Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

DIY Painted 'H' Honda emblem in front.

Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badhabits is an unknown quantity at this point
Post DIY Painted 'H' Honda emblem in front.

So I had a bit of red paint left... and decided to see what I could do with it... I chose to try the front emblem, since my rear was already painted red..

It was very simple, and though I took the grill off of my car, I realized after it wasnt 100% necessary..

Sorry about pic quality, i used my cell phone..

1. I obviously started by taking my grill off. My way was probably incorrect, but worked: Take out the plastic plugs on the upper grill (radiator cover area). peel it back enough one side at a time removing the screw that connects the grill to the front bumper. Once both sides are unscrewed, there were just a few clips at the bottom holding it the rezt of the way on, pulling up on the grill it popped right out. Sorry I didnt catch any pics of these steps, but I'm sure there are DIYs on grill replacements online somewhere, same rules would apply for this. Make sure you clean it up real good.

2. (You can choose to skip directly to this step if you are careful) Slide a few pieces of paper under the top of the emblem and down until it wont go any further in, repeat on the bottom. They should line up with each other almost perfectly, Then do the same on the sides to make sure the slit is covered. Then mask off all surrounding areas with tape and cardboard or whatever you choose (notice my mc'ds bag i tore up and used lol). Make sure anything that could catch overspray is covered.

3. Now spray it VERY LIGHTLY with your color of choice, & dont waste your time with cheap paint, you WILL regret it. I literally just misted it to a pinkish color my first spray. Let it sit an hour or so, then give it another spray, this time a bit heavier, but still a light coat. Guess what, an hour later and its time for another spray...I hit it this time, and gave it a pretty good coating of paint. You can recoat as many times as you want, but let your heavy coats dry for 3-4 hours in between, and replace the papers each time to avoid build up of paint and ugly rips when u remove it in the end.

4. When you are happy with the amount of coats you've used, go ahead and let it dry for a few hours, then slide the paper out and clean up any oops oversprays with some citrus based cleaner.

5. If you took your grill off, put it back. The end.
Old 08-08-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY Painted 'H' Honda emblem in front.

i like it! pic on car?
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
i like it! pic on car?
Hold on, I'll go try to get one... lighting in the garage sucks, so IDK how its gonna work out now that its dark, but ill give it a go.
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by badhabits
Hold on, I'll go try to get one... lighting in the garage sucks, so IDK how its gonna work out now that its dark, but ill give it a go.
Shitty lighting, shitty cell phone cam, and my car is dirty as heck, but here it is, lol.

Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

Any1 else who does this should post a pic so I know my (partial)write up was put to good use :P
Old 08-08-2009
Registered!!

TheItalian is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it looks pretty good..a sunny day picture would do it some good for real looks...
Old 08-13-2009
Registered!!

01cvc will become famous soon enough

that does look pretty nice! i actually made my rear onda emblem look like the red jdm H, i had a sheet of red vinyle, cut out a square (around the emblem) and poked the two holes in the vinyle and it looks JDM! i mean it looks pretty legit to me, ill try to get a pic
Old 08-13-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 01cvc
that does look pretty nice! i actually made my rear onda emblem look like the red jdm H, i had a sheet of red vinyle, cut out a square (around the emblem) and poked the two holes in the vinyle and it looks JDM! i mean it looks pretty legit to me, ill try to get a pic
Yeah, I did mine with a semi-gloss duplicolor (actually used the vinyl & dash trim paint they make, it held really well and its been there over 2 months)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5.jpg (30.9 KB, 136 views)
Old 08-14-2009
Registered!!

01cvc will become famous soon enough

yeah that looks really nice and matches well with your interior. my interior is all black, i was thinking of painting the pieces around the ac vents and door handles and around the radio but im not sure,