Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

2008 civic with 20k miles for $10K??????????

Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buck3yeRideR is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 civic with 20k miles for $10K??????????

I'm new here and i know you guys will be able to help me out. I found a 2008 honda civic 4dr EX with 20k miles for $10k. What i'm worried about is it being so cheap. KBB is a bit over $16k and a lot of civics with worse specs are listed for more on craigslist.

Heres the description the seller provided "Very nice and clean car, non-smoking. Less than 20000 miles on it. Has sunroof, rims, everything power. Fuel efficient and in very good condition. Come and have a test drive. For more information call "

It's a girl selling it, and shes foreign to the USA if that has anything to do with it. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Any pointers or things i should look at? In other words what could be wrong that i might check, giving it the cheap price tag? I was thinking maybe its rebuilt but she has not mentioned it. I will be sure to extra check the title. Thanks
Old 08-20-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 2008 civic with 20k miles for $10K??????????

First- get a carfax report. Second- are there any service records? Third- look for bad or recent welds in the engine bay along the sides and front, uneven wear on tires, anything out of the ordinary. Fourth- Listen for ANY squeeks, rattles, or thumps when taking test drive. Make sure you take it on the highway during test drive. If they act like they don't want you to test drive it much or don't want to take it on the highway then don't buy it. Fifth- take it to your mechanic for an inspection if you have any doubts.
Old 08-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buck3yeRideR is an unknown quantity at this point

alright found out the deal. The car was basically brand new spotless and mint. However it had a rebuilt salvage title, and a few things were fishy. It was really a steal, but with the salvage title i dont think its worth it. I'd maybe offer her $9k. What do u guys think?
Old 08-21-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Buck3yeRideR
..rebuilt salvage title,...
eeeeeh...If your really serious about buying this car take it to a TRUSTED shop to make sure it was repaired right. I personally wouldn't spend that much on a rebuild. Maybe a couple grand if that's all I had and needed a car now.