Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

I would Never Buy From Ottawa Honda Again

Old 07-17-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
piazzi is an unknown quantity at this point
I would Never Buy From Ottawa Honda Again

If you live in Ottawa, and you are in the market for a Honda, I would advise against going to Ottawa Honda at 955 Richmond Road.

If you really have to buy from Ottawa Honda on Richmond Road, I would advise against dealing with J. P. Gauthier.

If you really have to deal with J. P. Gauthier, I would advise you get every condition you want in writing on paper, his words mean nothing to him.

I negotiated a Civic for my wife. I told the salesperson, J. P. Gauthier of Ottawa Honda that I did not want my car to have more than 20 km on it. He said that they never sold a new car with more than 20-25 km

Today we went to pick the car, and I asked him what the mileage was on the car and he said all new Honda's would be 20-25 km. Since I had asked a direct question and he gave me an answer I did not bother checking the mileage prior to signing the papers. After the fact, I realized the car had 90 km on it. I told him he just had said the car had 20 on it. He completely changes his story and said that he had done me a favor, traveled on his day off to Pembroke to drive the car to Ottawa.

I told him I had been very specific about the mileage of the car, and that he had lied to me, He told me I was being ridiculous and used bad word starting with F and Sh in front of my wife,

I am not sure what J. P. Gauthier has dumped on me. It might be a demo car sold to me as new. It might be a car some dealer drove for personal use, who knows?

I have heard that car salesmen do anything to pick a nickel off people. But I had asked a very specific question and set a very specific condition for J. P. Gauthier, and he had given me his word, and he lied right to my face.

There is not much I can do I guess, Ottawa Honda and their sales person J. P. Gauthier took advantage of my trust, and sold a used car to me as new. All I can do is warn as many as I can

I would think twice about taking my business to Ottawa Honda on Richmond Road in Ottawa, Ontario

If that is the type of sales person Honda hires, I would think twice about doing any business with Honda
Old 07-17-2009
Registered!!

thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I would Never Buy From Ottawa Honda Again

what a jackass he is! sorry to hear that story man
Old 07-18-2009

denice25 will become famous soon enough

sorry to hear that mate... that sucks!
Old 07-19-2009
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, I've heard bad stories about Ottawa Honda the most out of all the Honda dealers in Ottawa. I personally would never shop at Ottawa Honda from the stories I hear and from people that I know that worked there before. Come visit the rest of the Honda gang at www.ottawahondaclub.com and share the story.