Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

tps sensor problem.

Old 11-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ek00Si is an unknown quantity at this point
tps sensor problem.

Hello im the new guy on the forums. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem i have. I just replaced my TPS sensor on my 00 civic si, and the check engine light stays on i tried erasing it but doesnt go away. I set the TPS sensor to the resistance that the old one gave me but i still have the check engine light on.? Does any one know what the resistance is suppose to? Before i replaced the sensor my car was stuttering and wanting to die out, and finally it died out but started back up again.
Old 11-30-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: tps sensor problem.

What's the code your getting???
Old 11-30-2009
Registered!!

That the tps sensor is bad. I had it checked out after i replaced it and it still told me the same thing that it was the tps sensor. I figured after a couple of miles it would erase it self automatcly but it started stuttering again so i dont know.
Old 11-30-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

alot of times its easier to replace the whole throttle body. tps is a pain to set the voltage properly. see if you can find a repair manual with the specs on how to calibrate it.
Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

EK9_XCVI is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I would say replace the whole throttle body too. Messing with the TPS can be a pain in the @$$. BTW what was the specs that you were trying to achieve?
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Well i think i just gna have to do that. My other one measured 840 ohms. I been driving the car and it drives just the other day started stuttering again i pulled over and checked it and after that its been driving fine just the acceleration response sucks. I got a throtle body from a 00 hatchback dx and i measured the tps and it measured 761 ohms. Is it the same for the tps sensors on the 00 dx and the 00 si? or does it have to be from a civic si? The one i have on their its a blox. Need help this s***t is giving a headache.
Old 12-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

civic si has completely different engine and parts than regular civic. just get a full oem throttle body for your car and call it a day