Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Why won't my '03 Civic start?

Old 01-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xj3nt is an unknown quantity at this point
Why won't my '03 Civic start?

First off, I'm a girl, I'm 16, and I know NOTHING about cars. Well, I may know some things... But anyways, I need expert help/advice ASAP!

I drive an '03 Honda Civic coupe. For some unknown reason, it decides not to start one night in the rain. Before it decided not to start, the electric started flipping out. The new-ish stereo I had installed was turning off and on, and it would turn completely off when I parked my car that night. Weird.

Anyways, when I put the key in the ignition and turn it, the dashboard lights go on and stuff but it just won't start. I don't hear the engine kick in or anything.

And when I press on the brake in order to start it, the brake feels like its stuck or something.. it doesn't push all the way down.

What is wrong with my car!

Someone please help me
Old 01-17-2010
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Why won't my '03 Civic start?

when u turn the key to start does it try to start but the lights flicker and u hear clicking from the motor?

also turn on your headlights. w/o the key. if there dim u got a dead battery.
Old 01-17-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Your brakes are fine, its the pressure thats built up in the lines from you stepping on the pedal so many times without a successful start. When it does start, the pressure will release because the fluid will circulate and the pedal will go back to how it normally feels.

Who installed your radio- a shop? I would call them back and tell them you never head a problem with the car until they wired your cd deck and you need them to fix it.
Old 01-17-2010
Registered!!

RonJ will become famous soon enough

Start by pulling the battery out and taking it to an auto parts store for testing and charging. When that's fixed, bad wiring of the new radio is the suspected cause of the dead battery, as mentioned above.
Old 01-18-2010
Registered!!

seoul4korea can only hope to improve

mmmm. I got it!! Could it be the immobilizer? but this also sounds like it sound be the same issue that i was having. I had the same things happening and after replacing some things I found that it was due to my Ecu so I got a used one replaced it and towed it to honda to reprogram it.