Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Need advice on what air tools to buy.

Old 09-05-2010
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Need advice on what air tools to buy.

I'm planning on replacing most of suspension components in the very near future; struts, bushings, ball joints and etcetera. I'm not about to attempt doing that amount of work without air tools, so I've been looking at getting some.

I was looking at impact wrenches today and the ones that put out 250ft pounds of torque are a third of the price of the ones that put of 550ft pounds. Will the 250ft pound gun be large enough for my basic needs?
Old 09-11-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: Need advice on what air tools to buy.

For real you really do not need air tools to loosen or tighten bolts. Well definitely do not use one to tighten bolts. The impact wrench helps sometimes when they are really tight but you shouldnt need them. The main tool that should get is a torque wrench. You can use it to tighten and loosen bolts to specs which is better.
Old 09-11-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

good old cheater (exhaust) pipe has gotten me thru some sticky situations
Old 09-11-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by gearbox
good old cheater (exhaust) pipe has gotten me thru some sticky situations
Lol I usually use a spark plug socket and a very long extension to put on the end of the rachet to get me out of some sticky situations and it works pretty good.
Old 09-11-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I used the removable lever for my hydralic jack as a breaker bar before.. hehehe.. My socket wrench hand fit perfectly in the lever handle.

That and WD-40 is my friend.
Old 09-11-2010
Low and slow!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I used the removable lever for my hydralic jack as a breaker bar before.. hehehe.. My socket wrench hand fit perfectly in the lever handle.

That and WD-40 is my friend.
I would use mine but mine has that bar in the middle of it to where you can use it to let the jack down.
Old 09-11-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Air ratchets are awesome! But the first thing I would get is a impact wrench and an air nozzle.
Old 09-12-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

250ft/lb is not nearly enough if you venture in suspension components.