Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

my lip

Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florida13 is an unknown quantity at this point
my lip

i got this lip kit from ebay and havent put it on yet. i have been debating to get 18 chrome rims for my civic or not but i thought if i got these rims the lip wouldnt look nice.. its black and my car is blue. i wanted to take some pictures and see what you all think..

i am now thinking about just getting 17s with inserts that i can change to match my car.. and then put the lip kit on..

let me know what you guys think.. i have about a grand to work with for rims and tires.. or if there is anything online for a little less that looks just as nice i will get.

Old 05-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my lip

Keep the lip, get it painted to match your bumper. While your painting it, you can get the scuff mark fixed on the passenger side of the bumper.
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

can they paint over that mark?.. and you think the lip will look ok
Old 05-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea the lip kit looks good... They don't just paint over it, they will fix it. It will cost you more but your car would look better. Fix it before you put 18 inch rims on it.
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

some dude said i would have to get a whole new bumper... and i was re thinking the 18s and maybe put 17s back on but brand new ones.
Old 05-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Well, the picture is not very good so I can't see the extent of the damage. A good body shop can fix it though, I will almost guarantee that.
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

how can i defog my headlights? and earlier today i just got the little tint strip across my front window.
Old 05-15-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Like ^^ said, the lip will look fine.. and IMO, don't do chrome.. that's just me. Then again, I have an EBP coupe, and the only thing that's shiny/bright on my car is my muffler (polished) and my headlights (and even those are painted rattle can almost-ebp, except the obvious reflector portions).

headlights lookin a little hazy, too.. dunno if its just the angle..
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

someone said you can go to walmart and get the kit.. will they do it for me? or do i have to?
Old 05-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

I think it's 3M that makes the kit, not sure if you can get it at wal mart. They won't do it for you there though. I think a body shop would do the work. Get a nice sunny afternoon and do it yourself, it's a fun project. Just take your time and go easy, make sure the painted surfaces around the headlights are taped off so you don't scratch the paint. Plast-X is fantastic. It's a lot easier with a die sander but you can do it without it, a pretty good workout too.
Old 05-15-2010
Registered!!

so if i call walmart, what do i ask for? and auto zone and stuff... what exactly do i tell them i need.
Old 05-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I used 800, 1500, 2000 grit sand paper, followed by a (made for fiberglass) oxidation remover, followed by a polish, then plastic polish, and the a couple coats of wax to fix my step-mom's headlights ('97 benz e420).. More or less following the DIY guide somewhere on these forums..

when I was done, my lil brother said "i didnt know they're supposed to be clear" and my dad said "there's vertical lines in these headlights?"
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

wal-mart does sell the 3M headlight restoration kit but its the one that doesn't come with painters tape the new one does.
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

ill call and ask them tomorrow. and autozone
Old 05-17-2010
Registered!!

ok here are pics i took..

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 05-17-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Nice man good job.
Old 05-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

what method you use?
Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

i used rain x stuff from autozone.
Old 05-18-2010
Registered!!

civicpapi is an unknown quantity at this point