General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

well now im looking for an alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003
cool beans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
well now im looking for an alarm

Well my car was broken into on Sat night. As most of you know I have about 600 dollars invested in guages and electronics for my turbo kit...I was surprised that they didnt steal any of it, only went after my 90 dollars cd player that came with the car. NOw that my console and part of my dash is sawed in half, I know that I am need of an alarm. I was looking for one with a pager, that notifies you when your car is being tampered with...Well any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 12-08-2003

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
are you in need of the console?

where the a/c, heat, vents, etc. is?
Old 12-09-2003
cool beans

zinkyroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes i am actually they totally destroyed mine cut off the top vents and ripped the rest halfway out
Old 12-09-2003

Vinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of lightVinh is a glorious beacon of light
do you have AIM so we can talk this out?
Old 12-09-2003

this is what i will be giving you

without the door panel and cf trim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fc_1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	15582  
Old 12-09-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man, it sounds like the thieves were amateurs and didn't know what they were doing. I could steal the entire center console in 10 seconds. The thing is just held on by clips and you can pry it right off with the deck still in it. The best thing to do after an alarm would be to remove the faceplate. At least you didn't lose much.
Old 12-09-2003

Originally posted by gearbox
Hey man, it sounds like the thieves were amateurs and didn't know what they were doing. I could steal the entire center console in 10 seconds. The thing is just held on by clips and you can pry it right off with the deck still in it. The best thing to do after an alarm would be to remove the faceplate. At least you didn't lose much.

i'm not telling you where i live
Old 12-09-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. I'm coming to get your deck, lol. I'm just saying cause I removed mine to change the dash lights. I really got into protecting my car. Here is more that you can do.

-Second hidden siren (louder means more people will hear it, and thieves won't know where it is to disable it).

-Disconnect the remote trunk release

-tie down your trunk from the inside if you don't use it.

Chances are, the thief won't know how your civic comes apart. That's why your console was torn up.
Old 12-09-2003

Aether_03EX is an unknown quantity at this point
That sucks, that's the kind of stuff that puts me in the market for a security system...If I had anything I'd hook you up, but, I'll be praying for you, hope everything works out
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

civicmorph is an unknown quantity at this point
I recommend a clifford with the pager, it's known to be one of the best brands in alarms
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

NucRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
The recommendations of gearbox are right on but you will still need to add some more gadgets.

A battery operated Siren, two if you have room.
Battery backup for the Alarm itself.
Pizeo Alarms hidden inside the car, if you ever had them and tried working in your car with them going off you will know what I mean.
And 1 Big Dog for night time security watch.
Old 12-09-2003
No Title

maxsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by civicmorph
I recommend a clifford with the pager, it's known to be one of the best brands in alarms
From what i hear, Clifford is one of the best. Sorry, know how you feel.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

iluvbritney is an unknown quantity at this point
yea clifford is the best, i just spent 1500 on the clifford AG5...expensive but worth it.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

opto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura aboutopto_isolator has a spectacular aura about
I want one, but I don't want to pay that much - that's rediculous. Especially since most places won't sell it without installation - which sucks because I can do it myself!
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
viper, if the antenna is installed properly you can get good range . and if you wanted to you can get the 790vx wiht the 2 way transmitter . my car was broken into and i install the alarms . funny thing is i was gonna put that transmitter remote into my car that night but didnt wanna spend the 100 bux to do it , so after my 100 deductible and the 800 in dvds that were stolen outta my car and about 3 bux in toll change later ....

if ya get ony with a long range antenna ( viper super hf, xf or the new 790 run the antenna to just under your mirror and get the extra wire to no coil thats what kills most range on alarms
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

ohh yeah clifford, viper (DEI as a hole), and avatial andone other i cant reember are the same brand so which ever one you get its basically has a brother in the line . and yes they are someof the best alarms out there . its not the alarm 8 times outa 10 its the installer
Old 12-09-2003
Premium Member

I spent alot on my viper with backup bettery. Don't get a proximity sensor--it will just become annoying.

Just don't leave anything in plain site and secure your goods. Interior sirens are okay, but you don't want them to go off when YOU are in it. Someone said a rattlesnake in the trunk was good.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

i like the rattle snake idea, the prox can be a pain in the *** ... if its not set right .. so honestly dont waste your money on that ... the back up battery can be pimp, so can a mini piezo siren inside that thing is loud as pee pee
Old 12-09-2003
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
a lot of bad luck stories are going around, here around school ive heard about people getting there cars stilen(90 integra) and had there subs and stuff taken out of their truck or whatever, people just suck sometimes, an alarm is a good idea, but its better to make things noticable cause if they still break your window or something still sucks then, and if your worried about your car actually being stolen get something to put on the cluck or brake so they cant start the car
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a python alarm and its great, not sure the model number... but I also have the motion sensor and I highly recomend them because if some one even comes up to your car to look in or somthing it starts beeping at them, and if they dont leave it starts going off
Old 12-09-2003
Bushido

MrWong is an unknown quantity at this point
Compustar...pretty decent with 2 way LCD pager
Old 12-09-2003
Premium Member

Proximity gives too many false alarms. If a bird or squirrel goes under the car, it will go off. Not a good idea, cause noone will look when it's a real break in.
Old 12-09-2003
Registered!!

Dr5D is an unknown quantity at this point
mine does not do that and its parked in the street alot, now if a big truck drives by......