Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Dezod Race/Show event

Old 01-29-2008
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Dezod Race/Show event

Hello all,

Dezod Motorsports and Dezod West have been talking about renting Firebird International Raceway (in Phnx AZ) off and on in different forums. Many had kind things to say and sounded like they wanted an event such as this; so we started churning some numbers, making phone calls, and seeing what we could do. The event would be at Firebird Raceway, on May 24th in Phoenix Arizona. This date is tentative and not set in stone unless we pay a deposit required by management of the track.

As many of you know, Dezod is BIG into Honda and Scion. I think naturally this would make for some good competition. The race is open to ALL CARS. (providing they pass inspection) We would be breaking down the racing into different groups, so do not worry or feel intimidated if you are still learning the ropes.

The track is Firebird West, which is a 1.1 mile road race circuit. We will also have a large lot for a full car show going on as well. Some vendors would be there, some possible sport compact celebrities, as well as music and food.

The course looks like this:

There will be classes based on engine, and possibly drivetrain, depending on the amount of cars we get. An example would be 4cyl Front wheel drive, naturally aspirated, and 4 cyl front wheel drive, with forced induction etc

This is NOT intended for wheel to wheel racing, so do not worry about crashing into anyone, or anyone crashing into you. This is a time attack event. The car show will be divided into multiple classes as well, which will be determined by the interest we receive, and how many cars enter.

The event is going to be fairly large, one of the largest physical Scion/Honda events in the country. Other car types will be there as well, including Cobalts and some other domestics. I think it will be a great way to meet other enthusiasts, and for owners to see what Dezod cars do on and off the race track.

Joe and I will be helping in tuning, giving driving tips, answering questions, and racing some company cars.

The following prices below are preliminary and may change, but this is an idea...

Racer admission (includes 1 spectator ticket) - $65

Show Admission (includes 1 spectator ticket) - $25

Spectator (12 and under are Free) - $10

PLEASE let us know on this thread if you are serious about coming, and suggest anything you'd like. We want this to be a national event and I think we can make it a lot of fun. The 24th is a Saturday, and the following Monday would be a holiday so please keep that in mind. If we have enough interest, Joe and I will generate a pre-order section where you can fill out an app and register your car for race or show. Let me know if you have any other questions!

UPDATE 1: You CAN enter both Race and Show. It will not be the full price of combining both admissions. We will offer a discount for both, though the exact number is not set in stone yet.
Old 01-29-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: Dezod Race/Show event

I'd be there with my Dezod mani on my EM2.
Old 01-29-2008
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

id love to go, but that is way to far to drive lol
Old 01-29-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

coool
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Damn why so far? You guys gotta do something closer to home next time and I will def put her on the track to show how slow I can really go :-)
Old 01-29-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

I too would like to go to this but... PA to AZ no way!

Wagner
Old 01-29-2008
Premium Boosted Member

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough

You guys need to go to this event! Its going to be huge! Lots of trophies, a great course, and a great way to meet some other import tuners out there.
Old 01-30-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Originally Posted by WgnrNick
I too would like to go to this but... PA to AZ no way!

Wagner
We have people coming from FL and VA lol...

Last edited by MadWheel; 01-30-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-30-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, good stuff guys. If I was back in the states I'd be there. Look forward to photos vids and the rest!
Old 01-30-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MadWheel
We have people coming from FL and VA lol...
I wish I had that kind of time to take off from work. If I took that kind of time off it would be to see my family in Florida, and I would fly lol.
Old 01-30-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Fair enough. Spread the word out for us! We have some great things planned for this event and I think we're looking at roughly 40 trophies (not junk ones eithe).
Old 01-30-2008

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

im amped
Old 01-30-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Can we see ya there? Will you be racing?
Old 01-30-2008

i will stock em2 with a VAFC2

Woot!
Old 01-31-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Awesome I'll see you then!
Old 02-01-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see some are interested! I know we have some D17 customers out in the desert and salt area......
Old 02-06-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Bump!

I have over 70 cars going to this event now! Who will be representing for the 7th and 8th gen guys?

I have Rufus and 02BLKCIVIC so far...

You guys racing, show, or both?
Old 02-06-2008

is this the same event?

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53634

if I can get my **** together ill be racing...

but ill be there for sure...
Old 02-06-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I'll race. Sounds fun.
Old 05-15-2008
Premium Boosted Member

Please register if you already haven't done so!

Prices for the event will go up in the next week (May 21st) for those who haven't registered yet. We need you guys to register in advance so we can organize the event as best as possible. Combo tickets will increase from $85 to $100. Race tickets will increase from $70 to $90, and show from $25 to $35 on May 21st. PLEASE register before hand. We're not trying to make anyone pay more, but I want you all to register sooner. It will make for a better experience for everyone! Spread the word on all the forums you know about. I don't want this to come as a surprise for anyone. If you have any questions let me know!

To learn more about the event or buy tickets, please click here:
https://www.dezodwest.com/dds.htm

Last edited by MadWheel; 05-15-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

I'd love to go but PA to AZ is mad far. I've flew there and it was long enough, much less drive, lol. I hope theres a good turnout (which I'm sure there will be).

Wagner
Old 05-17-2008
Premium Member

85% sure I'm in...
Old 05-19-2008
Registered!!

nicokpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry guys, have another plan