Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!

Old 12-22-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DelawareDon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!

I think I would be writing/telephoning my State Insurance Commissioner with the intent of filing a formal complaint, in which I asked that GEICO's policies be investigated. It is your state's insurance office the authorizes an insurance company to do business in your state.
Old 12-22-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^Good call, I will do exactly that. Just have to wait till wednesday.
Old 12-22-2007
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold

WWW.BBB.ORG, then file a complaint there as well lol, maybe you could start a poll on this site if CAI's are "exotic" lol, with these civics we (i) have it more for the small increase in gas mileage. ****, i'd love to go back to stock, i just dont have the stock airbox and such anymore. yet another reason i hate geico.
Old 12-24-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Old 12-24-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rufus
HILARIOUS!!! f$#k geico, and their gay lizard
Old 12-24-2007
Registered!!

blueninjacivic is an unknown quantity at this point

wow first time i been on here in a while and i come across this. if what ur saying is true then they gonna hate me when i do my swap
Old 12-31-2007
Registered!!

lemac will become famous soon enough

So out of all the cars insured by this company only Honda's with mods or any car or truck with mods will not be honored if they where in a wreck? This makes no since, I would see if you changed something that compromised the integrity of the cars structure. Not an fn cai.
Old 01-01-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blueninjacivic
wow first time i been on here in a while and i come across this. if what ur saying is true then they gonna hate me when i do my swap
Dude, you need to get USAA right now since you're eligible. You can't get it once you get out, you can keep it if you already have it. Best insurance company ever.
Old 01-01-2008
Registered!!

FGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to allFGCOUPE is a name known to all

if this is how Gayco treats their customers...
i say anyone using them right now should rip the **** in half and goto antoher insurance place.

HEY GEICO, YOU RETARDS!
a CAI doesnt make the car warp into outer space you freaks! lmfao!
Old 01-01-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^^Well said.

I am paid up till the 21st of Jan with Geico but I will be switching before then.
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

briand17a2 has a spectacular aura aboutbriand17a2 has a spectacular aura about

I agree on writing a formal request to the state insurance commissioner. It may be that your individual claims adjuster (not GEICO itself as a whole), is liberally interpreting what GEICO may define as "performance modification".

I argue that your adjuster, by labelling an EPA-certified and SEMA-backed aftermarket component as un-insurable, should be investigated under antitrust regulations.

If your adjuster cannot deliver an article/section/page number quotation of GEICO's definition of "performance modification", then he/she may be in violation of the policy contract between yourself and GEICO. If you get the smoke-up-your-*** treatment, report this issue straight to the Better Business Bureau and your local/state government.

But, if you can afford switching and dont want to go through all this bullshit, go for it.

But if there's other information out there not included in this discussion, I would be very careful about posting your documents online. If your adjuster is worried about his job, you can bet your *** he'll be searching all over the net for pics of you, your car, etc...if theres nothing here to find, you're better off. The big corps have datamining centers that do all this work for them anyway, bastards. Be careful, and good luck with this. Hope it works out.
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

This document is the only piece of information I have posted on the net.
Old 01-02-2008
Registered!!

briand17a2 has a spectacular aura aboutbriand17a2 has a spectacular aura about

Ok good. Cant be too careful.
Old 01-10-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I just called Geico for a quote and asked them about modifications. I said I heard from someone else that they won't insure anything with a modified air intake and he said it's not the case. If it's bolted to the car and I let them know what it is, it's automatically covered under my original quote, even performance modifications.
Old 01-10-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

wha^^^
Old 01-10-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Yup, just got off the phone with Progressive, Geico and All State. I even got the guy's name and phone number from Geico so I could quote him if they try to tell me otherwise. Looks like they're fine with it, for New York at least.
Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

d5685090 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow alpha i say you call them on it. get their crazy azzes!!!
Old 01-13-2008
Registered!!

DonP is an unknown quantity at this point

more and more insurance companies are going to stop covering modified vehicles.
Old 01-13-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what insurance does everyone have
Old 01-13-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Currently Meloche-Monnex in Canada. Until March.
Old 01-23-2008
Registered!!

d5685090 is an unknown quantity at this point

what is Canada????? canada dry????? the drink?? lol jk dude this really sux for us who have our cars modified.
Old 01-23-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh well, just means less business for geico lol. there are a ton of other companies that dont care and will be happy you drive a 90hp econobox and not a 200+hp sports car.
Old 01-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Guys, read the end of page 3 for an update.
Old 01-23-2008
Registered!!

Gwapo Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

I forget the website but there is one that rates insurance companies.
IN terms of stability and such. Geico is not one of the best ones out there. Most of these new fly by night companies dont have the finacial reserves.
I recomend sticking with the bigger companies.
Take full set of pics and gather all reciepts for work done or parts bought.
Have car insured for proper amount to ensure coverage for when something happens. In a accident if you dont have the car properly covered you can be in for a big loss.
Also civics are quickly becoming a top 10 stolen list and performance list.
Due to your age and type of vehicle. Im sure you are a victim of stereo type.
Having worked for state farm i have seen this. smaller compines are worried bout possible losses due to young kids fixing up lil lite weight imports and racing or hot rodding them.
If you credit and driving record is good. Go with a majior company.
2 cars equal a discount
house or apt an additional discount
life insurance in excess of 100k another discount
by packaging you insurance you can save quite a bit.
Old 01-23-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

I don't get the credit part. The guy on the phone asked me for my Social Security number and I was thinking WTF? I asked him why he needs it and he said to do a credit check, again I was thinking WTF? What does that have to do with how risky of a driver I am? Insurance companies in Canada don't do any of that stuff, they don't even ask for your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
Old 01-23-2008
Registered!!

Gwapo Civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Credit check is to see how you pay your bills.
They are giving you a service and want to make sure you will pay.
Old 02-12-2008
Registered!!

Here is an update.

I am now with AIG, they are great...
I told them about the Geico situation and the guy laughed. He said that they insure the vin. What I do with the car is my business. I could swap the motor for a V8 and they would not care. lol

So I switched all my vehicles to AIG and am now saving $200 every 6 months. (They did not ask for my SS# either.)

Here is another bit of info.
When I let my Geico policy cancel they sent the state of Oklahoma a letter. It stated all my vehicle information and that I was driving without insurance. I had to go to the police station with the letter and the new proof or they would issue a citation and a warrant for failure to carry insurance.

I HATE GEICO.
Old 02-13-2008
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold

i would file so many complaints with BBB.org i'm never using them ****ing bastards.
Old 02-13-2008
Premium Member

haha geico sent me a letter practically begging me to call and switch to them. lmao, i shouldve called just for the fun of it.
Old 02-13-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by booba5185
i would file so many complaints with BBB.org i'm never using them ****ing bastards.

Thanks man, I have already file a couple but I will be filing more.

Quick Reply: Geico will no longer insure our Hondas! Read up!