General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Blue gauge needles and hyper amber interior!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Blue gauge needles and hyper amber interior!!

Hey people,

This is a project I've been working on for some time now. My 02 cluster got ruined, and I ended up using alot of parts from the 01 cluster. I have a sedan, so I finally decided to do the interior lights a bright amber color. I just removed all the factory gels and condoms and cleared the gauge faces with acetone.

I then decided on blue gauge needles, which you must have an 01 cluster to do. It was a huge pain trying to do this with an 02. Eventually, I'll post a DIY if you guys want. Onto the pics! The camera didn't exactly get the color right. It's a really bright, true amber color. Blue needles are from LEDs. The amber on everything matches, and I've got a pioneer deck with OEL that matches pretty well. I'll post new pics later.

Old 12-06-2003
Since 2002 Baby!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Not bad. I took the orange gel thing off on the temp *****/ fan and defrost button under the radio. It looks like a light white, like your pic. But I give you props on the needles.
Old 12-06-2003
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
looks sweet
Old 12-06-2003
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I thought more people would be interested in this. I've read tons of posts about people wanting needles like this. Oh well.

Last edited by gearbox; 12-07-2003 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
DUDE!!!! You need to PM me or email me and let me know or even IM me cause I wanna know about that. I tried to do this with my Saturn but the needles weren't a clear Lexan, I was workin on it with other needles from different cars but the Saturn was totalled before I finished.
Old 12-06-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
yea dude im interested on how u got the red out the needles... cause i have an 01 sedan.. and id like to do that since my whole dash is the color of ur needles... please tell...
Old 12-06-2003
Registered!!

Whelan is an unknown quantity at this point
def. interested. I want to make my dash either blue or red.

Either way Im gonna do the whole dash and HVAC that color.
Old 12-06-2003
Premium Member

I'll make a DIY for this but not for a few weeks. I actually tried it by just clearing the needles and they lit up a nice amber. Blue really does look better, though, and matches my deck.

If you have an 01, the needles should be clear except for a layer of orange paint on top and bottom. You can get it out with ethanol, but it's really much more complicated than this. You also have to paint and do some other stuff to channel the light properly. Wait for the DIY
Old 12-06-2003
OsOBaNNeD

lol no.. PM me with the needle info.... i know how to make the bulbs blue... but PM me with the info on how to get the needles blue...
Old 12-06-2003
OsOBaNNeD

yea heres what mine look like... i want the needles blue , then im gonna change the gauges red..

Last edited by OsOBooSTeD; 12-06-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2003
Premium Member

Looks nice. I'll have the DIY done tonight hopefully. I really need to clean up and relax a bit.
Old 12-06-2003
OsOBaNNeD

cool thx
Old 12-06-2003
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
gearbox- that's tight! can't wai tto see the DIY

osoboosted-what kind of gauges are those? and how are you gonna change it to red?
Old 12-06-2003
Jam out with your clam out.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
osoboosted - do you have the pioneer DEH-P6500 deck? i think i have that same one, but mine lights up green. how is yours blue?

o and i love the blue needles. we defeniatly need a DIY on this.
Old 12-06-2003
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
VERY sweet looking guages gearbox! cant wait to see the DIY
Old 12-07-2003
Premium Member

DIY is up in the tech forum!
Old 12-10-2003
Registered!!

exe30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Uh, when you say "hyper amber", you mean a reddish colour like Pontiacs and BMWs right? In the pictures the colour looks white.

Basically if I open up my dash, acetone the cluster and remove gels / condoms, I will have amber lighting? Seems too easy.
Old 12-10-2003
Premium Member

No, hyper amber means true amber color straight from the backlight bulbs. It's really easy to do. Acetone cluster faces (back), remove bulb condoms and gels. Everything will match exactly. If you have an 01, you can also clear the needles and have them light up amber, too.
Old 12-10-2003
Boosted Auto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
deciuss is an unknown quantity at this point
that looks really nice
Old 12-12-2003
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted

wow! Sweet man! Thats basically what ive been waitin to see! I want my guages to be WHITE (like 03) , and the needles to be blue... Is that possible to do?