Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Im throwin up my hands, time to swap?

Old 05-07-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"goose"Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Im throwin up my hands, time to swap?

Ive had a turd of a frankenstein for too long (b7/b8). Ive got a slambox with it, so my ecu has to be an auto and for the life of me i cant find a po5 auto anywhere....(ebay, craigslist, forums, online parts stores....nothing). Even with the right ecu in....for a stick I still have idle issues and throttle issues. Ive replaced the following: fuel filter, plugs n wires, cap and button, tb and intake manni gasket, tps and map sensors, shift salenoids, ive cleaned the injectors and ported the intake manni, timing belt and water pump, no vac leaks anywhere. I think honestly its either got to be one of the following two: either a blown headgasket with an internal leak....no fluids drip anywhere on the ground, or the compression is off....bad. It has two ranges of speed either really sluggish and slow or if i hit the throttle a bit it jumps like i just downed from 4th to 3rd. If anyone has any helpful advice on what this may be that im clearly overlooking let me know, I really dont have the money or time to do a swap but it would still be cheaper than buying another car or waiting til the last minute.
Old 05-09-2010
Registered!!

rbkwhitey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Im throwin up my hands, time to swap?

Well I had the same issues when I did a minime swap. It idled like **** even after replacing iacv, TB, intake gasket, TPS, wires, plugs, dizzy.etc... Vacuum lines we're good. I ended up flushing the coolant and bleeding it properly.... **** sucker idled like a princess after that.. Just a suggestion man.
Old 05-16-2010
Registered!!

"goose"Jay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Im throwin up my hands, time to swap?

come to find out the ecu was faulty and i had a b7 head after all, so the dtc is gone. It still has a stumble on accel and a miss at idle until it warms up a bit