Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

help choose rims

Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida13 is an unknown quantity at this point
help choose rims

so i put in a order for some 17s for my car but the place i am getting them from are taking for EVER. i put $700 down but i am getting a refund. i want to search online for some nice rims that come with tires and stuff. but i want your guys help.

i am looking for some 17s or so for my civic EX. i really dont like dropping my car and putting 15s or so on them, i dont know why but i dont like when my car is really lowered..

so any nice rims i can get around for $1000 or a little less??

send me links to rims that you personally like.. i like racing types but not that much though...

here is a picture of my car..

Old 06-03-2010
Registered!!

Re: help choose rims

i found some here.. what do yall think.

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wh...Dr.-Option%201

http://superbuytires.com/v/Honda/Civ...3/?diameter=17
Old 06-04-2010
Registered!!

anyone
Old 06-04-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Is that $1000 including tires?
Old 06-05-2010
Registered!!

yes including tires as well.
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

MohsinBharucha is an unknown quantity at this point

okay can someone explain how rims and tires work.
Whats the biggest size rims and tires i can put on a Honda Civic 2002 4 Door
can i use the rims and tires in winter as well or do i have to change it back to manufacture style?
can i just buy the rims and put the rubber tire part from my car right now and stick it on the rims or do i have to buy special tires for the new rims?
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Enkei's, Rota's, 5Zigen's are in your price range, I believe.

I paid $170 a piece for my buddy clubs, so they may be in your price range, as well

And Nitto NeoGen ZR's are $120 a piece (for 215/45's, $102/tire for 205/40's) on tires.com, and I thoroughly enjoyed them.
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by MohsinBharucha
okay can someone explain how rims and tires work.
Whats the biggest size rims and tires i can put on a Honda Civic 2002 4 Door
can i use the rims and tires in winter as well or do i have to change it back to manufacture style?
can i just buy the rims and put the rubber tire part from my car right now and stick it on the rims or do i have to buy special tires for the new rims?
Depending on where you live you can get away with running aftermarket rims with whatever tires.. Hell, I lived in upstate NY for 6 months and got away with 17" rims with those nitto neogen tires.

As for biggest size you can run, it's really up to what you want to run. I'm sure there are enough tire sizes out there that you may be able to squeeze 20's if you really so desired. I'd have to highly advise against that combo though.

The perfect size, in my opinion, are 17's. The 17" rims I got are actually lighter than the OEM 15" steelies, and I made sure the overall diameter was about the same so it didn't mess with the speedometer reading at all.
Use this tool to figure out what size tire would be optimum for your car: www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also, how to read tire sizes: http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/infoSidewall.do

As for buying rims and re-using the "rubber part" (the tire), you could get away with it, assuming the tire fits. A wheel/tire shop would be able to tell you. Or, if you learn how to read tire sizes, you can kinda tell.

For example, my original tire size was 185/65-15
---->185mm tire width (7.28")
---->the sidewall was 65% of the width (65% of 185mm, or 120.25mm/4.73")
---->The rim diameter (or tire inner diameter) is 15"

Now, from this data, you can fit my original tire on an aftermarket 15"x7" rim. This is all assuming the original tire you take off the original rim is in good re-usable condition.

Hope that helped.
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

yeah i heard enkeis were real nice.
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

What kinda style you looking for?

few single thin spokes (rims shown are buddy club p1 racing sf's)

Fat "spokes" (rims shown are Enkei RP03's)

Deep Dish Fat spokes (rims shown are Enkei RP03 Type RC)

hella spokes (rims shown are Enkei NT03+M)

kinda double spoked (rims shown are Enkei RPF1)

etc?

I don't know if thats the actual classifications of them. I'm just calling it like I see 'em

All pictures are from thmotorsports.com

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-06-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

few single spokes.. i like dub type but i dont want to do chrome and all that...

if u can send me links to some that you think you like so i can see..
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.thmotorsports.com/wheels_...s/c-10188.aspx

that's where I got all the pictures from
Here are those first rims (Buddy Club P1 Racing SFs in Gunmetal, 17x7 ET42, wrapped in 215/45-17 Nitto NeoGen Tires)
DSCN1236.jpg
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

eh i dont really like those types.
Old 06-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't the buddy clubs basically the lightest rims around?
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

digital bathroom scale weighed the 17's in at 17.5lbs

I'm thinking about getting mine re-finished. powdercoated in the volk mag blue
Old 06-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ do it
Old 06-06-2010
Administrator
Administrator

I wonder if it'd be overdoing the blue though. either that or get 'em coated gunmetal again with a mag blue lip.
Old 06-06-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Well... you have to blue/black theme right... so that would work too... but the blue is nice... photochopppp it and see what you come up with.