General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

REMOVAL: outside window weatherstripping (molding)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005
Civicforums Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
REMOVAL: outside window weatherstripping (molding)

there are four pieces (2/side) that run below the outside of the windows on the sedan...
does anyone know how to take these off??
Old 02-13-2005
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light
anyone?
Old 02-14-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
I need to know how to do this as well because mine got ripped by some jackasses trying to get my keys out of my car. I dont know how they did it but They have to pay for it all so I wanna try to do it myself and pocket some money.
Old 02-15-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
I would guess pull/pry from somewhere, since everything else is held on by clips in our car. Dont try that though, since Im not sure.

Did you get new stripping? Mine is all messed up from water spots. water dries to fast in this state when washing a car.
Old 02-15-2005
Civicforums Junkie

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
I would guess pull/pry from somewhere, since everything else is held on by clips in our car.
thats probably true...i just dont want to damage something if i dont have to

Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Did you get new stripping?
i need to since theres hail damage from that last big storm...ill get some new ones this weekend
Old 02-21-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Gimme a bit and I'll try and check the manual tonight....working on a big paper now. maybe towmrrow too tired nwo

Last edited by gearbox; 02-21-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Falken you should remove th inner door panel and once that is off you will see the clips that hold those moldings...

With a light you will see exactly how they clip and youll be able to pry them off without breaking anything...

Yes its a bit longer to take the door panel off but your sure that you wont scratchj your paint or bend those mouldings....

REP????
Thanks dude
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-22-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Yeah thats a pretty good post gear ..I was almost sure you could do it with out removing the window but i think its best ....
Old 02-22-2005
Civicforums Junkie

thanks Steve!!

what about the rear doors...same way??
Old 02-22-2005
Premium Member

yup just pry it off.