Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Honda Civic Type R vs Si Hatch

Old 12-05-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
night_flight is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda Civic Type R vs Si Hatch

Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing new honda civic hatch but I am in doubt of which one to get. I know type r is more sporty and has firmer suspension but I am just not sure how comfortable is it going to be for day to day city driving. I am from Australia and the price wise these cars differ in about a grand or two. Si tho has leather seats included in addition to 4 doors which is in my opinion nice touch. Please let me know. Also should I get honda ipod cable (i have an Iphone 3G) would that work? Does it lock iphone controls?
Regards
Old 12-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda Civic Type R vs Si Hatch

get the type-r. there is really no comparison, as so many parts have been upgraded on the type-r compared to regular hatch. can you test drive it? i think the suspension will be fine, its not that aggressive compared to other cars. im not sure about the ipod cable.
Old 12-05-2009
Registered!!

I will test drive it and tho I ve heard Type R has better gear change (quicker smoother) than normal SI Hatch I am just concerned about as I said suspension....wish there were 2 back doors on type r too. I dont drive long distances (max speed 80km/h)...so what really benefits the Type R so much do you know?
Old 12-05-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

-better suspension
-better seats
-underbody spoiler kit
-better rims
-better engine
-other interior details and parts

i dont have a full list of specifics, but its basically the best civic you can buy.
Old 12-06-2009
Registered!!

i guess I ll go for a drive and see which one is better
Old 08-17-2010
Registered!!

bazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you give me some feedback on which choice you made,I am thinking the Si but it is basically a VTI L in a new body,which don't get me wrong looks impressive but you seem to be paying $7 to $10 K with no extra power, the R is a much coarser ride but heaps more grunt.The Si should have had the 2.0L engine.
Old 08-17-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bazzer
Can you give me some feedback on which choice you made,I am thinking the Si but it is basically a VTI L in a new body,which don't get me wrong looks impressive but you seem to be paying $7 to $10 K with no extra power, the R is a much coarser ride but heaps more grunt.The Si should have had the 2.0L engine.
What year si and type r are you talking about that would help.
Old 08-17-2010
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by night_flight
i guess I ll go for a drive and see which one is better
RU aware that the Type-R is almost a racing-ready car?