General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Bashed up my car a bit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005
...ever grinning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JesterMasque is an unknown quantity at this point
Bashed up my car a bit...

Hey everyone. Forget about how it happened cause I'm not going to tell the story again...

My car went up a wedged 3" curb, rode a little bit, and then came back down really hard. This all started with a blown rear tire in a 30 mph turn...

When I got out I found:
3 bent rims (LF, LR, RR) *steelies*
1 blown tire (LR) through the sidewall
Front caster way off... The top of the wheel was sticking out about 1.5-2"

When I scissor jacked my car up and took of the front wheel to roll it back to the shop (down the street), my buddy looked under for what was damaged and said it was a lower control arm. What else could be damaged and what price am I looking at to replace it by myself?

Then, just yesterday (this happened on Tuesday) I looked and saw to divets about the size of the bottom of your fist on the LR and FR corners of my sunroof... What does that mean?

Next, I'm using this as an excuse to get some aluminum rims and some decent tires. I got some company called Mastercraft on there right now. I'd like to get no bigger than 16" cause of my drop, but what other things do I need to worry about when selecting rims?

Thanks for your help everyone! I'll have some pics up tomarrow hopefully.

I'd appreciate any help...

Last edited by JesterMasque; 08-04-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
man that sucks. i think the things on your sunroof is what happens to ex after its been cornered hard for a while. theres a thread about it somewhere, something about sunroof dimples.
Old 08-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...unroof+dimples

theres the thread
Old 08-04-2005
...ever grinning...

Thanks! Any other advice about stuff? I'm having some problems getting responses about rim sizes etc. I don't really know which size I can go with cause of my drop.
Old 08-04-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JesterMasque
Front caster way off... The top of the wheel was sticking out about 1.5-2"

When I scissor jacked my car up and took of the front wheel to roll it back to the shop (down the street), my buddy looked under for what was damaged and said it was a lower control arm. What else could be damaged and what price am I looking at to replace it by myself?

From the sounds of it its not a Caster problem per say, but a camber problem if the top of the tire is leaning out! But either way with out seeing it in front of me its hard to say, but items to look at are...... lower control arm, knuckel, strut, hub runout, tie-rods, fender gaps(if they have changed then possible unibody damage), subframe for stress marks/bends.......................................... rough est for used stuff for it all with DIY = $200 +^^^^+ alignment
Old 08-04-2005
Registered!!

Narfcake is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct on a camber problem. I say the lower A-arm is definitely fubar, and I won't be suprised if the strut/spindle is bent too. Depending on how far into the curb you were, I won't be suprised if you bent the subframe too.

Check on the right rear suspension components too.

-- Kane
Old 08-05-2005
...ever grinning...

Yea, I'm thinking that I should assume ANYTHING untill it's broken down a bit and looked at by my dad. He knows all the components and he'll know what's up with it.