Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

so you wana live in tokyo drift?

Old 08-25-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Cool so you wana live in tokyo drift?

i fell in love with the car scene, at the age of 12, as soon as i watched "the fast and the ferious". since then i've always wanted a moded car, muscle or import. i kinda like the imports because during my impressionable years most of my friends were taiwanese, chinese and singaporian. so they were into japanese pop culture. anyway here's a little update on what is in my car at the moment. feel free to post pictures of your cars especially things you've custumised.

my usb deck, i didn't instal this myself. it has blue led display that matchs led lights i have to light my gauge cluster and the neon tubes in my enginebay. notice the "carbon fiber" (<ya right) trim, this is stock in the veloz edition, i like it it goes with my black and grey interior.

that little blue guy is a hand carved wooden moster dood my friend braught back from mexico for me =). you can also see my black and crome pedal covers and my black and grey seat covers. some people don't like seat covers but mine look pretty sharp with the interior.

tokyo drift anyone? lol. i've always loved neon and especially in cars. this is one off two tubes, the other id mounted on the inside of the hood.

did a little more paint work in my bay. too bad the paint burn on the header cover. i'm not going to re-trye it though, i'll wait till i get a nice header and just ditch the cover.

painted this oil supply line, i'll put the white stripping on after a day or so so it drys nice and firm, and also paint the bolts once the white is on. you can also see a bit of my powerdriving fluid lid pinted.

painted my orange dipstick to match. you can see one of the hose covers has slipped out, i'll have to trim that one down and reinstall it, but that woven steel is a bitttch to cut.

baught new battery terminals and painted them.

my new 17's and don't ask for a drop riceboy, lol! my clearens under the car with the larger exhaust is only about 4" and you all know how i fear speedbumps, lol. i might drop the back by an inch one day.

a close up of the rims and my yellow brake caliz. also painted the calipers myself. i got the rims for my stock 15's plus $300. new the tires cost $90-100 each and the rims $160 each.
Old 08-25-2010
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: so you wana live in tokyo drift?

Looking nice.I would love to live in tokyo drift if civics were able to drift.lol
Old 08-25-2010

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

well it snows up here and i've done some pretty acurate drifting around corners... and some not so acurate drifting into a snow bank, lol. ps: don't ever change your signiture it's my favourite on on the sight!
Old 08-25-2010

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Hahaha.Thanks.How hard is it to drift in the snow?If Civics could drift on asphalt it would be amazing.
100 posts.

Last edited by VTEC-4.0; 08-25-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2010

well you need packed snow on the street not powder. this lets you grip with the fronts as they spin and your back tires to slide. it's a bit hard and doesn't work everytime because if you're at too high of a speed your front's will just slide and you'll go straight sidways rather then in an arch around the corner and too low of a speed your backs won't slide. you also have to point your front's in the direction you want to go while drifting then at the right moment turn them the opposite way and kind of fishtail out of the drift so your backs arn't sliding anymore. my best one was around a nice wide 100 gegree bend in the housing complex i live in. i drifted around 2/3rds of the corner then drove the rest. my worst i was too cocky and tryed it at an intersection at 30kmh and ended up on the sidewalk shoulder, bracking the black plastic piece that connects under the two wheel wells...lucky no one was around to see my epic fail, lol. but meh, free weight reduction is the way i see it =D.
Old 08-25-2010

Lol.Any other damage to your car?How much hp/torque you putting out?
Old 08-25-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

look for latest grassroots motorsports magazine - they are talking about rallying techniques that include FWD sliding (not drifting, sliding with 4 wheels). Oversteer conditions are possible in asphalt for FWD, you just need to setup the car for it and use a few techniques.
Old 08-25-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've done my fair share of e-brake sliding.. on dry pavement, mind you.. lol.. That was 7-8 years ago.. haha.. That's when I learned how to do heel-toe ****

