Buy, Sell, & Trade - Archive Get a sweet deal from another member on those parts you've been wanting, or be the member thats selling them!

Civic Type-R: New vs. Old

Old 12-04-2007
Technical Assistant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute
Civic Type-R: New vs. Old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMDAhT5IK_Y
Old 12-04-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Civic Type-R: New vs. Old

Nice I wonder how the US SI matches up to the old SI.
Old 12-04-2007
Technical Assistant

ultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond reputeultimatetuner10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Nice I wonder how the US SI matches up to the old SI.
FG2>EP3 in performance and looks...id still have the EP3 over the FG2 though. Cheaper, get the type R body panels, and a2 headswap, type-s 6mt, EP3R suspension and
Old 12-04-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the RSX type S vs the FG2? How do they match up?
Old 12-04-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

the rsx type s and the fg2 should match up just like the video of the two type R's I have seen the new type R in person when I was over in england this summer I think it looks really cool but if you get down and actually inspect it the car is almost exactly like the FG2 except the changed the back end of the roof.

Honda did the same thing with the FG2 and the type R as they did with the DC5, EP3, and EM2 they kept the same type/style of suspension on all of the same cars to help keep production and research cost low. You can almost find any suspension component off an rsx and bolt it right up to an EM2 same thing goes for engine components between the k-series motors.

I would definitely bet that the rsx type s would beat up on the FG2 the only thing that the fg2 In my opinion has that would make a difference is the Limited slip
Old 12-04-2007
Technical Assistant

Originally Posted by bomerman19
the rsx type s and the fg2 should match up just like the video of the two type R's I have seen the new type R in person when I was over in england this summer I think it looks really cool but if you get down and actually inspect it the car is almost exactly like the FG2 except the changed the back end of the roof.

Honda did the same thing with the FG2 and the type R as they did with the DC5, EP3, and EM2 they kept the same type/style of suspension on all of the same cars to help keep production and research cost low. You can almost find any suspension component off an rsx and bolt it right up to an EM2 same thing goes for engine components between the k-series motors.

I would definitely bet that the rsx type s would beat up on the FG2 the only thing that the fg2 In my opinion has that would make a difference is the Limited slip
well the fg2 still has an LSD, its just a helical
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
What about the RSX type S vs the FG2? How do they match up?
FG2 is prolly a bit heavier, not by much so it wouldnt be that huge. Id have the RSX cause then I could basically make it an ITR replica, for the FG2 to make it like the JDM spec type-r that would take a bit more than a spoiler, bumpers, and wheels