Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Is Black on Black played out?

Old 04-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bl0ggy06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is Black on Black played out?

I'm fixing to get new paint and am getting, hopefully today, my new wheels. The wheels are Enkei FD-05's they are gun metal/black. I thougt this would look pretty sweet on a black car, but see several forums that say black on black is old school.

My other color choice is World Rally Blue. Would the wheels look better on black or WRB?

The wheels have a gun metal lip.

If the black on black is not played out, would blacking out the whole car look good?
Old 04-01-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is Black on Black played out?

people will argue that it is but that in itself would make it unique if nobody else is doing it things like that always make a comeback if the japs are doing it it will be all the rage here after it played out over there if you notice the japs are bringing back fender vents so in about a year it will make a comeback so do what you like don't follow.
Old 06-06-2010
Registered!!

keepinittc is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally think black on black is played out, then again I prefer to see most cars with the manufacturer rims on them, since where im from having rims on your car is pretty much played out as well

black on some good gunmetal would look good though, always has.... I suppose its about how you do it and if you can make it look unique
Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

You have to drive it, wash it, polish it, etc... what would you WANT to look at every day?

It's your money. Who cares what the trend is? Do what makes you happy.
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

speeeedddddfrea is an unknown quantity at this point

Black or dark gray with polished lip. :thumbsup:
Old 06-10-2010
Registered!!

Keegs can only hope to improve

Black on black will never be played out for me, and I park next to a black on black Eclipse and a black on black Mustang every day at work. It still boils down to giving your ride personality and it's own flair. I think you can pick a secondary color to break up a lot of black sometimes to avoid it looking "too" black. Like my dash has a couple vents painted a "Sparco" blue which goes good with my head unit.