Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Help with vtec !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ckutch02EX is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with vtec !!!!!!!!!

regardless of VTEC our cars are slow economy SOHC's. You wont really feel the VTEC kick in. Most cars have variable valve timing now a days anyway our version of VTEC is nothing special.
Old 08-24-2010
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I believe that the Si models have a more agressive cam because I definately notice it when my vtec kicks in. It gets a lot louder and almost feels like a weak turbo kicking in around 5000 rpm.
Old 08-24-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
I believe that the Si models have a more agressive cam because I definately notice it when my vtec kicks in. It gets a lot louder and almost feels like a weak turbo kicking in around 5000 rpm.
Thats because the vtec in a b series is totally different than a d series. The b series has the real vtec. But now a days they have the ivtec and vtc which is better.
Old 08-24-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah some built b-series the vtec will throw you back in the seat.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

brobo will become famous soon enoughbrobo will become famous soon enough

wait so i still didnt get my question answered
if i have my check engine light on will vtec work
Old 08-25-2010
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

NO will not work. engine light puts the car in safe mode and you will not have vtec engagement. also rpm is limited to around 4k. if you have auto trans, you will notice it shifting poorly also (lag during shifts, like when the trans isnt warmed up).

Last edited by gearbox; 08-25-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
NO will not work. engine light puts the car in safe mode and you will not have vtec engagement. also rpm is limited to around 4k. if you have auto trans, you will notice it shifting poorly also (lag during shifts, like when the trans isnt warmed up).
yea but i hit like 7000rpm and i have check engine light its a 02 sensor
code p0135 i hear no differnce
Old 08-25-2010
Premium Member

it depends on the engine code. if its not something serious, then rpm isnt limited. but vtec still might be...
Old 08-25-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

just get the O2 sensor, test again... engine is not running well anyway.
first things first.
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

I HAVE CODE IT IS P0135 if that helps
Old 08-25-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

fix
the
engine
first
then you worry if vtec is kicking in or not
look on the top of the page
there is a blue stripe
see the search?
click
type in your code

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-25-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-25-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

i also have an auto ex. my car, maybe it's a freek, but it seems like vtec kicks in twice. once at 3500-3800rpm, a small kick and sound change, then later a second much more aggresive kick at 4500-5000rpm with a major change in sound. the smaller of the two is only felt if you're at 3000rpm steady then go faster. if i shoot from 0mph only the large vtec is felt. does anyone know if vtec happens in two steps or am i just feeling the gear ratio change after i go past 3000rpm?
Old 08-25-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Primary O2 sensor (sensor #1)