use the screwdriver on the bottlecap not the screw...
What?? hmm i turned the screws
Old 12-11-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
^^ I got lost on that one too =/
Old 12-11-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=shadowsonic;4100280]

[QUOTE]

Started reading this...got bored and saw these. Just thought I'd comment on your ride. Looks good so far bro. Don't see a lot of green vics. Hope you got your problem fixed.