Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Where to complain about Honda service?

Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ks2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where to complain about Honda service?

Recently broke down on the highway far from home. Had the car towed to a Honda dealer for service. Big mistake. This dealer did not fix the problem, charged a fortune and sent us on our way - only to break down again 10 miles later with the same problem.
I complained to the dealer, all the way up to the General Manager, with no results.
I wrote & talked to American Honda Customer Service. They claim that since the dealership is independent, American Honda has no control over them. (Who knew that corporate had no control over the dealers that use their name!) Anyway, Customer Service claimed that they were the end of the line for complaints.
Anyone have any idea how to get this resolved? (I've also complained to Better Business Bureau. They give this dealer a D-. Wish we had known! They have not been able to resolve the problem either.)
Thanks!
(Meanwhile, be aware that not all Honda dealers are "Honda owned" dealers. Soemthing I wish we had known.)
Old 07-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Where to complain about Honda service?

Make sure you document everything. Then either pay a lawyer to make a threatening call to them or take that money and file in small claims court. Usually the filing fee is $100-300 and in some jurisdictions lawyers aren't even allowed.
Other than that if you make them lose customers/money they will definitely pay attention. My uncle once bought a dodge that was a total lemon. Dealer wouldn't do anything. He made a huge sign that read "This dealer sold me a lemon", put it in the bed and had it towed and dropped right in front of the dealer. Of course they called the cops who told them that since it wasn't on private property and wasn't blocking traffic then they couldn't have it removed unless it sat there for more than 3 days. Needless to say he got a new, non-lemon it about 3 hours.
Good luck.
Old 07-08-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Where to complain about Honda service?

yeah unfortunately many dealers are just low level auto shops using honda's good name and charging crazy prices for repairs that are usually performed by inexperienced mechanics.