For the smaller tubes (like the crankcase breather hose) you should go with no-**** steel braided wire instead of the sleeve ****.. Still a bitch to cut, but it'll look better.. I forgot the actual size of that hose, but I think it's something like a 7/8 or 3/4" hose. I think the brand name I used for my oil catch can setup was "Earl's".. Bought that **** and all the AN fittings I needed off JEGS. Also, if you're gonna use the sleeve ****, pull it tight so it doesn't look so fakey.

and you fusebox cover still gets me every time. even moreso now because I'm taking a Japanese class.. hahaha

aaaaandd lol.. your heat shield is hella burnt looking. You should use duplicolor engine enamel. even the "low temp" **** they offer is rated at 500ºF, and the exhaust mani runners only get to 4xx.

And I'm sorry, I kinda facepalmed when I saw the painted battery terminals..

edit: as for my e-brake sliding, I did it with a bone-stock civic. You just gotta be ballsy enough (though I don't condone it any more) to yank the e-brake while speeding, then pull the steering wheel hella hard in the direction you wanna go, then release the e-brake. If you're going fast enough, the *** end will kick out and initiate the "drift". Then you gotta worry about countersteering, maintaining RPMs so you don't actually lose speed. A little bit of brake blipping at the moment you pull the wheel also helps shift the weight to the front of the car to help initiate the slide.. I also incorporated some clutch dumping to get the front wheels to lose traction to make it a 4-wheel FF slide.. That's pretty much how I used to do it.

***DISCLAIMER*** I take no responsibility for anyone that tries to do this based on my "method" of front wheel drive "drifting." In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to post that up, but you are all grown *** people and should be able to take responsibility for your own actions instead of some "This dude xRiCeBoYx on civicforums told me how to do it.. I thought it was a cool idea at the time.." bullshit. /Disclaimer

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 08-26-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2010

Lol Riceboy.I have a feeling someone is gonna come along and see your post.Then go test out your technique and crash or just use up their tires trying to "drift".
Old 08-26-2010

why'd you palm slap for the battery terminals? it's not like i painted over the metal that connects to the posts, i masked it off. and i did use engine enalel too bad it was rated at 260c=500f, my brake enamel is rated at 482c=900f... shoulda used the brake enamel...
Old 08-26-2010

I think your battery terminals look alright actually,but I wouldn't do it.It matches with the other blue stuff.lol
Old 08-26-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

not really a fan of the blue paint underhood, but not bad. exterior and interior are very sharp
Old 08-26-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
***DISCLAIMER*** I take no responsibility for anyone that tries to do this based on my "method" of front wheel drive "drifting." In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to post that up, but you are all grown *** people and should be able to take responsibility for your own actions instead of some "This dude xRiCeBoYx on civicforums told me how to do it.. I thought it was a cool idea at the time.." bullshit. /Disclaimer
LOL!
I don't use the e-brake, just momentum and trailbraking/left foot braking.
Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Lovin' it, bro!

Good shiet!

Let's see a pic of the car during night time with the neon blue on!
Old 08-26-2010
Registered!!

Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

Double post? Wassup with that?
Old 08-26-2010

thx for the feedback peepz XD
Old 08-27-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I facepalmed because ceramic isn't really much of a conductive material in the case you may ever need a jump.. assuming you used the same ceramic high temp paint on everything.. And the fact that they're the same color, and I've even seen people eff up the positive and negative terminals with the color coding. That's all

Also, isn't the high temp paint not supposed to burn like that?
Old 08-29-2010

well the world isn't perfect my friend... neither is the paint, lol. good call on the jumping though, i didn't really consider that. as for guessing the wrong terminal polarity, it could happen if i was really tired or something i guess. but the bat. has a big + sign on it and the negative conector obviously goes to the body and the physical ground of the car.
Old 09-02-2010

If you don't know what he meant by "Tokyo Drift",he's talking about the car scene over there and how they tune and modify they're rides.The car scene in Japan is probably bigger than America's car scene.Plus Japan's got a badass parking buliding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT7Itae0k1E