General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

S&B cone filter measurements

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
S&B cone filter measurements

Hey everyone, I just ordered an S&B power stack filter for my new K&N fipk intake. Measurements are 7 inch filter length and 4 inch flange ID diameter. If you have specs for other intakes, post em up. I'll let you know how the filter works out once I get it. With the powerstack design, you want to leave 1 inch of open air in front of the filter for it to work best.

Last edited by gearbox; 09-14-2004 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgoodfella1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gearbox,
Send me your email address. I want to send you some photos of my intake setup. I want your opinion. For some reason I am unable to post pictures in the forum.
Old 09-14-2004
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
berberoglu@yahoo.com
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
It looks good but how much was it
Old 09-14-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
yea where did you get it from and how much , ive been thinkin about puttin in a fipk2
Old 09-14-2004
Premium Member

Paid $52 shipped. I think it's gonna be worth it.

http://www.intenseperformance.com/pr...e_filters.html
Old 09-14-2004
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I got the same one but 5" long and 2.5" pipe diameter.
Old 09-16-2004
Stolen digital camera = no ninja picture for me

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
So you are prediciting that this new filter is going to have better flow, and provide better protection than the K&N filter that comes with the FIPKII? Im really interested to see what kind of results you are going to get. Keep us posted!
Old 09-16-2004

PoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the roughPoorCollegeBoy is a jewel in the rough
Could this potentially rectify some of the low end power loss that seems to have happened after I installed my FIPK?
Old 09-16-2004
Bodacious Member

jwalker87 is an unknown quantity at this point
you lost low-end power after installing it? I thought the FIPK was known for not loosing the low-end like other intakes.

Yes, this filter should be higher flowing and better filtering than the k&n. My FIPK gets here tomorrow, so I'll order this filter soon. Im so happy!
Old 09-16-2004
Premium Member

I lost low end power the first day, but now a few days later, the response and low end got even better. You just need to drive it so the ecu relearns fuel curves.

Yes the S&B uses 50% more cotton gauze than K&N, so you won't see any holes in the media. It also has a more advanced design that flows way more air than your motor can use. Should also be louder, but I'll know for sure when I get it.
Old 09-16-2004

Grrrr........ I just posted a response and then lost it because the page didnt load. ANYWAY, I basically just stated that I think the loss of low end torque is all in my head because before I got my Civic I drove a 1990 Toyota Camry 4 cylinder, and so my Civic felt REALLY quick at first, and now I am just getting accustomed to it. Been very pleased with the FIPK, but anything that will make it better would leave me with an even bigger smile whenever I hear that thing roar.
Old 09-18-2004
Bodacious Member

gearbox, let me know when you get the s&b filter. Im waiting to buy one until you get yours and im sure it fits.
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member

I hate waiting! I ordered some stuff Tuesday and still not here. Although it's usps so maybe today.
Old 09-18-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gearbox
I hate waiting! I ordered some stuff Tuesday and still not here. Although it's usps so maybe today.
i had 3-5 day shipping on my strut tower bar

shipped the 10th got here yesterday 7 days not 3-5
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member

THEY JUST Came!!!!! Filter and chrome amber bulbs. Woo.
Old 09-18-2004
Bodacious Member

woot! let us know how it fits
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member

Well the neck fits on perfectly, although the filter sticks forward an extra inch almost due to a longer and curved rubber neck. Still it looks and fits good, despite being a very beefy filter. I'll make a new thread with pics/review when I get home.

PS. those chrome amber bulbs SUCK. They're about 50% dimmer than the other ambers I have.
Old 09-18-2004
Bodacious Member

hmm. that sucks. The bulbs, that is. It's an inch longer, and still fits? The k&n filter that came with my FIPK is touching the fuse box; it doesnt get in the way of the s&b? Pics would be awesome.
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174021